X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread Part Deux

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
    So...BU has 5 losses...BC has 6...BU has beaten BC 2 of three games this year...and the higher ranked team is ???? I know there's more to it than that and if you put a gun to my head I'll tell you who I think has more talent, BUT...
    the poles are...

BC also didn't lose to Holy Cross.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
      So...BU has 5 losses...BC has 6...BU has beaten BC 2 of three games this year...and the higher ranked team is ???? I know there's more to it than that and if you put a gun to my head I'll tell you who I think has more talent, BUT...
      Yeah, we'd be ranked higher if not for that stretch where we lost to PC, HC, and got blown out by Lowell. Really our ranking is only just starting to recover from that.

I agree we should be higher, but it's early. There's lots of hockey left to play
      #OneKnight

Comment

A loss to Holy Cross and a complete pasting by UML still hang on us no matter what we win. Inconsistency is a bit of a hallmark of our teams in recent years and I think pollsters are remembering that rise to #1 and subsequent collapse.

I don't want this team getting ranked too highly because they'll start skating like they believe they'll win just because they're out there. I want them remembering they got burnt hard by Holy Cross and staying hungry for more recognition.

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
          A loss to Holy Cross and a complete pasting by UML still hang on us no matter what we win. Inconsistency is a bit of a hallmark of our teams in recent years and I think pollsters are remembering that rise to #1 and subsequent collapse.

I don't want this team getting ranked too highly because they'll start skating like they believe they'll win just because they're out there. I want them remembering they got burnt hard by Holy Cross and staying hungry for more recognition.
          Bingo!

This team finally seems to know it needs to work hard EVERY night, I don't want lofty rankings to let them forget that.

Impressive to win road games at BC, BC, UNH, and Maine, all before the break.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

If they get even remotely complacent they could easily start off the second half with three (or more) quick losses. Tough schedule.

Comment

You're beginning to sound like some of the Lowell fans. They think they should be higher than BU because they beat us. No wait....annihilated us. Doesn't matter that we started the season at #2 and they.....didn't. And also, it's Coach Parker's fault. I think we're fine at #9.

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                I really liked Hohmann in that game. All over the ice, skating hard the whole time. I agree, they shouldn't be healthy scratches moving forward if they play like that!
                When BU recruited Hohmann, I found this comment from his Compuware coach:
                “He’s a very dynamic player. He sees the ice well and he’s explosive on his skates. He skates one speed: full-out. He’s a playmaker. A constant threat when he has the puck. He can stickhandle in a phone booth.”
                So far, so good. Good thing BU outdueled BC and Denver to get him.

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                I should have recorded this and would have if they re-aired later that night like they usually do. Surprised Hockey East didn't have highlights up considering it was a televised game, they've been fairly consistent with that so far this season.
                Hockey East didn't receive a highlights file from CBS. I have it on DVR, except for the ENG. Will see what I can do.

Millan is this week's HE Player of the Week and also leads the conference's 3-star award competition.
                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  You're beginning to sound like some of the Lowell fans. They think they should be higher than BU because they beat us. No wait....annihilated us. Doesn't matter that we started the season at #2 and they.....didn't. And also, it's Coach Parker's fault. I think we're fine at #9.
                  WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM!?!?! STOP TALKING ABOUT POLLS!! POLLS ARE MEANINGLESS!!!! STOP JINXING MY TEAM!!!!

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    Bingo!

This team finally seems to know it needs to work hard EVERY night, I don't want lofty rankings to let them forget that.

Impressive to win road games at BC, BC, UNH, and Maine, all before the break.
                    Ah, impressive win at Maine? buwhahahahahaaaaaaaa
                    sure why not

Comment

I was telling a friend of mine who's Maine grad now living in Wisconsin, 'You know, Alfond can be one of those places that is intimidating even when Maine isn't.'

Comment

Originally posted by IcyDan View Post
                        If they get even remotely complacent they could easily start off the second half with three (or more) quick losses. Tough schedule.
                        This worries me as well. They need to be ready from the get-go in the second half as they start off with 3 very tough games (ignoring the exhibition). The start, whether it be good or bad, could really set the tone of the second half/rest of the season.

Comment

Heard we have a little trouble in paradise? A player moving on ....

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            Heard we have a little trouble in paradise? A player moving on ....
                            ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              ?
                              who's playing the paradise tonight?
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I'd also like to know what Hokydad is talking about.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Working...
                                X