Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    They provide rosters and stats on this site you know.
    Surely you can't be that lazy?
    He's all tuckered out from watching football all day. Besides, ti just doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      An interior shot of the arena:

*****http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6177/6234314581_f383df7f7f.jpg******

And that's one of the better-looking areas.
      I see the renovations are going well.

As much as I want St. Cloud to win both. MN is going to take 3.
      Originally posted by Skeeterman
      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        They provide rosters and stats on this site you know.
        Surely you can't be that lazy?
        You've met me. You know the answer to that.

Edit: and goldy, also spending a couple hours with my nieces, aged 3 and 5. I think you can guess how tiring that is.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

To the clueless dink that thought Rumpel "broke down" in the third, this is what actually happened: the entire UW team broke down. The reason? MN hit them hard and often and pressured them with an aggressive forecheck. For all intents and purposes, MN dominated about 40 minutes of last night's game (the second period was merely a push). The shots ended up being something like 32-12 MN.

The simple fact of the matter is MN has pretty much dominated their opponent in 3 of the last 4 games. If they show up motivated for this weekend's games, I expect something similar to happen. My only concern (other than the risk of the team trying to mail it in again) is the powerplay - it has been largely ineffective the last couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
            To the clueless dink that thought Rumpel "broke down" in the third, this is what actually happened: the entire UW team broke down. The reason? MN hit them hard and often and pressured them with an aggressive forecheck. For all intents and purposes, MN dominated about 40 minutes of last night's game (the second period was merely a push). The shots ended up being something like 32-12 MN.

The simple fact of the matter is MN has pretty much dominated their opponent in 3 of the last 4 games. If they show up motivated for this weekend's games, I expect something similar to happen. My only concern (other than the risk of the team trying to mail it in again) is the powerplay - it has been largely ineffective the last couple weeks.
            Of course, only the gophers can beat the gophers.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
              See? You're getting it.

Either that or you have no clue on what actually happened in the games in question.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                Is that what I said? No. MN can dominate a game and still lose - they very nearly did against UND, and if Patterson hadn't made a couple key saves when it was 1-1 last night, they might have lost that game as well. Opposing goalies play a huge role in this. However, with that said, if MN shows up motivated, I expect them to dominate much of the time. They clearly have the players and depth to do that. Just ask the fans of UW and UND if you don't believe me. Of course, I'm sure you'd rather continue with your eye rolling sarcastic and ill-informed quips that show your limited-to-nonexistent reading comprehension.

Comment

Originally posted by brenthoven View Post
                  see? You're getting it.

Either that or you have no clue on what actually happened in the games in question.
                  C. All

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                  And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                  Twenty red lights in his honor
                  Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                    The simple fact of the matter is MN has pretty much dominated their opponent in 3 of the last 4 games. If they show up motivated for this weekend's games, I expect something similar to happen.
                    I am glad that the Gophers wins over a struggling UND, a bad Wisconsin team and a horrible Anchorage team have you drinking the Kool Aid. This SCSU team is better than advertised and I would be surprised if they don't take at least one point next weekend.
                    Originally posted by SJHovey
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    Originally posted by Brenthoven
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                      I am glad that the Gophers wins over a struggling UND, a bad Wisconsin team and a horrible Anchorage team have you drinking the Kool Aid. This SCSU team is better than advertised and I would be surprised if they don't take at least one point next weekend.
                      You split with the Landcows. Just sayin'.

Comment

And you split at home with Vermont. Your point?
                        Originally posted by SJHovey
                        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                        Originally posted by Brenthoven
                        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Same as yours.

Comment

Somebody's conveniently forgetting U-M-DEEEEE!?

Comment

We didn't lose to Wisconsin, you guys did though.
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Nice to see some of the Gopher fans are handling winning about as well as they handled losing the last 3 years.

Looking forward to this series. I expect a split with home teams prevailing each night.

Comment

Working...
                                X