Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
    Hey, credit where credit is due. That was a hillarious twist of a movie line to this situation. Not a personal shot at anyone.

edit: yes I'm patting myself on the back. if you don't like it.
    No worries. My comment was more directed at Wes than you, for reasons larger than that.

Comment

• Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Originally posted by skiumah2 View Post
      8. Minnesota Lynx - Really?? The sports championship awarding Gods gave us women's basketball. Come on!
      First off, reading over your post didn't help matters and really put a downer on my afternoon. We don't need to be reminded of all that over and over again. Plus husky fans likely cheer for the same pro teams, so we got that in common.

But off the subject... if the NBA ever starts up again the T-wolves need to sign Lindsey Whalen. Between her and Rubio they would be unstoppable. Right?

edit: besides this does help in arguing with sconnies. They bring up football all the time so now we can bring up WNBA. Seems to level the playing field, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by skiumah2 View Post
        I have to say, I really don't know how anyone can accuse a Gopher Hockey fan of arrogance. I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that most (not all) Gopher Hockey fans are also fans of the other local teams. With that in mind, let's take inventory:

1. Minnesota Vikings - 4 Super Bowl losses followed by 5 NFC Championship game losses. No Super Bowl wins in their history.
        2. Minnesota Twins - Did win 2 World Series 20+ years ago but those are becoming faded memories. Has made the playoffs 6 of the last 10 years but bowed out in the 1st round in all but one of those. Usually by the hated Yankees.
        3. Minnesota Wild - Limited playoff appearances in their 10 year history. All playoffs were first round exits with the exception of the Western Conference Finals run of 2003.
        4. Minnesota North Stars - 2 Stanley Cup Finals appearances in their 26 year history with no championships. Oh, one more thing, they abandoned us for Texas!
        5.Minnesota Timberwolves - Is there even much to discuss here.
        6. Gopher Football - See #5
        7. Gopher Basketball - Academic cheating scandal to wipe out the only Final Four appearance they've ever made. While there is optimism for Tubby, nothing has panned out yet.
        8. Minnesota Lynx - Really?? The sports championship awarding Gods gave us women's basketball. Come on!

Gopher Hockey is the one sport where we expect to be in contention every year (save the previous 3 years). Those expectations are periodically rewarded with MacNaughton Cups, Broadmore Trophies and NCAA Championships (Again, save the previous 3 years). I think everyone is mislabeling our arrogance. Isn't it more accurate to say we have Gopher Hockey relief? Relief that when it comes to Minnesota sports fans, Gopher Hockey actually pays us off once in a while.

Of course, since it would also be reasonable to assume that most (not all) SCSU fans are also fans of the Minnesota local teams, it's kind of amazing any of you watch sports anymore. At least Gopher Hockey gives us hope for the other losers. What gives a Husky fan hope?
        I would say Gopher football is closer to #2 than #5 as they do have 6 national championships. It's just been ages. But yeah, no one really cares about them.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
          I would say Gopher football is closer to #2 than #5 as they do have 6 national championships. It's just been ages. But yeah, no one really cares about them.
          I almost said the same, but for as much as I want to hang my hat on those 6 championships i've only been able to stomache an entire game once in the past two years

Comment

• Originally posted by mariucci View Post
            I almost said the same, but for as much as I want to hang my hat on those 6 championships i've only been able to stomache an entire game once in the past two years
            Yeah, not a big football guy, or basketball guy. Pretty happy I'm not too

Comment

Originally posted by mariucci View Post
              6>0 for all you sconnie lurkers out there. I know you're there.

Comment

Yeah, the Gophers were a serious force before the forward pass was allowed.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by tiggsy View Post
                  6>0 for all you sconnie lurkers out there. I know you're there.
                  :d

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    :d
                    Busted!

Anyways, back on topic. Huskies suck!

Whew, I feel better now.

Comment

Originally posted by skiumah2 View Post
                      What gives a Husky fan hope?
                      Gopher hockey repeating the frustration of the last three years... Schadenfreude is their only hope.
                      "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                        Anyways, back on topic. Huskies suck!
                        At least our teeth fit in our mouth
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Will there be many cloud fans making it to the game at mariucci? How about the pre-game at the pub?

Comment

Nate Schmidt on playing another rival: "That's the reason I came to the University of Minnesota, you're going to get everyone's best shot."

Looks like he chose the right school
                            Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 11-16-2011, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              Juices boxes rock.
                              Agreed. I like a juicy box.

Cue the commie in 3....2....1....
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                Agreed. I like a juicy box.

Cue the commie in 3....2....1....

Well for you seeing one has to be like seeing a UFO.
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X