Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by motox View Post
    No no, THIS is priceless.
    Your fanbase was the one putting words in our mouths. Seems presumptuous and arrogant to me.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

*****http://uvtblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/jan-brady-face.jpeg******

Comment

In all seriousness, I am looking forward to the series. Should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
          This SCSU team is better than advertised and I would be surprised if they don't take at least one point next weekend.
          So "better than advertised" is worthy of at least one point? That's the JBSU we all know and love.

And before you have a tantrum, I'm not predicting anything for the series - the loss at UW on Friday and Sunday loss to VT have made me gun-shy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
            To the clueless dink that thought . . .
            You seem to have forgotten that your team plays in dinkytown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
              No it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                Lay off the turpentine - you clearly don't know where dinkytown is - which makes you a dink.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  So "better than advertised" is worthy of at least one point? That's the JBSU we all know and love.

And before you have a tantrum, I'm not predicting anything for the series - the loss at UW on Friday and Sunday loss to VT have made me gun-shy.
                  The Gophers are a good team. St. Cloud is a good team. If St. Cloud gets swept, I will be surprised. If St. Cloud ties on Friday and loses a close game on Saturday I will not be surprised. Therefore, I will be surprised if the Huskies don't get at least one point.
                  Originally posted by SJHovey
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                    Two regular season titles and a playoff title in that stretch don't count for anything?
                    No, only NCAA tournament wins mean anything.
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

as a gopher fan- this is always one of my favorite series of the year. st cloud is always fun to watch.. and i can appreciate their approach to the game. hoping (and i guess somewhat predicting) the gophers can get 3 points this weekend.

Comment

The Gophers are a good team. St. Cloud is a good team. If St. Cloud gets swept, I will be surprised. If St. Cloud ties on Friday and loses a close game on Saturday I will not be surprised. Therefore, I will be surprised if the Huskies don't get at least one point.
                        You're being too literal, but I'll go against my better judgement and try logic with you. You predicting anything less than a split belies your, "better than advertised" remark. That is unless by saying, "better than advertised" you meant, "doesn't totally suck".
                        Last edited by Slap Shot; 11-14-2011, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          You're being too literal, but I'll go against my better judgement and try logic with you. You predicting anything less than a split belies your, "better than advertised" remark. That is unless but saying, "better than advertised" you meant, "doesn't totally suck".
                          Well, considering the Huskies aren't ranked and the Gophers are ranked #1 in the nation, your "logic" is wrong. And I didn't predict less than one point. I said if we don't get at least one point I will be surprised.

Nice try at condescending to me, even though you are the one that needs things explained, jagoff.

Comment

Well, considering the Huskies aren't ranked and the Gophers are ranked #1 in the nation, your "logic" is wrong. And I didn't predict less than one point. I said if we don't get at least one point I will be surprised.

Nice try at condescending to me, even though you are the one that needs things explained, jagoff.
                            So, you're expecting 1 point from a better than advertised team. Got it.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

No, only NCAA tournament wins mean anything.
                              MN has the same number of them in that time frame as Jan: 1.

And it's easy for a Jan fan to say conference hardware doesn't mean anything, since you have so ****ing little of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                                MN has the same number of them in that time frame as Jan: 1.

And it's easy for a Jan fan to say conference hardware doesn't mean anything, since you have so ****ing little of it.
                                I think they have a banner proclaiming "Zero National Titles!"
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X