Ohio State vs Minnesota-Duluth 11/25 - 11/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State vs Minnesota-Duluth 11/25 - 11/26

Let's get some discussion going on this big series. Ohio State currently sets in 4th place in the WCHA standings with 17 points. UMD is in 6th with 8 points. I'll be the first to admit the standings might be a bit deceiving at this point in the season as Ohio State's 17 points have come from sweeps of SCSU, MSU, and five points from Bemidji. We were swept at UND and at home vs Wisconsin. This is a great opportunity for OSU to show that they can be one of the top teams in the league. UMD needs points, so they will certainly come in hungry, and I am sure they are a better team than what their record shows at this point. Our team will need to bring their A games both nights this weekend to be successful. Bulldog fans, what do you expect out of this series?

Re: Ohio State vs Minnesota-Duluth 11/25 - 11/26

The Beavers can do! So can the Buckeyes!

GO BUCKEYES!
    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

It will be interesting, Brook. UMD is UMD, despite their record. Irwin and Wong concern me. I think we can split. If we were to sweep, I would be thrilled. We do have the fire power to stick with anyone, as we have shown this season. If we can get some good play out of our defenders, I like our chances to be successful. I know the performance vs UND is hurting us in the polls, but I really believe that series was an aberration. I think UND is pretty good, but I do not believe for one second that we are as bad as we showed in that series. I have really been encouraged with the job Coach Handrahan and his staff are doing with this team. I am looking forward to the rest of the season to see how things end up.

Comment

no game for the men tonight so I'll be there to check things out. Have yet to see the women play this season.

Comment

Sounds good, Draighlicht! Hey, if you have been to women's games in recent years, you may not quite recognize this team. They skate faster, they challenge every puck, and the puck handling/passing is crisper. Coach Handrahan and his staff have done a great job with this team. And I would be remiss if I didn't say we do have quite a bit of talent. The cupboard certainly was not left bare for the new coaching staff.

Comment

I'll be sporting my scarlet hockey sweater and Mrs 86 will be wearing her gray hockey sweater. I think they are calling for folks to wear black tonight in honor of 'black Friday' but we don't really own any black OSU stuff.

Comment

Can't help but wonder who will be First Star tonight!

Way to go Buckeyes!
              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

While Spooner did do all the finishing for the buckeyes tonight.. give the TEAM some credit.... they just flat out out hustled the Bulldogs tonight. My favorite goal however, the one Spoon split the D to skate in and roof one. She has been SO much fun to watch!
                I like the confidence I'm starting to see with this team!

Comment

Originally posted by wmnshkyfan View Post
                  While Spooner did do all the finishing for the buckeyes tonight.. give the TEAM some credit.... they just flat out out hustled the Bulldogs tonight. My favorite goal however, the one Spoon split the D to skate in and roof one. She has been SO much fun to watch!
                  I like the confidence I'm starting to see with this team!
                  Yup, it was a total team effort. But you're right about Spooner's first goal. They don't get much more "in your face" than that one. She smoked everyone. The Bulldogs had no answers. To me it looked like the Buckeyes had a plan and came to play. The Dogs looked surprised at everything Ohio State did and spent the night slapping the puck around. It's tough to watch for a Bulldogs fan being as spoiled as we are, but congrats to Ohio State. They wanted it and they got it.

Comment

Originally posted by JosephPSchmoe View Post
                    Yup, it was a total team effort. But you're right about Spooner's first goal. They don't get much more "in your face" than that one. She smoked everyone. The Bulldogs had no answers. To me it looked like the Buckeyes had a plan and came to play. The Dogs looked surprised at everything Ohio State did and spent the night slapping the puck around. It's tough to watch for a Bulldogs fan being as spoiled as we are, but congrats to Ohio State. They wanted it and they got it.
                    I could get very used to actually "having a plan" i really haven't felt like this is something the Buckeyes have focused on in the past. This coach.. has a plan! and if it isn't working.. he changes it up!

Comment

Originally posted by JosephPSchmoe View Post
                      You're not alone, Mr. Schmoe, and thank you for the kind words about our team! I think a lot of teams will be surprised at what this Ohio State team does this season. You still have tomorrow to get a split. Darned if I didn't take my CTV Olympic DVD for Haley Irwin to sign, but I just didn't have the heart to ask. Didn't think she would be in the mood after tonight's result. Maybe some other time. Natalie Spooner was in beastmode tonight. Actually, she has been in beastmode quite a bit in her career at tOSU. We will sure miss her and the other seniors after this season. Hopefully Coach Nate will continue to bring in talented kids like that and keep the ball rolling. I also have hope this gets us some respect in the polls.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                        You're not alone, Mr. Schmoe, and thank you for the kind words about our team! I think a lot of teams will be surprised at what this Ohio State team does this season. You still have tomorrow to get a split. Darned if I didn't take my CTV Olympic DVD for Haley Irwin to sign, but I just didn't have the heart to ask. Didn't think she would be in the mood after tonight's result. Maybe some other time. Natalie Spooner was in beastmode tonight. Actually, she has been in beastmode quite a bit in her career at tOSU. We will sure miss her and the other seniors after this season. Hopefully Coach Nate will continue to bring in talented kids like that and keep the ball rolling. I also have hope this gets us some respect in the polls.
                        Yes.... the Spoon surely rocked tonight Agent86. Watched her prepare over the summer: she will do what she is capable of eventually. Can control a game like no other. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
                          Watched her prepare over the summer: she will do what she is capable of eventually. Can control a game like no other. Congrats.
                          Reminds me of a quote:

"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare". Juma Ikangaa, just after winning the NYC Marathon, after finishing second three times in Boston and fizzling to seventh at the Seoul Olympics after coming in as one of the favorites, and being in the lead at 20 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
                            Yes.... the Spoon surely rocked tonight Agent86. Watched her prepare over the summer: she will do what she is capable of eventually. Can control a game like no other. Congrats.
                            Hey CanHockGuy! Natalie definitely rocks! She is just amazing! I will miss seeing her in Scarlet & Gray next season, but I have hope she ends up playing in the CWHL so that maybe Mrs 86 and I can make some more of those road trips to the GTA and see her continuing her playing career. I will be shocked if she is not playing for Team Canada at Sochi in 2014. She is such a gifted player. It's been a thrill to have her playing for our Buckeyes. She can definitely take over games. I have seen her do that so many times!

Comment

The Unofficial 3 Stars for the Friday game is now posted on the WCHA thread. Post #573.
                              Last edited by pgb-ohio; 11-27-2011, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X