X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread Part Deux

Thoughts?

We're teammates involved? I believe I read on these links that Parker said trivino was alone... Did somebody (bodies) lie?
    Or do we have disillusioned players bolting to minor league teams? (chiasson/etc?)
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Thoughts?

We're teammates involved? I believe I read on these links that Parker said trivino was alone... Did somebody (bodies) lie?
      Or do we have disillusioned players bolting to minor league teams? (chiasson/etc?)
      Would be difficult to see Coyle being there with Trivino, as far as I know, upperclassmen are the only hockey players that live in StuVi. He could've been with the other guys I suppose, but if someone else were involved, I'd have to think it was another upperclassman.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        more trouble in paradise?? Hey, they do come in 3's... Lets hope not
        Can it really be trouble in "paradise"? you've been paying attention as we all know far too well.
        Boston University 2009 Champs
        Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

That's a random high school student, the next story he breaks would be his first. Also the next 5 consecutive tweets he has without a factual or spelling error would be his first.

Comment

I don't get Coyle leaving? He is going to go play wjc of course... But after that? Wild don't appear to need him now.. So why mess with anything?
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Are some misinterpreting an apparent breaking story in the world of soccer about a team owner named Coyle?

For now, I'll cautiously believe the story reported on @boshockeyblog instead.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Boston Hockey Blog is reporting it as a false rumor. However, "as of right now" that they used doesn't exactly put me completely at ease either.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                  only point was it is becoming clear they were 100%+ aware of the fact he had an ADA protected disability and did not require treatment as a condition of participation
                  Minor point of clarification - active drug or alcohol abuse is not protected under the ADA. If he had entered treatment he likely would have been considered a protected person at that point. But unless he has other issues besides the drinking, he doesn't appear to meet most ADA protections at the moment by virtue of the fact he is still actively drinking.
                  Last edited by Lynah Rink Rat; 12-15-2011, 01:04 PM.
                  One of the select few who love Cornell and BU.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                    Boston Hockey Blog is reporting it as a false rumor. However, "as of right now" that they used doesn't exactly put me completely at ease either.
                    A guess, maybe grades aren't final yet but the inevitable is approaching?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                      If flirting with the players constitutes reporting. Puts a whole new meaning to finger on the pulse!
                      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                        A guess, maybe grades aren't final yet but the inevitable is approaching?
                        Final exam period only barely began, either today or yesterday, so it's hard to see how anyone's final grades could be computed in any meaningful way right now. And he's not a COM student, so that's the only way it could be remotely possible since many COM classes don't have finals.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                          If flirting with the players constitutes reporting. Puts a whole new meaning to finger on the pulse!
                          I think you'd be hard pressed to find anybody to agree with you there. Boston Hockey Blog is about as professional as they come for student reporting.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad
                            “There is no question in my mind it's an alcohol problem,” Parker said.
                            Disability????? So now doing stupid things is a disability? Oh, that's right...I forgot. The government has to save us from ourselves. Just wondering, if I don't get all my work done at my job can I say it's because I have a disability? A chemical imbalance that doesn't allow me to focus on my job? That way I can do half the work of everyone else and still get paid my full salary, PLUS be paid to go to "concentration rehab."

This country is becoming (becoming?) a joke... Can I get someone to "help" me too?

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              Final exam period only barely began, either today or yesterday, so it's hard to see how anyone's final grades could be computed in any meaningful way right now. And he's not a COM student, so that's the only way it could be remotely possible since many COM classes don't have finals.
                              Or that Coyle has his mind made up

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                                Or that Coyle has his mind made up
                                Could be, I don't even know if academics is what's at issue here.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X