Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hammy View Post
    OK... since you are going to read into it THAT carefully, a couple of points.
    Maybe this is just a UofM phenomenon since the rest of the world knows a couple =2 and a few =3. Is that how the grad assistants teach it there?

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      Good recent picture of Brent and Bakunin.
      No, it isn't. Lloyd and Harry have hair...
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        *****http://pineconeattack.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/ohsnap.gif******
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          There's always wigs.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
            Maybe this is just a UofM phenomenon since the rest of the world knows a couple =2 and a few =3. Is that how the grad assistants teach it there?
            Actually, if you want to go by dictionary definition i read, few in the way I was using it means "not many but more than one". Which is exactly what I was saying.
            University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammy View Post
              Actually, if you want to go by dictionary definition i read, few in the way I was using it means "not many but more than one."
              You are 100% correct.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

SCCC Helmet Kids (c) LWB lose again.

And a hair joke? Oh shucks. Guess I'll fall asleep in my tears, while knowing my team will exit the weekend with 4 points.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  There's always wigs.
                  Is that what you graze on when you run out of prairie grass?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                    Is that what you graze on when you run out of prairie grass?
                    This is the lamest attempt at an insult I've ever seen.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      This is the lamest attempt at an insult I've ever seen.
                      You missed the hair joke on me earlier. Just sayin'.

Hope you like hoping for 1 point. I'm being nice. You ain't gonna get that.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        That masturbation notice reminded me of a recent find by melmac:

*****https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/299239_2306234248385_1025148831_32185218_936773215 _n.jpg******
                        Wait??????
                        Are we picking on the players or the cheer chicks now?
                        Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          UND and UW didn't generate much bc they're a one-line trick pony. SCSU rolls more depth at F than probably anybody you guys have seen, including tUMD. I'd take tUMD's top line over SCSU's, but for top to bottom depth, I'd give us a slight edge.
                          Tried to catch up with this thread since Monday or whenever the hell it was that I last had time to read, but I got bored. So excuse me if this has been said already...

I kind of agree with you. And that is why I think MN will need their top couple lines to have a big weekend, and not depend on their depth the way they have the past couple weeks. If Haula, Hanson, and Budish can make significant contributions on the score sheet this weekend, I think MN will come away with the majority of the points.
                          Rau and Bjugstad have been consistently dangerous, and I really don't see the 3rd and 4th lines getting victimized.

In regards to Patterson...if you aren't concerned about him, you haven't been paying attention. He doesn't always make multiple flashy saves in a game, but that speaks volumes about the kind of goaltender he is.
                          He is consistent. He simply doesn't give up second opportunities. And he doesn't make mistakes. The one vulnerability he has shown this year is getting beat high from close in...but then again that is a vulnerability universal to virtually all goaltenders. Finding those high corners from close range is a constant point of emphasis for any coaching staff worth its salt.

And, Patterson has shown himself more than capable of coming up with a flashy save when the defense totally goes out to lunch.

But really, what I'm looking for this weekend, is for the MN PP to gain back a bit of the momentum it has lost over the past couple series. That PP was a huge part of how they built up their 10-2 record, and if they have any illusions of hanging a banner this year, it is going to have to start producing again.

Comment

Originally posted by mariucci View Post
                            Hammy wasn't saying any of which you just replied to.
                            No, you see he was pointing out some of the issues that cloud has. He was not pointing out that Hammy actually said that. They are clearly in disagreement on the last point he made regarding clouds depth/talent at forward, but those other parts were not an attempt to put words in Hammy's mouth.
                            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Let me get this straight. SCSU has started comparing themselves to tUMD because going up against the Gophers there really is no comparison? Pretty hard to rip a team for knowing they don't match up to you because you just feel so sa for themd. But I bet I can still find ways to do it because you can't spell SUCKS without SCSU.

(yes I know that's an old one but still a classic )
                              Last edited by Tiggsy; 11-18-2011, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Gophers will sweep this weekend. Patterson will set MN shutout record.
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X