Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Merrimack is clearly the odds on favorite.
    haha, I get your point...

Could they? Sure... But I just dont think like that and haven't heard a Goph fan outright say they think the Gophs will win the NCAA this year. I'm sure they're out there tho. I'm just happy they're playing competitively as a team.

Comment

My post was grammatically correct

Actually, you improperly used "an" in place of "a" in the post I was referencing. I know, I was shocked as well. You know, with that superior education you received at the UM.

Thanks for your words of encouragement. It means a lot coming from such a seasoned Goon Bag like yourself. I am obviously very green here (still under 500 posts).

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
        I agree, with all of it. There are only a small number of Goon Bag gopher fans(Brent, Bakunin) that make the majority of condescending remarks. Most are good hockey fans and are above that. What I get a kick out of is the Jan Brady State deal. I have never even seen a Brady Bunch episode. Way to date yourself. Come up with something original, should be no problem being you attended a superior university and are so intellectually gifted. Meanwhile Brenthoven and Bakunin have over 100K posts between the two of them. Really impressive. Especially like the "stop looking in the mirror while you post." That pretty much sealed sending my children to the UM for that superior education, us lowly Huskies could never come up with something so witty.

UM has proven to be the better team so far this season. Will that change this weekend? I hope so, but I am not holding my breath. Huskies have not lost at home this year and always play the Gophers tough. I think Friday's game will be a North/South shoot out and the Huskies hang on to a one goal lead and end it on an ENG 6-4 win. Tommy gets wingies!. Sat the Gophers will take care of business at home.
        Hypocrisy at its finest.

Comment

The reason this thread is so thin is because SCSU has ab-so-lute-ly nothing to add to it.

The Gophers have a wealth of success to draw upon and debate. They've added many wonderful chapters to the story of college hockey. They've fallen short on some occasions, yes, but that adds to the fabric of the club history.

In short, the Gophers have many branches on their tree from which to discuss and debate.

SCSU has no such rich history. They're known foremost for NCAA playoff futility. Indeed, for the first time in 14 attempts, they became something other than just an NCAA playoff fluffer.

In short, SCSU's hockey program resembles a Stearns County family tree.

There is nothing there to work with.

And it's easily dismantled.

Comment

Actually, you improperly used "an" in place of "a" in the post I was referencing.
            It's proper. The filter on this site makes it impossible to know exactly what people mean when you see asterisks, but the seven-letter term that I used started with a vowel, which means "an" must precede it. You wouldn't say "a anus", would you? Granted, there's other combinations of vulgarity that fit the seven letter profile, but I went with the simplest and most obvious one.
            Thanks for your words of encouragement. It means a lot coming from such a seasoned Goon Bag like yourself. I am obviously very green here (still under 500 posts).
            Give it time - if you truly offend enough people, you'll go from green to red. I suggest neg repping a bunch of people that have Extra and signing the rep as "rimbaud". They really get a kick out of things like that.

Oh for ****'s sake, I see a post referencing Stearns county family trees and yet not a single joke about inbreeding or the billboard that says they do cows? Such a letdown. I can't help but wonder if Craig Dahl was behind that post somehow. Was anyone else pi-r-squared by it?
            Last edited by Bakunin; 11-16-2011, 09:49 AM.

Comment

It's proper. The filter on this site makes it impossible to know exactly what people mean when you see asterisks, but the seven-letter term that I used started with a vowel, which means "an" must precede it. You wouldn't say "a anus", would you? Granted, there's other combinations of vulgarity that fit the seven letter profile, but I went with the simplest and most obvious one.
              Fair enough. I called you a Goon Bag and assumed that is what you were embracing. **** this censorship that deprives us of conveying our true feelings!

**** all of you rodents! (Except Wes, he likes to fish and we are friends). Huskies Sweep! 6-4 & 3-1.
              Last edited by Bronzebacks; 11-16-2011, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                Bottles, Goldy doesn't need to correct you to validate his life; he's a cake-eater and already knows he's better than you.
                EXACTLY!

The your/you're thing just annoys me for some reason.

Comment

Fair enough. I called you a Goon Bag and assumed that is what you were embracing. **** this censorship that deprives us of conveying our true feelings!

