8.Bowdoin
    9.Elmira
    10.St. Norbert
    11.Neumann
    12.MSOE
    13.Superior
    14.Marian
    15.Hamline

14 and 15 are a crapshoot...I probably dropped SNC too far and didn't raise River Falls enough.

I could see River Falls rising all the way up to #4. Don't see them any higher though.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: New Poll Predictions for 11/14

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    This is going to be a tough week but here's my best guess at it:

1.Norwich
    2.Oswego
    3.Castleton
    4.Adrian
    5.Plattsburgh
    6.Utica
    7.River Falls
    8.Bowdoin
    9.Elmira
    10.St. Norbert
    11.Neumann
    12.MSOE
    13.Superior
    14.Marian
    15.Hamline

14 and 15 are a crapshoot...I probably dropped SNC too far and didn't raise River Falls enough.

I could see River Falls rising all the way up to #4. Don't see them any higher though.
    I can see Adrian falling a bit more - They lost, and their win over Genesseo looks a little less stellar.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I think MSOE may be a little higher. SNC may be lower. Hamline won't be ranked.

Comment

In my opinion,

SNC will probably drop down to about where Utica is currently (7th)

I think you have to raise Utica at least to sixth (where you have them now) But if you're going to raise River falls all the way up to #4 just by beating SNC, you've gotta move Utica up to 5th then. I understand the importance of that victory over SNC for River falls, but if you put them up to #4 just by that convincing win so to speak, thats a huge jump for just one game. I'm not that familiar with West-Region teams, but for just one win, thats a hell of a move in the Polls.
        Last edited by Pioneers#1; 11-13-2011, 11:31 AM.
        Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
        Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
        Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
        2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
        2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          I can see Adrian falling a bit more - They lost, and their win over Genesseo looks a little less stellar.
          You certainly could be right.

I could see Adrian and Plattsburgh both dropping below Utica possibly since they both lost.

The reason why I kept Adrian where they were is because everyone lost around them and they split with a ranked team.
          GO LAKERS!!!
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Utica's record is certainly worthy of a 3rd place ranking.

Adrian's split with MSOE shouldn't be discounted.
            The Raider's are under rated at 12. They appear near the top of offensive, defensive and special teams categories.

I don't believe Casltleton have earned consideration for a 3rd place ranking from their resume. Their undefeated record is far less impressive than UWRF's undefeated record.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
              Utica's record is certainly worthy of a 3rd place ranking.

Adrian's split with MSOE shouldn't be discounted.
              The Raider's are under rated at 12. They appear near the top of offensive, defensive and special teams categories.

I don't believe Casltleton have earned consideration for a 3rd place ranking from their resume. Their undefeated record is far less impressive than UWRF's undefeated record.
              Sometimes its about where you were the week before and what you did that weekend rather than the overall body of work.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                Sometimes its about where you were the week before and what you did that weekend rather than the overall body of work.
                My vote will always go the team I believe belongs because of their performance on the ice, rather than their record or history in the polls. Thanks for pointing out the flaws.

Comment

Polls are always flawed by using the "where were they ranked last week" concept. Computer rankings do look at the whole body of work, but it's too early for them to be meaningful.

Comment

Polls are always flawed by using the "where were they ranked last week" concept. Computer rankings do look at the whole body of work, but it's too early for them to be meaningful.
                    But the '"where were they ranked last week" concept' does help compensate for the fluke upsets. Also, the polls are opinion polls not statistical evaluations like computer rankings. Both use data and "reference points" and are likely biased, but only one can play a hunch.
                    Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                      My vote will always go the team I believe belongs because of their performance on the ice, rather than their record or history in the polls. Thanks for pointing out the flaws.
                      Dont hate the player...hate the game.
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                        But the '"where were they ranked last week" concept' does help compensate for the fluke upsets. Also, the polls are opinion polls not statistical evaluations like computer rankings. Both use data and "reference points" and are likely biased, but only one can play a hunch.
                        Fortunately, the poll(s), and computer rankings don't mean a thing for NCAA selection. In the Division I football world, there isn't enough time for a team that is unranked at the beginning of the season to rise high enough to play for a national championship. They downplay the computer rankings because when they were more important, the teams ranked 1 and 2 in the polls didn't get to play for the championship - so they fixed it so the computer rankings didn't make as much of a difference, and only sort out the teams looking to get into the Fiesta Bowl or the Orange Bowl - whichever one has the last pick.

