Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
    Looks like the return of the Pistons has bumped coverage of the GLI Championship game to a webcast on foxsportsdetroit.com.
    Wonderful. Fcuk the NBA.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Also, there are 17 games remaining. If they're serious about a strong second half, it has to start with a good performance at the GLI.

Comment

From @DetroitRedWings Twitter feed:
        TICKET DEAL: $5 and $10 tickets to either day of the GLI featuring U of M, M Tech, MSU and BC. To Order: detroitredwings.com/socialsaturday Password: gli
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

**** this rink at shattuck is cold
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

As mentioned earlier, Marquette is shorthanded, only 1 goalie dressed and 16 skaters.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

BB this is for you. I know you love taco bell and this is the song in the background in the latest ad's. the part that everyone recognizes is at 2 30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngMQidtF0iY
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

sorry for the double post. Ncaa.com ran this article on friday.
                http://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-m...ilding-program

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  BB this is for you. I know you love taco bell and this is the song in the background in the latest ad's. the part that everyone recognizes is at 2 30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngMQidtF0iY
                  What the hell was that bull****?

This is where its at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve8sNTqrzCw&ob=av2e

My favorite part is when Brantley beats the **** out of the queerbait with a popped collar.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

So, looking back on the first half, I think 9-9-1 is better than most expected - especially the media. Would've liked to beat Northern and stay above .500, but there's another tilt with them in Houghton a few weeks from now. Plus, it should give us some urgency in Detroit next week.

If it weren't for BC, I'd say this is our best chance to sneak in a GLI title in years, and it's not like BC has been completely unbeatable either. MSU's record isn't much better than ours (a bounce here, a bounce there, etc.), and Michigan continues to try and find themselves after coming so close back April and losing a number of key players. For now, Tech just has to concentrate on State. Make the title game, play well as a team, and anything can happen.

Comment

ok I'll bite.
                      I think Tech has a good chance to have home ice if...
                      I like running four lines, but you have to stay out of the box for it to be effective. So 'i'd say that is a key. Second, I like the goaltending, and third, I think they are getting better incrementally. So I am optimistic. I could go on and on but most importantly they have to be mentally ready and that is something that is not a habit. It would be great to be close enough that a couple of wins at final five time gets us some consideration, but we have to start winning some games against TUC's.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        ok I'll bite.
                        I think Tech has a good chance to have home ice if...
                        I like running four lines, but you have to stay out of the box for it to be effective. So 'i'd say that is a key. Second, I like the goaltending, and third, I think they are getting better incrementally. So I am optimistic. I could go on and on but most importantly they have to be mentally ready and that is something that is not a habit. It would be great to be close enough that a couple of wins at final five time gets us some consideration, but we have to start winning some games against TUC's.
                        Given the fanbases, we could almost have a perfect F5 this year: MN, tUMD, UND, MTU, (variable). WI won't make it, most likely.

I like this scenario so far.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Given the fanbases, we could almost have a perfect F5 this year: MN, tUMD, UND, MTU, (variable). WI won't make it, most likely.

Psst: You're still forgetting the 6th team.

I'm not counting Tech in just yet, but I'm definitely not counting us out.
                          Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                          I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                          Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

I'd love to see those 4 plus BSU and UW...not likely but I could see 5 of them making it. Depends on seeding obviously...

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              I'd love to see those 4 plus BSU and UW...not likely but I could see 5 of them making it. Depends on seeding obviously...
                              Yeah BSU would be cool.

And BPH, forgot about the new format. Ugh, stupid tradition getting messed up. Still not used to it.

Either way, I still like how it's shaping up.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I'm happy with the first half of the season. better than expected.

shhhh. don't say "h--- ice"
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X