Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Yeah BSU would be cool.

And BPH, forgot about the new format. Ugh, stupid tradition getting messed up. Still not used to it.

Either way, I still like how it's shaping up.
    I'm guessing it'd be UNO and one of the Colorado teams rather than BSU and Wisco, though we can always hope. From what I remember, UNO traveled relatively well in the CCHA, so it shouldn't be too different here.

And huskyfan: not counting them in or out. Way too early to see what Mel has cooking.
    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      I'm happy with the first half of the season. better than expected.

shhhh. don't say "h--- ice"
      Home ice home ice home ice home ice!

What is something that Tech will not have this year?

/Jeopardy
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Home ice home ice home ice home ice!

What is something that Tech will not have this year?

/Jeopardy
        you you you ... don't you have a thread to go delete or something?
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

you you you ... don't you have a thread to go delete or something?
          Threads to delete, checks to write, forklifts to jockey... a day in the life of Brenthoven.

I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
            I'm guessing it'd be UNO and one of the Colorado teams rather than BSU and Wisco, though we can always hope. From what I remember, UNO traveled relatively well in the CCHA, so it shouldn't be too different here.

And huskyfan: not counting them in or out. Way too early to see what Mel has cooking.
            Maybe if you're nice, I'll have you over for dinner sometime.

(when the mister finally gets here... and we have a place to live...)
            I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Threads to delete, checks to write, forklifts to jockey... a day in the life of Brenthoven.
              Don't forget pleasing local bartenders and being a general arsehole. Although someday I strive to be a sonuvabeech.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                Maybe if you're nice, I'll have you over for dinner sometime.

(when the mister finally gets here... and we have a place to live...)
                Both would be helpful.

But sure, you guys bring the food and I'll bring the beer. (Or the other way around.)

Don't forget pleasing local bartenders and being a general arsehole. Although someday I strive to be a sonuvabeech.
                That hinges more on your mother's behavior than yours.

Comment

Both would be helpful.

But sure, you guys bring the food and I'll bring the beer. (Or the other way around.)

That hinges more on your mother's behavior than yours.
                  True. Hey wait.......

Comment

I would love to see UNO make the Final Five. I wonder how many fans they would bring
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                      I would love to see UNO make the Final Five. I wonder how many fans they would bring
                      i'm thinkin they will have a tough time what with hudson gone and running three lines.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        i'm thinkin they will have a tough time what with hudson gone and running three lines.
                        Agreed. Especially true if they play BSU again in the playoffs
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                          all 12 of them would need a "Hockey for Dummies"
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

all 12 of them would need a "Hockey for Dummies"
                            12? so you're saying that they'd have 3x as many fans as Denver and CC combined? That's pretty good!
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'm not counting Tech in just yet, but I'm definitely not counting us out.
                              So you're not counting us in or out, but at least were being counted in some way. That is progress.
                              :-)

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              I think 9-9-1 is better than most expected - it's not like BC has been completely unbeatable either.
                              Best logic I can offer is that DU went out to BC and beat them 4-2 in their barn just a few days before we took 3 points from DU. And I can't see there being too many BC fans at the GLI. Maybe some of the CCHA fans will even get on the Tech bandwagon just to spite BC.

I have not looked at any of the rosters, but any word on how the WJ tourney will impact the other three teams at the Joe?

Ryan J
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                                So you're not counting us in or out, but at least were being counted in some way. That is progress.
                                :-)

Best logic I can offer is that DU went out to BC and beat them 4-2 in their barn just a few days before we took 3 points from DU. And I can't see there being too many BC fans at the GLI. Maybe some of the CCHA fans will even get on the Tech bandwagon just to spite BC.

I have not looked at any of the rosters, but any word on how the WJ tourney will impact the other three teams at the Joe?

Ryan J
                                Michigan:
                                Jon Merrill (suspended so far so not a loss for Michigan)

Boston College:
                                Bill Arnold (Soph. 2nd on the team with 11 goals and 9 assists)
                                John Gaudreau (Frosh. 7th on the team with 7 goals and 7 assists)

Michigan State:
                                None

Michigan Tech:
                                WJC relate? none, but MTU should have Chad Pietila on the roster now and Tommy Brown should be back.
                                EDIT: Fillion will not be joining the team until after the GLI.
                                Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 12-19-2011, 04:03 PM.
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X