X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread Part Deux

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
    An article with a brief look at how it might play out for BU. It's important to talk about the charges but it's also important to remember that he is always innocent until proven guilty and that the justice system is in place for this reason. We should not jump to conclusions that he is a rapist or anything until he is given his day in court. It is very unbecoming of people to call him otherwise until the evidence is presented to us in a court of law.

To the rink... what does BU do to replace him or at least try to move on?

http://excalibursportspage.com/2011/...-for-terriers/
    Just my opinion, but he's not innocent. That being said, he may not be guilty of all the charges...

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      That just makes me ill.

Is breaking and entering at night that different than breaking and entering in the day time? It seems like an odd way to address that charge.
      It can vary by state, however in Massachusetts breaking into a dwelling house during the nighttime, defined as half-hour before sunset to half-hour before sunrise, with the inent of committing a felony is burglary. The same act with the same intention during the daytime is generally classified as housebreaking. If the structure is not a dwelling house it is generally defined as breaking and entering.
      Lowell Forever
      Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
        It can vary by state, however in Massachusetts breaking into a dwelling house during the nighttime, defined as half-hour before sunset to half-hour before sunrise, with the inent of committing a felony is burglary. The same act with the same intention during the daytime is generally classified as housebreaking. If the structure is not a dwelling house it is generally defined as breaking and entering.
        That is so bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          I will also second the kudos to Parker for handling this swiftly and firmly.....
          Totally agree that this was the honorable thing to do, rather than hide behind the "innocent (and eligible) until proven guilty" excuse. On that note, I can't help but wonder how this would be playing out if Trivino were a football or basketball player at a big-time BCS school.
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
            Totally agree that this was the honorable thing to do, rather than hide behind the "innocent (and eligible) until proven guilty" excuse. On that note, I can't help but wonder how this would be playing out if Trivino were a football or basketball player at a big-time BCS school.
            My guess would be a booster trying to pay off the victim...

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              If this was your daughter and a 21 year old was arrested for, "charged with two counts of breaking and entering in the nighttime and one count of assault with attempt to rape."

Would you say, he is just immature? In her room and not safe? Judges look at this in the same light as home invasion and in Massachusetts it is sacred ground and will not get brushed under the rug. All of this is of course if it is true. Clearly you need to let it sort itself out but any benefit of the doubt would go to the young lady who did nothing wrong.
              This +1
              Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I rarely ever post on here any more. But the first thing I thought when I heard about Trivino was "Man, I gotta jump on USCHO and see what the posters are saying." I was pretty embarrassed to be a Terrier this morning, but it will go away I'm sure.

I'm proud that Coach Parker was swift and decisive in dismissing Trivino, because regardless as to whether he is guilty of certain charges filed, Corey was conducting himself in a way that does not meet the standards of Boston University or Boston University Athletics. I'm hoping that he suffers the consequences of his actions, learns from them, and manages to make good choices from here on out and has a productive life on and off the ice.

I love our fans, our school, our program, and our Coach.

GO BU
                Not changing my sig until we do it again...
                2009 Boston University Terriers

Icebreaker Champions
                Beanpot Champions
                Denver Cup Champions
                Hockey East Regular Season Champions
                Hockey East Tournament Champions
                National Rookie of the Year
                National Coach of the Year
                Hobey Baker Award
                NCAA Division 1 Men's Ice Hockey Champions

...typing the above just made me happier than your hockey team has ever made you.

Comment

I guess I'll say I'm a bit relieved that according to the report it didn't escalate further than it did, and hopefully all Corey did was what is stated, though I'm not sure I can say with any belief that he would not have escalated it further had staff and police not shown up.

Of course, in addition to the victim, I feel terrible for the rest of the team. Just when they're really beginning to mesh well, play together, get some steam, and judging by their faces on the ice Saturday, are really feeling good about themselves and their teammates, this happens. Now they've got to play with this black eye for the rest of their seasons, and possibly their careers. Hopefully, Trivino was the only one involved here. But now they all have to pick up the pieces of the mess he created on the ice and off the ice. They may face being stigmatized as womanizers and (hopefully not) rapists for something their former teammate did. I'd hope they can band together and maybe join up with some kind of local organization and help raise money to fight date rape, or domestic violence, etc. as a way of showing that Trivino's actions are not indicative of the team and the program, and that they don't condone it.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

"one count of assault to rape." Does that mean "attempted rape" or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                      More detailed account from the police report from the Freep if anyone wants to see...

http://dailyfreepress.com/2011/12/13/breaking-corey-trivino-kicked-off-bu-hockey-team-2/
                      Nothing like some words of wisdom from Saponari at the end: “Somtimes life takes turns you cant explain so you turn to friends n family n just have a little faith because things tend to work out #myboy.”

Comment

Another thing to keep in mind regarding the criminal charges is Trivino's level of intoxication. I suspect in Massachusetts the accused's level of intoxication will be considered in determining whether he could have formed the specific intent necessary for some of those crimes. I seem to recall reading a comment about Trivino being "very intoxicated."
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                          Full disclosure: I'm not a lawyer (thankfully) but I do have some insights into the MA criminal code. The rationale for treating breaking and entering in the nighttime as a separate (and more serious) offense is that using the cover of darkness to conceal your actions is regarded as an aggravating circumstance.

The intent is to exact a more severe punishment on those who furtively force their way into a dwelling from the outside under cover of darkness. Based on what I'm reading, Trivino forced his way into the RA's room from a lighted hallway in anything but a furtive manner, so I doubt this charge will hold up. He's still hip-deep in trouble, though.
                          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

How drunk do you have to be to do this?...and to an RA?

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              Another thing to keep in mind regarding the criminal charges is Trivino's level of intoxication. I suspect in Massachusetts the accused's level of intoxication will be considered in determining whether he could have formed the specific intent necessary for some of those crimes. I seem to recall reading a comment about Trivino being "very intoxicated."
                              Huh? Seems pretty clear what his "intent" was. I don't think he can say he accidentally tripped and landed on her lips...

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                                Full disclosure: I'm not a lawyer (thankfully) but I do have some insights into the MA criminal code.
                                Split-N. What makes this case attempted rape and not sexual assault. No matter what the charges are, what Trivino did was wrong and I'm glad the situation ended when it did and I hope the girl is ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X