Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    Who made that argument?
    Clueless SCSU fans grasping for something, anything, to discredit the Gophers early season achievements.

Comment

• Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
      Clueless SCSU fans grasping for something, anything, to discredit the Gophers early season achievements.
      I don't discredit it. I do discredit the opinions of other mouthbreathers in your fanbase implying that this small sample size makes the Gophers the odds-on favorite to win the NCAA Title. Ergo: Champions of October.
      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

This thread just makes me sad.
        Jerking off to your salary and being a total ******* based on your perceived notions of intellectual capabilities, or limitations?
        I've never much cared for any of the SCSU fans I've met in person, but I'd take any of them over the pompous **** I've seen from some Gopher fans this week.
        It's one thing to have fun with the whole "Gopher Arrogance" bit when it is done tongue-in-cheek. But some folks are just being *******s for no other reason than to be an *******.

That being said...
        I think the Gophers are a better team than St. Cloud, and I'll be disappointed with anything less than 3 pts this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
          Jerking off to your salary and being a total ******* based on your perceived notions of intellectual capabilities, or limitations?
          I've never much cared for any of the SCSU fans I've met in person, but I'd take any of them over the pompous **** I've seen from some Gopher fans this week.
          It's one thing to have fun with the whole "Gopher Arrogance" bit when it is done tongue-in-cheek. But some folks are just being *******s for no other reason than to be an *******.

That being said...
          I think the Gophers are a better team than St. Cloud, and I'll be disappointed with anything less than 3 pts this weekend.
          I agree, with all of it. There are only a small number of Goon Bag gopher fans(Brent, Bakunin) that make the majority of condescending remarks. Most are good hockey fans and are above that. What I get a kick out of is the Jan Brady State deal. I have never even seen a Brady Bunch episode. Way to date yourself. Come up with something original, should be no problem being you attended a superior university and are so intellectually gifted. Meanwhile Brenthoven and Bakunin have over 100K posts between the two of them. Really impressive. Especially like the "stop looking in the mirror while you post." That pretty much sealed sending my children to the UM for that superior education, us lowly Huskies could never come up with something so witty.

UM has proven to be the better team so far this season. Will that change this weekend? I hope so, but I am not holding my breath. Huskies have not lost at home this year and always play the Gophers tough. I think Friday's game will be a North/South shoot out and the Huskies hang on to a one goal lead and end it on an ENG 6-4 win. Tommy gets wingies!. Sat the Gophers will take care of business at home.

Comment

That being said...
            One order of disappointment, hold tArrogance.... are you dining in or did you want that to go?
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
              I don't discredit it. I do discredit the opinions of other mouthbreathers in your fanbase implying that this small sample size makes the Gophers the odds-on favorite to win the NCAA Title. Ergo: Champions of October.
              LOL

No one's making that argument either. This thread is typical USCHO. Everyone changes the subject to fit their own agenda.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
                Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen SCSU fans bagging on the gophs for their strong start. Some have suggested a strong start doesn't guarantee a strong finish which doesn't seem controversial to me.

From what I've seen your squad is deserving of the #1 ranking at this point in the season and I agree with Stauber they are the better team right now. But the better team doesn't always win.

I would be very happy with a split but not at all surprised if the gophers sweep. We're starting a freshman goalie, lost our leading scorer and captain, have a very young defense, etc. Lots of reasons why the huskies shouldn't win....
                "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  LOL

No one's making that argument either. This thread is typical USCHO. Everyone changes the subject to fit their own agenda.
                  Exactly.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I'll take champions of october versus middle of the pack no name team that many out of state fans can't locate on a map.

Comment

Fans are happy the Gophs are playing at this level but I doubt anyone believes the Gophs will win an NCAA..

Comment

Originally posted by mariucci View Post
                        Fans are happy the Gophs are playing at this level but I doubt anyone believes the Gophs will win an NCAA..
                        Merrimack is clearly the odds on favorite.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                          I agree, with all of it. There are only a small number of Goon Bag gopher fans(Brent, Bakunin) that make the majority of condescending remarks. Most are good hockey fans and are above that. What I get a kick out of is the Jan Brady State deal. I have never even seen a Brady Bunch episode. Way to date yourself. Come up with something original, should be no problem being you attended a superior university and are so intellectually gifted. Meanwhile Brenthoven and Bakunin have over 100K posts between the two of them. Really impressive. Especially like the "stop looking in the mirror while you post." That pretty much sealed sending my children to the UM for that superior education, us lowly Huskies could never come up with something so witty.

1. In other words, "I won't be the goon bag that Gopher fans are being, and call the opposition names." Try and hide that hypocrisy a little better next time, mmkay?

2. The post count argument? Yep, you're done, sluggo.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

That being said...
                            Well said. I was biting my tongue to not say something about the constant references to salary, great job/career, education, etc and I'm glad it was another gopher fan that brought it up. This guy gets it.

I agree on the Gophers being a better team than St. Cloud at this point, but I'm still expecting at least 2 points for the Huskies and wouldn't be surprised if they got more.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                              I agree on the Gophers being a better team than St. Cloud at this point, but I'm still expecting at least 2 points for the Huskies and wouldn't be surprised if they got more.
                              Sure you do. After all, everyone is taking 2+ points from the Gophers this year. It's only logical.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It makes me ammused. It's like the UMN-SCSU threads of old! Now I'll expect some unsigned, negative rep from some thin skinned JBSU fan in response just like the old days!

Comment

Working...
                                X