Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    What kind of ******** thinks a Penn State joke would be funny?
    Bakunin already told us Budish-Rau-Bjugstad would "Sandusky" our defense so I'm gonna go with him.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      Bakunin already told us Budish-Rau-Bjugstad would "Sandusky" our defense so I'm gonna go with him.
      When we all know you guys will be trying to come from behind. Bakunin really DOES know everything!
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Bakunin really DOESN'T know anything!
        Fixed that for ya.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Fixed that for ya.
          Oooo, the FYP. Way to master basic interwebs skills. And AOL humor. Oh that's right, you got yerself one of them fancy degrees!
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Oooo, the FYP. Way to master basic interwebs skills. And AOL humor. Oh that's right, you got yerself one of them fancy degrees!
            Coming from a forklift jockey, that one hurt.
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Coming from a forklift jockey, that one hurt.
              And think about this: I ship HAZMAT materials across the country! Sleep tight, kids!

So, how (relatively) good is your #2 sieve? I know he's no BOBBY!!!1!1!!!!1!!, so what is the verdict?

Do you really think you can hang 3 on St Pat? (honest question)

Can anyone stop 2 of the following: Haula Back, B-Jugs, the Rau-ser.

Comment

Do you guys have lame nicknames for all of your players?
                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                  Not for all, no. Ambroz commonly goes by "Idiot" though.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                    Just the best ones. And they are not lame. I mean, you guys had "BOBBY!!!!9)!()T)@(U!!!"

Comment

And think about this: I ship HAZMAT materials across the country! Sleep tight, kids!

So, how (relatively) good is your #2 sieve? I know he's no BOBBY!!!1!1!!!!1!!, so what is the verdict?

Do you really think you can hang 3 on St Pat? (honest question)

Can anyone stop 2 of the following: Haula Back, B-Jugs, the Rau-ser.
                      No verdict on Faragher yet.
                      He's a freshman, so he's up and down but he has been decent so far.
                      Can we hang 3? Yes
                      Will we? That may very well depend on the PP, but this is a balanced offense.
                      No one pair will be tasked to stop them I don't think, maybe Jensen/Prochno but the key for the Huskies will as always be team D.
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

No verdict on Faragher yet.
                        He's a freshman, so he's up and down but he has been decent so far.
                        Can we hang 3? Yes
                        Will we? That may very well depend on the PP, but this is a balanced offense.
                        No one pair will be tasked to stop them I don't think, maybe Jensen/Prochno but the key for the Huskies will as always be team D.
                        "Decent so far," I realize he's a frosh, was looking on the current outlook. Delivered.
                        Ok.
                        Not asking which two of yours will stop those three. Was asking if any of you could stop 2 of those three?

Comment

"Decent so far," I realize he's a frosh, was looking on the current outlook. Delivered.
                          Ok.
                          Not asking which two of yours will stop those three. Was asking if any of you could stop 2 of those three?
                          Ah.
                          Answer is still the same though.
                          If they can, team D will be key.
                          There is talent on the blueline, but not a lot of experience as SCSU has 6 underclassmen out of the 8 defensemen.
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Assuming the Friday non-effort in Madison was an aberration, I expect Jan's goalie and defense to be under a lot of pressure this weekend. Unlike recent Gopher teams, this one not only can snipe but also has shown a willingness to crash the net looking for garbage goals. They also play with a bit of an edge and throw their weight around quite a bit. The only area of vulnerability that MN has is its young defense. They can be undisciplined at times and have gotten caught out of position which has led to oddman rushes and breakaways. If Jan has any ideas of pulling off an upset, these opportunities will have to be exploited.

As far as special teams are concerned, Minnesota must improve its powerplay proficiency - it's simply been brutal the last few games (they did generate a lot of chances against UND but very few against UW). I'm not at all worried about the penalty kill - a nearly 90% success rate is all you can ask for out of that group (of course, having a potential first team WCHA goalie backing them up helps).

Lastly, my impression of the last couple weeks is that 2nd-4th lines don't really generate much of anything against the Gophers. Only UW's top line seemed capable of scoring - let alone generating quality chances. UND had something of a similar issue; 2-3 of their players were able to get a couple quality looks, but nobody else could. MN's speed and renewed commitment to the backcheck is probably a big reason for this.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                              We are going to miss you in two years.
                              The feeling is mutual. I haven't had this much fun since pigs ate my brother.
                              Originally posted by SJHovey
                              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                              Originally posted by Brenthoven
                              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                                Assuming the Friday non-effort in Madison was an aberration, I expect Jan's goalie and defense to be under a lot of pressure this weekend. Unlike recent Gopher teams, this one not only can snipe but also has shown a willingness to crash the net looking for garbage goals. They also play with a bit of an edge and throw their weight around quite a bit. The only area of vulnerability that MN has is its young defense. They can be undisciplined at times and have gotten caught out of position which has led to oddman rushes and breakaways. If Jan has any ideas of pulling off an upset, these opportunities will have to be exploited.

As far as special teams are concerned, Minnesota must improve its powerplay proficiency - it's simply been brutal the last few games (they did generate a lot of chances against UND but very few against UW). I'm not at all worried about the penalty kill - a nearly 90% success rate is all you can ask for out of that group (of course, having a potential first team WCHA goalie backing them up helps).

Lastly, my impression of the last couple weeks is that 2nd-4th lines don't really generate much of anything against the Gophers. Only UW's top line seemed capable of scoring - let alone generating quality chances. UND had something of a similar issue; 2-3 of their players were able to get a couple quality looks, but nobody else could. MN's speed and renewed commitment to the backcheck is probably a big reason for this.
                                UND and UW didn't generate much bc they're a one-line trick pony. SCSU rolls more depth at F than probably anybody you guys have seen, including tUMD. I'd take tUMD's top line over SCSU's, but for top to bottom depth, I'd give us a slight edge.
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X