Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Just thinking out loud here, but does anyone else think that there will be a big battle with the bhhc in a month or two over refs? Or is the Wcha just going to go get the ccha refs and all will be good?
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by geezer View Post
      I feel bad for the Marquette team - I heard they had lost 11 players off their original roster and were advertising for more last week... good for them if they haven't given up yet, but I doubt it'll be pretty to watch them play.
      Ouch, according to the roster online, they're fielding 1 goalie and 16 skaters...and it says they're saying they're accepting players...that's rough, but very nice to see them sticking with it

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        Just thinking out loud here, but does anyone else think that there will be a big battle with the bhhc in a month or two over refs? Or is the Wcha just going to go get the ccha refs and all will be good?
        I think we can let them have Ulwelling based on last weekend and we should fight to keep all the others just in principle.
        Assume at the very least we would lose the linesmen since they are local to given regions.
        It would be nice to have one less thing to worry about for 2013-14... but we can't have nice things.
        Ryan J
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

We'll lose the Colorado based WCHA guys, obviously. I would guess that we would keep the Shepherd boys, unless daddy Shep decides to take a position with one of the new conferences. The Twin Cities based, and Lower Michigan based guys will be a crapshoot. They could go to any of the 3 conferences, but I would guess Ulwelling and Beurline(sp?) stay with WCHA, Anderson goes Big 10, Thul and Hunt to the BHHC. I don't know where other guys are based to know where they'd be going...
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            Here you go: The Final Period
            Excellent article! I appreciate all of the hard work you put into it.
            "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
            Abe Lincoln

Comment

I suspect that the NCHC will want some new faces in the stripes. I'm thinking it's almost a guarantee that the WCHA is stuck with the Shepherds, and probably a few other refs from the current W/CCHA within the reformed conference's footprint.

Comment

In case anybody cares, it looks like Chris Conner may be a Wing for a while.

He should be with the wings until atleast the middle of January when Patrick Eaves comes back from a broken jaw. But if he keeps playing the way he's playing now it's going to be hard to send him back down.
                Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Here's one for Ryan....I remember an old cartoonish looking snarling Husky on an MTU hockey logo for a short period in the late 60s or early 70s. I've never seen this logo in any photo, jersey or other reference in modern times. Does anyone know what years this logo was used? Did it ever appear on a jersey?

Comment

I don't know who is spoofing tweets for Pearson and Muckalt, but they're doing a pretty good job.

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
                      In case anybody cares, it looks like Chris Conner may be a Wing for a while.

He should be with the wings until atleast the middle of January when Patrick Eaves comes back from a broken jaw. But if he keeps playing the way he's playing now it's going to be hard to send him back down.
                      Conner was placed on IR. I blame myself.
                      Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                      *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
                        Conner was placed on IR. I blame myself.
                        Say it together now. Loud and proud!

"MICHIGAN TECH CANNOT HAVE NICE THINGS!"

Comment

I'm in favor of anything that has the potential to hurt the Red Wings.

In other news, John Scott looked terrible last night. I only noticed him on the ice three times, but I saw him **** up and give up a goal, horribly miss a pass, and fail to hold the zone while under no pressure.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            I'm in favor of anything that has the potential to hurt the Red Wings.

In other news, John Scott looked terrible last night. I only noticed him on the ice three times, but I saw him **** up and give up a goal, horribly miss a pass, and fail to hold the zone while under no pressure.
                            I hope you're not talking about the blown icing goal? That really wasn't his fault.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              I hope you're not talking about the blown icing goal? That really wasn't his fault.
                              No, not that. There was one where he got the puck at the blue line, should have had control of it, and bobbled it out of the zone.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                No, not that. There was one where he got the puck at the blue line, should have had control of it, and bobbled it out of the zone.
                                ok, I fell asleep before that one I think...
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X