Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    Oh, i think there is no contest here. DL is the more lonely while Brent is the more pathetic.

/thread

Comment

Hey Motox - Yes, Bjugstad did accelerate his graduation and came to the Gophers a year early. Also, I didn't see the LeBlanc injury, but I heard about it. Horrible to see. Heard it was a clean break and his career isn't in jeopardy though. Glad to hear that. Question for you. Who did he go into the boards with on the Badgers? Curious to know if it was Ramage because he took the legs out from under Condon this weekend and Condon went hard into the boards. Did he just lose an edge, or was there more involved?

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
        Hey Motox - Yes, Bjugstad did accelerate his graduation and came to the Gophers a year early. Also, I didn't see the LeBlanc injury, but I heard about it. Horrible to see. Heard it was a clean break and his career isn't in jeopardy though. Glad to hear that. Question for you. Who did he go into the boards with on the Badgers? Curious to know if it was Ramage because he took the legs out from under Condon this weekend and Condon went hard into the boards. Did he just lose an edge, or was there more involved?
        LeBlanc just lost an edge. No dirty hit on the play. It was just a fluke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
          LeBlanc just lost an edge. No dirty hit on the play. It was just a fluke.
          Gotcha. Thanks.

Comment

I don't think Lucia has directly addressed resting Patterson. Most of us expect Shibrowski to get some time in the holiday tournament or a non-conference game.
            My mistake earlier, the holiday tournament isn't listed on USCHO's schedule.
            So, I'd agree I only really expect to see Shibrowski in that. *maybe* at Mich St. on Saturday if the Gophers win Friday, and they head into that weekend with only, maybe, 1 more loss in the 6 games leading up to it.

I'll restate that I think it would be great if Shibrowski got some experience, but given that Lucia knows his team NEEDS to make the NCAA and the Final5, I don't expect there will be much monkeying with the line-up this year unless mandated by injuries.
            Last edited by Stauber1; 11-14-2011, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
              There is no holiday tournament this year. MN's only remaining non-con series is at Mich St over Thanksgiving. I wouldn't be shocked to see Patterson on the bench Saturday if the Gophers win Friday. That is, assuming MN continues winning and heads into that weekend with plenty of wins in the PWR bank.

Outside of that, MN plays Notre Dame a single game to kick off the second half after nearly a month off. I'd have to believe Patterson will play that.

Obviously, it would be good to get Shibrowski some time, just so he has a little experience should something happen to Patterson. But I think it is pretty well understood by the coaching staff that MN must make the NCAA's and the Final5 this year, so I doubt they will play around with the line-up too much. They need to win.
              Uh, you may want to take another look at the Gophers' schedule if you don't think there is a holiday tourney this year.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...key-sched.html
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Hey Motox - Yes, Bjugstad did accelerate his graduation and came to the Gophers a year early. Also, I didn't see the LeBlanc injury, but I heard about it. Horrible to see. Heard it was a clean break and his career isn't in jeopardy though. Glad to hear that.
                It was one of those stomach turning moments when they showed it on TV as his leg was turned the wrong way. One of our announcers even said something to the effect of "that's just the padding getting bunched up." I was thinking what kind of messed up padding could that be? Then they played it a good 5 times over just in case the first time didn't send enough chills down our spine. Depending on how quickly he rehabs there is talk of Drew possibly coming back toward the end of the season. Personally I'd rather see a medical redshirt and have him back next year but not sure that's in the cards as he had the option to go pro this past year and decided to come back. Great kid on and off the ice.

Comment

Thanks for the nice, long post about your team, motox. Appreciate the insight heading into the series!
                  "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                    There is no holiday tournament this year.
                    So those are fake tickets they sent me fot Niagra and some other team on 12/30 and 12/31?

Comment

Curious to know if it was Ramage because he took the legs out from under Condon this weekend and Condon went hard into the boards.
                      Yeah I was ticked the refs didn't call that, it was a blatant and dangerous trip.
                      Originally posted by CavalryNate
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

So those are fake tickets they sent me fot Niagra and some other team on 12/30 and 12/31?
                        Yeah, edited my post already. The games aren't listed on USCHO's schedule. My bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by motox View Post
                          It was one of those stomach turning moments when they showed it on TV as his leg was turned the wrong way. One of our announcers even said something to the effect of "that's just the padding getting bunched up." I was thinking what kind of messed up padding could that be? Then they played it a good 5 times over just in case the first time didn't send enough chills down our spine. Depending on how quickly he rehabs there is talk of Drew possibly coming back toward the end of the season. Personally I'd rather see a medical redshirt and have him back next year but not sure that's in the cards as he had the option to go pro this past year and decided to come back. Great kid on and off the ice.
                          Would be great to see him come back this year. Especially considering he could have signed a pro offer. I watched your first game against NoDak and I was really impressed by him. Good to see you guys are persevering through the injuries and still playing well

Comment

• Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                            Yeah I was ticked the refs didn't call that, it was a blatant and dangerous trip.
                            I was pretty ticked as well.

Comment

ETA: dam multi-quote feature is still broke!
                              Yeah...that thing sucks.
                              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Oh, i think there is no contest here. DL is the more lonely while Brent is the more pathetic.
                                See? Now THAT is comedy right there!
                                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Working...
                                X