Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Everyone say it with me!
    We can not have nice things... And sometimes our guys are not nice either.

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    You do see him leave his feet and hit him in the head, right?
    If you skate with your head down, you become the most likely person to get hit. But yes, he leaves his feet after he makes contact with the other player, no denying that fact.

If this ends up being multiple games when the refs only gave him a minor, then it is nothing more than past history over riding the actual play on the ice. How can the league justify a suspension of multiplie games when two refs on the ice don't even assess a major penalty?

Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Go Huskies!
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post

If this ends up being multiple games when the refs only gave him a minor, then it is nothing more than past history over riding the actual play on the ice. How can the league justify a suspension of multiplie games when two refs on the ice don't even assess a major penalty?

Ryan J
        I have personally never seen a ref make a wrong call.
        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
          Stephen Anderson's article in the Gazette today had likely/possible lines for tonight and Mel wouldn't name a goalie.
          Ryan Furne, Brett Olson and Jordan Baker will re-unite, while Blake Pietila will join Tanner Kero and Milos Gordic. Brothers Jacob and David Johnstone will be linemates with Alex MacLeod and tonight's fourth line will be Bryce Reddick, Patrick McCadden and Dennis Rix.

Defensively, the only likely change is putting Jimmy Davis back in for Nick Cecere - the two freshman have been on a fairly regular rotation. Tommy Brown has been healthy since last week, but he is still not in game shape yet and is not making the trip.
          I like the new Kero line. The one change I'd make is I'd put Olson with the two Johnstones and MacLeod with Baker and Furne.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
            Any body interested in helping run THG Live this weekend please send me an email. We will need assistance as many of the people who usually run it are in attendance this weekend or are graduating.

Shirtless will be running score updates. All that is needed from the volunteer is to log in with the email I send you. And approve users for unmoderated chatting. And update the scoreboard part.
            If you can't find anyone, I can jump in and just approve people. I'm still in class right now and won't be able to actually moderate it in anyway.
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post

Ryan J
              While I don't like seeing a Tech alum get suspended, I believe this deserved a suspension. There was another suspension recently on another player (drawing a blank right now) with no previous record and was given no penalty at all during the game. And that was I believe a 3 or 4 game suspension.

Sutton was suspended for 5 games earlier this season for an elbow to an Avalanche rookie...

Personally, I can see and agree with the reasoning for the suspension.

Comment

Very fun, it's been awhile since a Friday night win!!

I'm sure Tech Hockey Guide will post the Mix93 interview, but here are Mel's postgame thoughts:
                Good win for the program, bday gift for dirk
                Nice to go on the road and get a big win for our program
                4th line was good
                Robinson's best game of the year, stopped a breakaway
                PK was excellent, Robinson with some real good saves, blocked some shots, battled
                UM hasn't lost a league game at home, tough to play here, huge Win here
                Lines changed a little due to penalties, mostly stayed with original lines
                Jimmy Davis out of MI HS hockey, Jimmy did a lot of nice things, still learning/growing and will get better, solid game
                Told the team, not surprised, they're good D1 hockey players, need to believe in themselves, need to play hard every night
                Game winning goal: good play, transitioned in neutral zone, Brett had a step on Dman, not sure what patterson was doing, good quick shot by Brett
                Not here to put on a show, here to win a hockey game, need to check, good goaltending, take advantage of chances
                Blake P. stepped up his game, as a freshman, need consistency and he's getting better
                D. Johnstone also had a heck of a game

Brett Olson was on FSN postgame:
                OT goal, good backcheck, got a bounce and Brett made the play
                Brett didn't want the puck to get poked away, ended up getting the shot off
                This is a big win for us, on the edge of mediocrity lately, want to take the next step
                We thought we had to play a solid 60 mins

Comment

Three Stars:

3. Ben Marshall (Gophers)
                  2. Josh Robinson
                  1. Brett Olson (also Superior Player of the Game)

I figured Pietila would be in the line, but hey... we won, so I don't mind
                  Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                  I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                  Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Great win. Hope they come out and give us as good an effort tomorrow.

Comment

Anybody available to run THG Live tomorrow?
                      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

life is good!
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                          Anybody available to run THG Live tomorrow?
                          Depends on where I end up... and if that place has wifi....

Comment

yet another reason to hate the NaCHos and St Cloud:

http://www.sctimes.com/article/20111...ockey-shake-up
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                              yet another reason to hate the NaCHos and St Cloud:

http://www.sctimes.com/article/20111...ockey-shake-up

*****http://cdn.crackberry.com/files/kevin/hatersgonnahate.jpg******

Comment

I haven't cared all that much since August. Let the NCHC teams do what they want, and the results will speak for themselves, because they will have bottomfeeders too. The UP teams can focus on renewing/building their rivalries, and I'm sure "like-minded " Bemidji will be in that mix too.

Comment

Working...
                                X