Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
    So apparently the team no longer uses the skating treadmill due to the high number of groin injuries the past few seasons.
    Interesting and where did that info come from? Curious what its based on.

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
      Try Mike Usitalo.

He's only 20 something games in and they've been happy with his defensive play; little early to start worrying about his chances when they likely have plans for him to be there three years.

And once you're on Calumet, you probably heard Erkilla is back from Marquette and is playing for CHS this year. Also likely Tech will be watching both Storm (switching back to forward this year) and Jacques this year as Pearson noticed both in the finals last year; Jacques apparently already has an offer of some sort from NMU- his dad has a suite at MTU (Center Ice S & S).
      Yeah, good news about Erkkila....he's an amazingly fast skater and can turn on a dime. Still, I think a year in juniors is really needed to tell if a HS player will develop. Lots of amazing local HS hockey talent has failed to pan out in D1 and major junior....it's always risky going straight out of HS. Hopefully, more CHS players will start to look at MTU if Mel keeps the program moving in the right direction. CHS players have been choosing NMU over Tech for decades now.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
        So apparently the team no longer uses the skating treadmill due to the high number of groin injuries the past few seasons.
        Hmm, other schools have them and use them, user error maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
          Hmm, other schools have them and use them, user error maybe?
          I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they were over training and skimping on the stretching..

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
            I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they were over training and skimping on the stretching..
            Hmm, I have heard a lot of insults thrown Techs way just never for them working too hard...

Comment

Coach mentioned in the post-game that they have to play better without the puck. Sounds like a broken record to me. Also he sounded pretty disappointed. Me too. He was a long time in the dressing room after the game as well.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                Coach mentioned in the post-game that they have to play better without the puck. Sounds like a broken record to me. Also he sounded pretty disappointed. Me too. He was a long time in the dressing room after the game as well.
                From what I saw on the video they looked like their hearts werent in the game. Here is to hoping for a better game tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by ThomSully View Post
                  From what I saw on the video they looked like their hearts werent in the game. Here is to hoping for a better game tomorrow
                  I dunno... they had tons of chances. 35 shots is not a bad showing... they need to finish. And give credit to St. Lawrence's Goalie, he had some crazy saves.
                  MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

The Red Wings are offering 5 dollar tickets to the GLI for one day only.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/gr...42&err=&event=

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      You got that vibe too. He did sound a little down. Maybe just the two weeks on the road getting to him, or he is starting to channel JR a little bit.

This team is by large the same group of players that for the past couple of years has been hard pressed to put a couple of strong periods together much less string a couple of complete games together. They are starting to come back to reality the past couple of weeks.

Comment

You got that vibe too. He did sound a little down. Maybe just the two weeks on the road getting to him, or he is starting to channel JR a little bit.

This team is by large the same group of players that for the past couple of years has been hard pressed to put a couple of strong periods together much less string a couple of complete games together. They are starting to come back to reality the past couple of weeks.
                        Yes they have. I think Mel is really working hard on instilling the winning mindset and on developing the understanding of what it takes to win. Some of these old habits just die very hard.

Comment

New day. New game.

Go Huskies!

Comment

yup. carry on. GO TECH!!
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Stretching is overrated.

Comment

depends what you're stretching

Comment

Working...
                                X