X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread Part Deux

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
    I didn't hate the way the team played last night, just the result. They skated well, controlled play for the most part, and had a decent PP. Millan looked tired and the D gave up too many counter attack opportunities, but it happens.

The only horrendous goal was the one scored when Millan gave up that soft rebound.

Hopefully they learn from this and move on. 2/3 ain't bad!
    A great as Millan played on Friday, he was awful in the second period last night. Three of the goals were down to him.

Goaltending decided each game.
    BU got great goaltending from Millan on Friday, BC got mediocre goaltending from Milner. BC clearly outplayed BU, and lost. Millan stole the points.
    BU played much better for the first two periods on Saturday, but got soft goaltending from Millan while BC got solid goaltending from Billett.

In big games, you'd better get a big effort from your goalie.

Millan had been very good from Merrimack through Friday night. If BU plays like it did for the first two periods on Saturday, and Millan is at or near his best, they'll be a very good team.

Comment

Yeah this was a case of exchanging goalies.

I can't but wonder if we shouldn't have played Rollie. Millan had to be exhausted mentally after that marathon game and turning all those shots away.

I'm not too chuffed with the split really, but I'm concerned the guys will take it as a wash as well and think there's nothing to work on. That could lead to getting waxed by a UNH team who probably still feels they owe us a waxing.

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
        I can't but wonder if we shouldn't have played Rollie. Millan had to be exhausted mentally after that marathon game and turning all those shots away.
        Yeah, it's easy to say in hindsight, but can you imagine if Parker had started Rollie Saturday after Millan had such a huge game Friday? If Rollie didn't stand on his head we'd all be calling for Parker's (head, that is).
        #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Rogie - awesome selection of links of GWG celebrations on the blog. Just watched the Drury goal in OT at the regional final over Denver that send the Terriers to Milwaukee.
          I was at that game. My dad and I were astonished with the speed of Shawn Bates. That guy was just flying up and down the ice. Way faster than anyone else on the ice.
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

So that Providence team we lost to...
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Yeah, Crazy weekend all around in college hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                Mike Grier had the softest hands ever to play on ice. He made the game look so easy and no one took him on, no one! Grier and O'Callahan are the only BU players I have selected to hang up in my memorabilia room. Simply the best.
                I hated him but you're right, he walked softly and carried a big stick. He'd hit folks and knock them into next week without even trying and he generally got a penalty for it. He was a great college player.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                  I was at that game. My dad and I were astonished with the speed of Shawn Bates. That guy was just flying up and down the ice. Way faster than anyone else on the ice.
                  I have often called Bates' performance in that game one of the most dominating I have ever seen at BU. It was almost a shame that Drury got the limelight, because Bates assisted on the two earlier goals, had a breakaway goal late that appeared to be the GWG, and created about 3 or 4 other great scoring opportunities just with his speed. He was just flying out there. Corrazini was the only player since who could come close to Bates in terms of speed, but Shawn was still a good bit faster in my mind.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    Corrazini was the only player since who could come close to Bates in terms of speed, but Shawn was still a good bit faster in my mind.
                    Granted I only saw a few games of Shawn Bates but that especially that one game vs. all the games I saw of Carl C. it isn't even a contest. Bates was WAY faster IMO.
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                      Granted I only saw a few games of Shawn Bates but that especially that one game vs. all the games I saw of Carl C. it isn't even a contest. Bates was WAY faster IMO.
                      Shawn Bates had great excelleration and end-to-end speed down the wing. Another burner was Shawn McEachern. He could really motor, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                        Shawn Bates had great excelleration and end-to-end speed down the wing. Another burner was Shawn McEachern. He could really motor, too.
                        Bates' best moment as a pro. It's a bit grainy.
                        McEachern's '91 GWG in the HE championship game

And speaking of Captain Carl, he discusses his playing career and new gig.
                        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                          Bates' best moment as a pro. It's a bit grainy.
                          McEachern's '91 GWG in the HE championship game

And speaking of Captain Carl, he discusses his playing career and new gig.
                          Any other way to read that Corazzini story? I don't want to have to subscribe to BostonGlobe.com.

Comment

Was sending you an e-mail shortly, so will include it. Will also post it on the blog but that doesn't resolve the subscribing issue.

Comment

Clendening and Coyle named to 29-man USA Hockey camp to choose Jr. National Team. A few sites, like The Western College Hockey Blog and the United States of Hockey had predicted Nieto would also be invited.

Comment

As a returning player, Coyle is pretty much a lock. Will be interesting to see if Clendening makes it. Didn't think he deserved it last year and he was left off in the end. My guess is he probably makes it this time around.

Comment

Working...
                                X