Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Do you really think you can hang 3 on St Pat? (honest question)
    In a period? Yeah, its possible. He's never seen a minute of ice-time at the NHC.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      Not for all, no. Ambroz commonly goes by "Idiot" though.
      That's funny stuff. Kid has such great potential. If he suddenly develops the ability to learn and think this weekend, we could be in big trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        In a period? Yeah, its possible. He's never seen a minute of ice-time at the NHC.
        You're right, especially with all the crowd noise and merciless taunting. He doesn't stand a chance. It's not like he's been in any pressure situations where he needed to come up with a big save to bail the team out.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
          You're right, especially with all the crowd noise and merciless taunting. He doesn't stand a chance. It's not like he's been in any pressure situations where he needed to come up with a big save to bail the team out.
          Plus he has to look out for batteries!
          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
            Ignoring that UMD series, I like that the UND fans were talking about the Gophers not playing "anybody." If that were true, then they still haven't...because UND and UW are trrbl!
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
              Putting words in the mouths of others pretty early this morning, aren't we? Didn't say that... I simply said he'll be playing in a building he's never played in before.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                Putting words in the mouths of others pretty early this morning, aren't we? Didn't say that... I simply said he'll be playing in a building he's never played in before.
                And Faragher had never played at REA before. Didn't stop him from pitching a shutout. In his first collegiate start, no less. I don't think the fact that Patterson hasn't played there before will be much of a factor, if at all.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                  And Faragher had never played at REA before. Didn't stop him from pitching a shutout. In his first collegiate start, no less. I don't think the fact that Patterson hasn't played there before will be much of a factor, if at all.
                  Oh good, you responded, I thought for a second you'd gone away and then who would I have to converse with?

Again, just pointing out that he's seen as much ice time at the NHC as I have.

Comment

Jess Myers column on the upcoming series:

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/M...ntensity111611

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      Oh good, you responded, I thought for a second you'd gone away and then who would I have to converse with?

Great. You pointed out a seemingly pointless fact.

I guess we should thank you for that

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                        What pressure situations has he played in? The team hasn't played in a meaningful game that they won in over three years.

Not saying this series with SCSU is one, but geez.
                        Originally posted by SJHovey
                        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                        Originally posted by Brenthoven
                        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

And implied he'd give up 3 goals in a period. I'm just sayin. Besides, slow day at work so I am trying to get an early start.

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                          What pressure situations has he played in? The team hasn't played in a meaningful game that they won in over three years.

Maybe not by your definition but for a young team that was finding it's way quickly I don't think anyone will dispute Patterson is a big reason why the team sits where it does. Big saves keeping games close for both the Sue and UMD come to mind.
                          Last edited by Tiggsy; 11-17-2011, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Comment

So out of curiousity, what are you implying then? I would hate to put words in your mouth.

Comment

Patterson has played very well this year and has shown he can make the key saves when needed, you're barking up the wrong tree IMO.
                                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X