Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post

Eh, whatever. I've attended my last game in St Cloud.
    Ryan J
    you've actually left the Mitten State to see a game?!
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

well this was interesting.
      http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/135401688.html

also notice that lucia did not go out for the handshake and the total penalty minutes were only slightly skewed.
      You could see the stuff falling on the bench on tv, but at least some of it was after. Whatever cheap shots there were ended up being even distributed.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        That part of the weekend that makes me most proud was not actually Fridays's win, but rather the moment at the end of the game when Pearson told the Tech players to go out to center ice and set up the hand shake line inspite of the refs telling both teams to get off the ice and go straight to the locker rooms. Those type of things make me proud to be a fan of the Huskies and a Tech grad.

Go Tech,
        Ryan J
        Re: Handshake. MNS and I were applauding the refs when they (at first) said "no handshake." We expected another Finley Incident, frankly. However, after reading on the board here about how it went down (it was rather confusing at the game what the hell was going on those last few minutes), hats off to Mel. I hope to see some of you Tech fans in CO Springs in March, otherwise, when MN visits Tech next year....it's on!
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Hey, geezer... Since it's less crowded and *itchy over here than in the series thread; I hope you didn't misunderstand me. I think you were just talking about the fanbase in general. I love this series; it's my favorite. And, in case it read differently than I intended it to, I wasn't trying to imply that Tech was a cupcake. I do want them to do well. They're fun to watch. I knew they'd be tough this weekend. They played much better than Minnesota for much of the series.

Yeah, I'll pop off and be a homer Gopher fan but, that's all in good fun.

Good luck the rest of the way!!
          I was told there would be no math...

Comment

From the replay, if the hit by Parenteau that started things happened in todays NHL, he would be suspended for either a blindside hit to the head or targeting the head, either or; so sticking up for your teamate after that is completely justified in my opinion and probably why Muckalt was worked up.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
              From the replay, if the hit by Parenteau that started things happened in todays NHL, he would be suspended for either a blindside hit to the head or targeting the head, either or; so sticking up for your teamate after that is completely justified in my opinion and probably why Muckalt was worked up.
              Parenteau didn't play last night.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Parenteau didn't play last night.
                sorry; wrong game. eerily similar to last night apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                  Hey, geezer... Since it's less crowded and *itchy over here than in the series thread; I hope you didn't misunderstand me. I think you were just talking about the fanbase in general. I love this series; it's my favorite. And, in case it read differently than I intended it to, I wasn't trying to imply that Tech was a cupcake. I do want them to do well. They're fun to watch. I knew they'd be tough this weekend. They played much better than Minnesota for much of the series.

This.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Who's making "Our Assistant Coach can beat up your Assistant Coach" t-shirts?
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The guys at fox sports Detroit must have changed. Tech's saturday game vs the gophers was on tv today around noon as a repeat. This is awesome. Now if we can get the GLI on for both nights.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post

hey mel - never worry about me misunderstanding. I was being a dik over there just for the sake of argument, and purposely trying to be misunderstood myself. I don't blame fans from either side for getting PO'd at the end of that game; and I appreciate the passion that leads to insults. The truth is that I don't really care a lot, and didn't actually see the game but I like the chatter.
                        I lived down there for 3 years, married a Plymouth girl, and have an appreciation for rabid gopher fans and know quite a few. I also enjoy aggravating the more arrogant ones, much like our own U of M fans.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          The guys at fox sports Detroit must have changed. Tech's saturday game vs the gophers was on tv today around noon as a repeat. This is awesome. Now if we can get the GLI on for both nights.
                          Tech will win the GLI this year. I'm fired up.
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            I was wondering what changed, I don't think that was done in years past.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                              you've actually left the Mitten State to see a game?!
                              We're not allowed to call WI a mitten, MI trademarked it already. I'm actually trying to do more road games this season and next since it will likely be the last time Tech visits many of these rinks for a long time. I actually got the tough one out of the way (AK) many years ago but now will have to venture back to hit Fairbanks. Duluth, St Cloud and Madison used to be regular stops, but that will be changing now. It sounds like UMD may remain on the schedule however. I'm hoping to make it to UND and CC this season and maybe get UNO next season.

Time and money will tell...
                              Ryan J
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                                hey mel - never worry about me misunderstanding. I was being a dik over there just for the sake of argument, and purposely trying to be misunderstood myself. I don't blame fans from either side for getting PO'd at the end of that game; and I appreciate the passion that leads to insults. The truth is that I don't really care a lot, and didn't actually see the game but I like the chatter.
                                I lived down there for 3 years, married a Plymouth girl, and have an appreciation for rabid gopher fans and know quite a few. I also enjoy aggravating the more arrogant ones, much like our own U of M fans.
                                Just making sure. Remember, I'm one of the good ones.
                                I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Working...
                                X