Comment

1. Norwich
                          2. Oswego
                          3. Castleton
                          4. Utica
                          5. Wisconsin-River Falls
                          6. Plattsburgh
                          7. Adrian
                          8. Elmira
                          9. MSOE
                          10. Bowdoin
                          11. St. Norbert
                          12. Neumann
                          13. Wisconsin-Superior
                          14. Marian
                          15. New England College

Here is my poll prediction, it's probably going to be way off. I have to say even though I hope Oswego stays number one, Norwich will take over after a 2-0 weekend and a bad tie for Oswego. Castleton I feel will move ahead of the teams that were previously ahead of them due to a 4-0 record and the other teams losing at least one game some in upset fashion. Utica I think can be a big winner this week and jump up to the 4th spot after a solid weekend and a good road win over Hobart. River Falls gets 5th because of the good weekend they had against St. Norbert. Platty moves down to 6 because of a tough loss to Buff State but it was on the road and they are an emerging team so just a small drop for them.

Adrian will drop some after a split with a good MSOE team, even though both teams are ranked Adrian falls because other teams either lost just one game or were better this weekend, and the Geneseo loss to Brockport doesn't help Adrian either. Elmira gets a small bump to 8th and MSOE moves up for a nice win against Adrian but not to far due to a loss the next night to them. Bowdoin drops to 10 even though they are neutral but with nothing to go by teams that are playing need to be put ahead of them until they prove they belong their which usually they do. St. Norbert continues to fall after a tough weekend of 0-1-1, I just think other teams are playing better then them right now. Neumann falls a couple spots after a 1-1 weekend.

13-15 were tough because so many teams could fill these spots so I did my best and picked teams that I feel are playing well at the moment. I decided to go with Superior at 13 again because they didn't lose but still had a tie so not bad enough to drop but not good enough to rise. I went with Marian at 14 because they are off to another good start even though they have had some easy opponents so far, a home and home weekend with Lawrence will be a good test of this team to see if they deserve the ranking. And Finally probably a team that shouldn't be ranked but is in my poll is New England College, I feel that they have played pretty well so far (4-1) even though it hasn't been the toughest of competition. But considering this team didn't win its fourth game until 11 games in last year, this year has been much better and they will get a big test next Friday against Norwich. Like I said though it is probably going to be way off but this is how I see it going and we will see how wrong I am lol.
                          Oswego Class of '11

2012-13 ECAC-West Pick-Em' Runner-up
                          2013-14 Last Person Standing Third Place
                          2014-15 National D-III Pick'Em Runner-up

Oswego State Lakers
                          D-III National Champs 2007
                          SUNYAC Champions: 1980-82, 1984, 1989, 1991, 2003, 2010, 2013, 2014
                          NCAA D-III Frozen Four: 1987, 2003, 2007, 2010-14

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan11 View Post

I have to say even though I hope Oswego stays number one, Norwich will take over after a 2-0 weekend and a bad tie for Oswego... Platty moves down to 6 because of a tough loss to Buff State but it was on the road and they are an emerging team so just a small drop for them...
                            Overall a good a post - BUT - "Emerging" from where? - they are the 2011 SUNYAC Champions. Oswego (5-1-1) tied a conference .250 team and Platty (3-1-0) lost by 1 to a conference .600 team.
                            Larry Normandin
                            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                              Overall a good a post - BUT - "Emerging" from where? - they are the 2011 SUNYAC Champions. Oswego (5-1-1) tied a conference .250 team and Platty (3-1-0) lost by 1 to a conference .600 team.
                              Pretty sure he was reffering to Buffalo State as an emerging team.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                              X