Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by melmac View Post
    Just making sure. Remember, I'm one of the good ones.
    I'm not necessarily a good one, but I try.

See you guys in St Paul in March, I hope....
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I'm not necessarily a good one, but I try.

See you guys in St Paul in March, I hope....
      I want Green Bay in March, that means tourney time
      Originally posted by Twitch Boy
      Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post
        I want Green Bay in March, that means tourney time
        Yeah, but I ain't going to GB.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          This game with nmu on friday will be big for us.
          Also I think other teams to do what minny did tonight. Press hard on the forecheck, try to force turnovers, play very physical.I thought the special teams were a step better this week than last and that is really good, though we took too many penalties.
          I want 10 Wins before the GLI.....makes the rest of the year gravy as far as my prediction goes. So must win game, although it is anyway for our PWR.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
            I want 10 Wins before the GLI.....makes the rest of the year gravy as far as my prediction goes. So must win game, although it is anyway for our PWR.
            10 before, 2 at.
            Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
            I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
            Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
              10 before, 2 at.
              You never f* a 10 at 2, because she's a 2 at 10!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                You never f* a 10 at 2, because she's a 2 at 10!
                But wouldn't a 10 at 10 also be a 10 at 2? Isn't anything at 2 just a crapshoot?
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  But wouldn't a 10 at 10 also be a 10 at 2? Isn't anything at 2 just a crapshoot?
                  A 10 at 10 would be a 35 at 2 Of course, a 10 at 10 at the DT would be a 5 at 10 at Sally's
                  Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                  I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                  Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Notes from the Mel Pearson show for those that haven't been able to listen:

Very pleased with Friday's game, learned how to stay in a tight game and come out with a win
                    Saturday, little disapointed in how we played, right away
                    Called TO early to settle things down, played better, 3rd goal was the killer, didn't seem to have the energy Sat night
                    Overall pleased with split on the road
                    Both goaltender played very well
                    Blake Pietila stepped up his game on Friday night
                    Sova has improved his skating, buying into system, helps for how he plays
                    We need to do a better job of blocking shots
                    On Friday before OT told guys to keep playing hard/agressive and get the puck to the net
                    Went with Olson/Baker/Furne to start OT
                    Great effort by Olson, he got a step on Helgeson, good quick shot
                    Thought we had a better PK on Saturday, but gave up 2 PP goals, held them 0-4 on Fri

Things got heated Saturday
                    Mel called Lucia last night, both understand that's now how we play, both teams like aggresive hockey, unfortunate that's all people will talk about
                    There was 5 and a half periods of great hockey
                    They talked a little about trying to continue playing somewhere down the road, Mel hope's it's something like every 2 or 4 years

Have to continue to improve in faceoffs, centers are doing a nice job it's more than just centers for winning faceoffs

Questions:
                    1) Anymroe recruiting for next year. Absolutely, continuing to look at players to imrpove hockey teams for next fall and future. 3 players on campus this week.

2) Ambrose penalty - was 2 minors, both on clock and announced, how did it change to a single 2 min.
                    Mel called refs over, ref said no, decided only unsportsman like and not elbowing, no explanation. Mel thought it could've ben 5 for contact to head, Stebner got stiches.
                    Minn obviously was told to play a more physical game. We hung in there, much more physical than Friday.

3) Conner got a goal with the red wings, chances of staying in NHL? Chris can make things happen, not sure about Red Wings situation, but Chris can play a role and hopefully coaches see how valuable he is.

4) What was the background of Muckalt/Lucia/Potulny situation? A lot of talk going on on the ice. Gophs were scoring and talkign more, Mel thinks maybe some coaches said someting to our players.
                    Coaches can talk amongst each otehr, same with players, but there shouldn't be coaches talkign to opposing players. Mel's not completely sure, but from talking Billy that's what he understand. Billy is very competative and cares about the players and program.

5) Tommy Brown's progress? Want Tommy to get stronger and put more weight on. Tommy thinks he's ready, these games are big and Tommy has to get up to speed. We're in no rush, he should be over ready so he can make a difference when he joins team, week to week.

On NMU:
                    They've been a little inconsitent, but a good team, they'll give us a battle
                    NMU very tough at home, tough place to play
                    Michigan had a lot of succes going into Northern
                    Nice that we just played on an olympic ice sheet and have some experience for Friday
                    Should be a very good game, have a chance to go into break a couple games over .500 and good position in the WCHA to make a 2nd half run

Team toured the MN Wild's Xcel Energy Center on Saturday, took them down unanounced, wanted to send a message we want to get back there in March for Final 5, start thinking about it now
                    We have a chance to get back there if we continue to improve, very good meeting and tour

Any questions for Mel, email DJ@themix93.com anytime during the week

Comment

Thanks for posting mtu_huskies! Always appreciated!
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                        Thanks for posting mtu_huskies! Always appreciated!
                        I'll be listening to tDon's show tonight at 7. Interested in hearing about the series from his point of view. I can post those comments for SnGs.

Comment

Pheonix Copley's numbers continue to improve. He's up to a .911 SV%, and down to 2.90 GAA. He's also third in the league in total saves made, despite playing 1-4 fewer games than all but one other goalie who has hit the 400+ mark.

Comment

Occupy USCHO! The 1% took away our ****show series thread.
                            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                              Occupy USCHO! The 1% took away our ****show series thread.
                              Brent is hardly the 1%
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                Brent is hardly the 1%
                                Why you gotta drink my Kool-Aid?

Comment

Working...
                                X