The State of Penn State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The State of Penn State

I'm totally down with the discussion. Awarness of this vile disease is the key.

Out of respect for the Penn State Women's Hockey Program however I would submit a seperate discussion thread might be prudent.

Google Ray Gricar and have at it....
    Last edited by 5 4 Fighting; 11-14-2011, 08:26 PM. Reason: spell chick

Re: The State of Penn State

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post

Out of respect for the Penn State Women's Hockey Program however I would submit a seperate discussion thread might be prudent.

There is no question that there is a cover-up involved. If you put any credence in circumstantial evidence and are a "grassy knoll" kinda guy, this cover-up may be a deep one. Is this the next Harlan Coben novel? Yikes!!
    ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

I can't see how it will make any difference starting a new thread. After all, this is a women's hockey forum, and Penn State is in the title. Maybe we shouldn't talk about it at all then. If it makes you happy 5-4, then I guess I'm game.

Comment

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
        I can't see how it will make any difference starting a new thread. After all, this is a women's hockey forum, and Penn State is in the title. Maybe we shouldn't talk about it at all then. If it makes you happy 5-4, then I guess I'm game.
        Well ...what the hey does any of that have to do with Women's Hockey or Penn States impact on it? You go ahead and post where you think it's more relevant.

Do you live in a single wide or double wide trailer?

Comment

Well ...what the hey does any of that have to do with Women's Hockey or Penn States impact on it? You go ahead and post where you think it's more relevant.

Double...twice the width of yours. You're starting to sound like Brokey.

Comment

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
            Double...twice the width of yours. You're starting to sound like Brokey.
            So are you. Conveniently disregarding the first question....

Comment

So are you. Conveniently disregarding the first question....
              I already did, you just didn't catch it; or maybe you did. Ok, like I said, I'm game. You said my post had no relevance. I say it does. Why the trailer comment; what got your back up?

Comment

I'm totally down with the discussion. Awarness of this vile disease is the key.Out of respect for the Penn State Women's Hockey Program however I would submit a seperate discussion thread might be prudent.Google Ray Gricar and have at it....
                I hate to think conspiracy they typically are to hard to keep quiet, but when I heard this it seemed too odd. Coincidences do happen and happen more often then one thinks.

Then to hear that one of the early reporters of this Sandusky issue was initially ignored and later he makes public remarks on a radio broadcast that it is bigger then just one coach and boys were pimped out to donors it does make one shudder.

Life is stranger then fiction and unfortunately there is probably a little truth in all of this.

Comment

Googled it, and reading the last two paragraphs in this article is sickening.
                  http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...8_sandusk.html
                  Last edited by OnMAA; 11-14-2011, 10:07 PM.

Comment

What I can't understand is how a guy with numerous counts of child rape against him is given a $100K UNSECURED BOND? No ankle bracelet or house arrest required? This guy lives across the street from an elementry school and nobody knows where he is.
                    Last edited by 5 4 Fighting; 11-14-2011, 10:22 PM. Reason: spell chick

Comment

Obviously Sandusky can expose a lot of people here. A cover up that has lasted this long could involve an incredible amount of people. The police are the tip of the iceberg. We may never know the truth; too much at stake unfortunately.

Comment

Here's what it has to do with the women's hockey program.......there is a culture, yes "culture" at Penn State. You have to be one to fully understand it's depths and reach. But all the people involved were borne and bred Penn Staters, LOYAL to a fault, even to the detriment of young children. No way one of them would ever speak out or do "the right thing" which is what Penn State wants. Tim Curley grew up At Penn St, played football there, was an asst coach there, then rose to asst ad and then AD. No way he would ever think to do anything disparaging to Penn St. It's not the Penn St way.

Fast forward to hockey......Penn State is a desirable location for a coach, 18 scholarships, big donor building facilities that will be rivaled by no one SO who does Penn State women's hockey hire as its first head coach? An experienced D 1 coach? A US Olympian (I am told a big name was interviewed)? A Female who has played college hockey? NO!!!!! Of course not! They hire a Penn St grad (former club hockey plyer at PennSt) who has never coached women at a high-level, who no one has ever heard of, but he has one very very important characteristic ----- Penn state grad who understands loyalty because he understands the "Penn St way". Watch the videos from when he was hired. Very very scary now with everything coming out!! Nepotism anyone? This is the exact reason why politicians aren't allowed to hire family members. Someone should take a serious look at the hiring practices at Penn State!!
                        Last edited by live4hockey; 11-15-2011, 12:47 AM.

Comment

I heard yesterday that the judge that granted the 100 000 bail was on sandusky's charity BOD. PSU should be ashamed of this whole affair and should they play a bowl game, they should donate every cent to a childrens charity. But we all know that won't happen. I also have a hard time beleiving that the guy(Dailey?) that coached last weekend knew nothing. Clean house

Comment

Originally posted by live4hockey View Post
                            Penn State is a desirable location for a coach, 18 scholarships, big donor building facilities that will be rivaled by no one...
                            Not to pick nits, but the rinks (they get a practice rink, too) aren't going to be anything special judging by the designs I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by JosephPSchmoe View Post
                              Not to pick nits, but the rinks (they get a practice rink, too) aren't going to be anything special judging by the designs I've seen.
                              I think if they are dropping that much cash the arena will be pretty good. Don't forget, the "design" shown is just a rendering, in section, and will likely look a lot different when finished. Notre Dame's didn't "look' like much when they showed the first renderings and that turned out pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                              X