Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
    So out of curiousity, what are you implying then? I would hate to put words in your mouth.
    By this logic he could have meant Patterson would give up 3 goals against my kid's mite team because he's never played at that rink.

Comment

Boy, I sure can't wait til Minnesota finally gets to play Anybody. This week they sure ain't.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
        And implied he'd give up 3 goals in a period. I'm just sayin. Besides, slow day at work so I am trying to get an early start.
        I've seen Patterson almost all of the games he's played for the Gophers before this season, and a couple so far this year, and I think he's a good goalie. I don't think he's great. And I think that SCSU can hang up three on almost anybody in a period. They can also go into a shell and not come out for a weekend. Friday night against UNH, a goalie we were told was supposed to be really good came into the NHC and got more lit up than Birkholz in a parking lot, so I'm just saying that the potential for both teams to play a low scoring affaird is there, but so is the potential for the wheels to come off on either side or both.
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
          Jess Myers column on the upcoming series:

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/M...ntensity111611
          Boy he is quite an original thinker. Actually UND over the last five or 6 years years has become an equal to the Goofers when it comes to loud crazy sold out crowds. The Husky fans this year are obviously not that excited since as of yesterday the game was not even sold out.... I am pretty sure that has never happened before, but since the goofers haven't been coming to town every year any more the hype for this series is no where close to where it use to be. I will be there as usual on Friday. hopefully it is a great series and the Huskies paly as well as I know they can.
          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            I've seen Patterson almost all of the games he's played for the Gophers before this season, and a couple so far this year, and I think he's a good goalie. I don't think he's great. And I think that SCSU can hang up three on almost anybody in a period. They can also go into a shell and not come out for a weekend. Friday night against UNH, a goalie we were told was supposed to be really good came into the NHC and got more lit up than Birkholz in a parking lot, so I'm just saying that the potential for both teams to play a low scoring affaird is there, but so is the potential for the wheels to come off on either side or both.
            Patterson has played out of his mind this year and has made a so so minnesota defense look a lot better than they are......

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
              Boy he is quite an original thinker. Actually UND over the last five or 6 years years has become an equal to the Goofers when it comes to loud crazy sold out crowds. The Husky fans this year are obviously not that excited since as of yesterday the game was not even sold out.... I am pretty sure that has never happened before, but since the goofers haven't been coming to town every year any more the hype for this series is no where close to where it use to be. I will be there as usual on Friday. hopefully it is a great series and the Huskies paly as well as I know they can.
              Kinda surprised me that it isn't sold out yet. Wish I could make it, but I'll be out of town

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                Kinda surprised me that it isn't sold out yet. Wish I could make it, but I'll be out of town
                I know some gopher fans can't believe it, but after 20 years it isn't a big deal any more. Don't get me wrong the place will be rocking and everybody still loves to beating the Gophers, but it isn't the same. I was in the student section fall 1993 when they first beat the gophers. It was a big deal then and I have never heard the place louder than when Bill Lund scored on a break way at the end of that game. The little engine that could from back then is long gone. The Huskies have made the NCAA's 8 of the last 12 years. Beating the Gophers doesn't make the teams season any more. That is why the same lame jokes I first heard 11 years ago when I first found this site are now officially old. I just hope we have two close great games with the Huskies winning.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

• Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                  I know some gopher fans can't believe it, but after 20 years it isn't a big deal any more. Don't get me wrong the place will be rocking and everybody still loves to beating the Gophers, but it isn't the same. I was in the student section fall 1993 when they first beat the gophers. It was a big deal then and I have never heard the place louder than when Bill Lund scored on a break way at the end of that game. The little engine that could from back then is long gone. The Huskies have made the NCAA's 8 of the last 12 years. Beating the Gophers doesn't make the teams season any more. That is why the same lame jokes I first heard 11 years ago when I first found this site are now officially old. I just hope we have two close great games with the Huskies winning.
                  I didn't mean it from that perspective. Just sad that the rivalry seems to be fading.

Comment

What makes you think he is not great? I have to agree with scsutommyboy in that our 'D' is young and therefore prone to committing many mistakes, but Patterson has covered them up well nearly all year. 5 SO's in 12 games. Sure, two of them were against Sacred Heart, but it is hard to record a SO against anyone. Even if you take those 2 SO's away, 3 SO's in 12 games is impressive.

As someone said before, Patterson is not the weak spot in the Gophers armor. If the Gophers split/get 1 pt./get swept this weekend, it will likely not be because of Kent's play.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                      Sucks getting old

Comment

• Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                        Patterson has played very well this year and has shown he can make the key saves when needed, you're barking up the wrong tree IMO.
                        Patterson has been great last year and this year. I was just disputing the fact that he has played in big games before.
                        Originally posted by SJHovey
                        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                        Originally posted by Brenthoven
                        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

1. Not quite sure how you have that opinion based on watching more than one game this year. Was one of them the Vermont loss? I don't think he played well in that game, even if most other Gopher fans think he did. Pretty much every other game he's been fantastic. I'm just curious how you base your opinion.

2. So no matter the outcome this weekend, you get to say "I was right". Nice job.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                            I'm just curious how you base your opinion.
                            His jersey has an "M" on the front. That's how.

Is it possible that he can gave a bad game and get lit up? Sure. But to say he hasn't been great this year is to say that you are blind.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

No one on the Minnesota hockey team can be considered great, because no one on the Minnesota hockey team has played Anybody yet.

Understand?
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I said that I haven't seen many games this year. But last year he looked good but not a game changer. Before that I got to see him fill in for Kangas now and then.

If he's been fantastic this year then congrats. I just have never watched him play and been scared for my squad to face him.
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X