Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
    Patterson has played out of his mind this year and has made a so so minnesota defense look a lot better than they are......
    This is kinda true but that's not to say that the Gophers haven't cleaned up the defensive woes that we have seen the last 3-4 years. There is still room for improvement for the Gophers' D corp but they are VASTLY improved.
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      No one on the Minnesota hockey team can be considered great, because no one on the Minnesota hockey team has played Anybody yet.

Understand?
      You should look into a career as a parrot.
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
        This is kinda true but that's not to say that the Gophers haven't cleaned up the defensive woes that we have seen the last 3-4 years. There is still room for improvement for the Gophers' D corp but they are VASTLY improved.
        Agreed. Outside of the UMD series, the Gophers are averaging just 19 SOG allowed per game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
          You should look into a career as a parrot.
          You should look into a job stating the obvious, you're awesome at it.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            You should look into a job stating the obvious, you're awesome at it.
            Say that "gophers haven't played anybody" line again. It has gotten better with age. I will give you a cracker.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
              Agreed. Outside of the UMD series, the Gophers are averaging just 19 SOG allowed per game.
              I would say every team in the country would like to average 19 SOG allowed. Patterson has been great this year. His Vermont loss was more on his supporting cast that on him. The left him out to dry and mitigated nearly every PP opportunity with retaliatory penalties.

The Gophers to this point have no glaring weakness. It will take the Huskies best game(s) so far this season take points in this series. That being said, they are not invincible. Motzko's record is around .500. Barring the '08-'09 season where his team was 0-6 against UM, he has a solid record against his former employer.
              Last edited by Bronzebacks; 11-17-2011, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                I would say every team in the country would like to average 19 SOG allowed. Patterson has been great this year. His Vermont loss was more on his supporting cast that on him. The left him out to dry and mitigated nearly every PP opportunity with retaliatory penalties.

The Gophers to this point have no glaring weakness. It will take the Huskies best game(s) so far this season take points in this series. That being said, they are not invincible. Motzko's record is around .500. Baring the '08-'09 season where his team was 0-6 against UM, he has a solid record against his former employer.
                No question they are not invincible. They are very inexperienced defensively, and although they have improved in this capacity as the year has progressed, they still have lapses.

Both of these teams like to play a very fast-paced, offensive game, and I think that will translate into at least one high scoring game.

Comment

I think we'll take our "non-game changer" with his 1.66 GAA and 93.5% save percentage and be OK.
                  University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                    I think we'll take our "non-game changer" with his 1.66 GAA and 93.5% save percentage and be OK.

But he hasn't played in the NHC before

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                      But he hasn't played in the NHC before
                      ...or anybody yet. Sorry Tizzy McStumble, does that make me a parrot too?
                      Originally posted by Skeeterman
                      Ski yo momma!
                      Originally Asked by Grant Potulny (After noticing an autograph seeker was wearing SCSU colors.)
                      Who do you cheer for in the post season?

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                        Patterson has played out of his mind this year and has made a so so minnesota defense look a lot better than they are......
                        I saw you make this comment on another board and I have to say it makes me think you don't know much. Unless all you have seen is the one series in Duluth where the shots on goal were laughably skewed by the scorekeeper.

While they aren't flawless defensively (who is?), I am not sure a team that tends to only give up around 20 shots a game and is #4 in overall team defense is "so-so". Not to mention being in the top 10 nationally in penalty killing. At some point, you have to face the fact that they are actually playing well beyond just the goalie.
                        University of Minnesota

Comment

Originally posted by skiumah2 View Post
                          ...or anybody yet. Sorry Tizzy McStumble, does that make me a parrot too?
                          You can have my cracker!!!! I don't want it.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            Friday night against UNH, a goalie we were told was supposed to be really good came into the NHC and got more lit up than Birkholz in a parking lot, so I'm just saying that the potential for both teams to play a low scoring affaird is there, but so is the potential for the wheels to come off on either side or both.
                            Yeah because UNH and its 40th ranked PK and defense that has given up twice as many goals per game as MN does is a pretty good comparison.
                            University of Minnesota

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                              Yeah because UNH and its 40th ranked PK and defense that has given up twice as many goals per game as MN does is a pretty good comparison.
                              So what comparison are we allowed to make then?
                              UNH started off very slow but they are unbeaten since they played us.
                              From stuff I've seen here, we aren't going to get shots on MN and even if we do, we won't beat Patterson.
                              Not that it matters though, we can't stop the Gopher offense anyway.
                              Should SCSU even show up?
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                                I saw you make this comment on another board and I have to say it makes me think you don't know much. Unless all you have seen is the one series in Duluth where the shots on goal were laughably skewed by the scorekeeper.

While they aren't flawless defensively (who is?), I am not sure a team that tends to only give up around 20 shots a game and is #4 in overall team defense is "so-so". Not to mention being in the top 10 nationally in penalty killing. At some point, you have to face the fact that they are actually playing well beyond just the goalie.
                                Shots on goal are the most over rated stat in hockey. A team can give up 40 shots on goal and still be in control of the game if they keep everything to the outside. I have watched almost all the Gopher games this season, unlike Euro who just likes to get Gopher fans going...... Patterson bails the defense out a lot and has looked great. The Huskies will get plenty of quality shots on Patterson this weekend. Should be a good weekend of hockey.
                                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X