**** all of you rodents! (Except Wes, he likes to fish and we are friends). Huskies Sweep! 6-4 & 3-1.
                  What he said.
                  Bob is making me concerned
                  I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post

Give it time - if you truly offend enough people, you'll go from green to red. I suggest neg repping a bunch of people that have Extra and signing the rep as "rimbaud". They really get a kick out of things like that.

You guys got me with that a couple of years ago when I was green(er). Hilarious. I only found out because I positively repped him and asked him how in the heck he could neg me 7 times in a couple of hours. The actual Rimbaud gave me pos rep and let me in on the secret.

I've got Extra now, so don't even think about it.

Okay, back to tearing each other to pieces...

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
                      The reason this thread is so thin is because SCSU has ab-so-lute-ly nothing to add to it.

The Gophers have a wealth of success to draw upon and debate. They've added many wonderful chapters to the story of college hockey. They've fallen short on some occasions, yes, but that adds to the fabric of the club history.

In short, the Gophers have many branches on their tree from which to discuss and debate.

SCSU has no such rich history. They're known foremost for NCAA playoff futility. Indeed, for the first time in 14 attempts, they became something other than just an NCAA playoff fluffer.

In short, SCSU's hockey program resembles a Stearns County family tree.

There is nothing there to work with.

And it's easily dismantled.
                      The Gophers have great college hockey history, correct. HISTORY. Not a kid on this team knows what its like to make the NCAAs. For the first time in recorded history, the current SCSU team has more kids with an NCAA win than the Gophers, and its not even CLOSE.

You wanna talk about this weekend? Then talk about Patterson's shutouts, or their ability to win games in Duluth that they shouldn't have. Their poise in a loud building when UND came to town or bouncing back Saturday at the Kohl. But seriously, what the hell does a team full of long-gone players winning an NC a decade ago have to do with Bjugstad, Rau or Budish's likelihood of scoring a game-winner this weekend?
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by mariucci View Post
                        haha, I get your point...

Could they? Sure... But I just dont think like that and haven't heard a Goph fan outright say they think the Gophs will win the NCAA this year. I'm sure they're out there tho. I'm just happy they're playing competitively as a team.
                        We're already the champions of October, so what's stopping us? Besides it's not like we've played anyone or have anyone on our upcoming schedule to worry about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                          Maybe WI would loan SCSU the axe. That would motivate them for Friday, right?
                          Nah, in this state we actually care about the game being played on the ice

Should be a fun series. Two team's that like to run and gun who are fairly inexperienced defensively. I think goaltending and special team's are going to play a big role in determining the outcome of this series, and I think the Gophers have the edge in both departments.

I'm predicting the gophers take 3 points. Tie on Friday and win on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            The Gophers have great college hockey history, correct. HISTORY. Not a kid on this team knows what its like to make the NCAAs. For the first time in recorded history, the current SCSU team has more kids with an NCAA win than the Gophers, and its not even CLOSE.

You wanna talk about this weekend? Then talk about Patterson's shutouts, or their ability to win games in Duluth that they shouldn't have. Their poise in a loud building when UND came to town or bouncing back Saturday at the Kohl. But seriously, what the hell does a team full of long-gone players winning an NC a decade ago have to do with Bjugstad, Rau or Budish's likelihood of scoring a game-winner this weekend?
                            Simple. Those banners which are for actually WINNING something likely played a role in bringing quality players to our team this year. Those players you mentioned are top notch talent so the likelihood of one of them scoring a gwg is high. Does SCSU recruit talent by saing, "hey, if you're lucky you may play in an NCAA tourament game someday just like all these husky greats from the past." I bet kids walking in to see our championship banners pause and think what it would be like to win one of their own. Can't do that at your rink.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post

These Brady Bunch watching, has been, goon bags are living in the past Euro.

I say on to the future! Friday, we are going to ****s you up! Takes the money!

Comment

Gophers fans always believe their team has the upper hand. By rights you should, but when they are good and at the top of the polls, Saint Cloud always finds a way to upset them. Which in turn, makes this series much more fun when the gophers are good. Unlike the last three years.

Comment

Working...
                                X