Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Brokebacks or I mean Bronzebacks home video.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
      I'm guessing Rau is pretty arrogant too, but Budish will always have the "new money" trump card.
      Actually, Rau is a pretty modest guy from what I've heard.

Comment

That's right Sandy....Where do you think Rinkpig got his moniker from? Don't worry, he can't do the things you do. You'll always have a special place in my tent.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
          No one else seems to have taken your bait, but since I was the one making the wisecrack, I will try to give you a slight rundown on your question.

1. UND - hands down the most
          2. UMD - they always have their crew that invades the student section or SRO as well as a strong showing in the regular seating
          3. UW - they could maybe be #2 but IMO, I still say UMD
          I think 4-8 could be interchangable
          4. Denver
          5. St. Cloud
          6. Mankato
          7. Bemidji
          8. CC
          9. Tech - although I think they could easily be in the 4-8 mix as well
          10. UNO - could also be in that mix
          11. AA - just a handful ever make the trip

Quite honestly, 4-11 are pretty even.
          Admittedly I have never been to a DU @ MN game, but I have a hard time believing that they bring more fans than SCSU bc in years when DU is seeded #1 or 2 at the Final Five I see less than a dozen people wearing Pioneer clothes. So they go for two nights at Mariucci but not 3 at the X?

And are you sure there are a ton of UMD fans at Gopher games? I mean, its **** near impossible to tell, you wanna talk about somebody ripping off somebody else wholesale
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
            Actually, Rau is a pretty modest guy from what I've heard.
            I think they are just joking around about the fact that he is from Eden Prairie.
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by motox View Post
              Wow, such insight. Guenztel was able to develop these guys in one month? AMAZING! You're right though, I'm sure none of it had to do with different players, line combos, chemistry, attitude, etc. Someone mentioned they didn't think confidence was a problem the past few seasons, well, I know the fans are arrogant as all hell but that doesn't automatically mean the players are. Except for Budish, he's from Edina so he must be arrogant.
              I think overconfidence more than lack of confidence was a factor. Seemed like our teams of the past several years thought they just had to show up and were entitled to win. Doesn't work that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                I think they are just joking around about the fact that he is from Eden Prairie.
                Gotcha. Then I agree

Comment

He's just defending him because he's from Eden Prairie too.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                    Wow, such insight. Guenztel was able to develop these guys in one month? AMAZING! You're right though, I'm sure none of it had to do with different players, line combos, chemistry, attitude, etc. Someone mentioned they didn't think confidence was a problem the past few seasons, well, I know the fans are arrogant as all hell but that doesn't automatically mean the players are. Except for Budish, he's from Edina so he must be arrogant.
                    Believe what you want.

Is it coincedental that the minute Guentzel leaves the defense blows, the hustle disappears, and the development becomes a joke, upon his return it all starts to come together again?

As far as the arrogance? I need more detail please. How was my comment arrogant or how in the world does that fit into this discussion about Guentzel? I can say your version of a response was a bit condescending and snide crying out for an arrogant responce, but I suppose since being a Gopher fan that would just reaffirm your narrow views of the fanbase which likely includes your family members, neighbors and coworkers.

I was an EOD tech in the service and a 16yr vet as a Dakota Cty police officer so forgive me for believing that what I see is what it is.. I don't waste my time wondering if whats walking like a duck and quaking like a duck is a donkey... Concerning Guentzel's impact on the above mentioned. It is what it is, no need to over think it.

Is that insight enough for you?
                    Last edited by mariucci; 11-15-2011, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      Admittedly I have never been to a DU @ MN game, but I have a hard time believing that they bring more fans than SCSU bc in years when DU is seeded #1 or 2 at the Final Five I see less than a dozen people wearing Pioneer clothes. So they go for two nights at Mariucci but not 3 at the X?

And are you sure there are a ton of UMD fans at Gopher games? I mean, its **** near impossible to tell, you wanna talk about somebody ripping off somebody else wholesale
                      Like I said, 4-8 were all pretty interchangeable and this is just my take, I know it is probably is wrong and other Gopher fans feel differently. Again, I was just trying to make a joke about how close cloud is and how few fans make the "trip".

As for your Duluth comment: I know right? Sometimes you don't realize how many of them are there until they score.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                        He's just defending him because he's from Eden Prairie too.
                        I didn't even see that at first. Ha!

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Like I said, 4-8 were all pretty interchangeable and this is just my take, I know it is probably is wrong and other Gopher fans feel differently. Again, I was just trying to make a joke about how close cloud is and how few fans make the "trip".

As for your Duluth comment: I know right? Sometimes you don't realize how many of them are there until they score.
                          I have the UMD games on my DVR and that fanbase all but disappeared during the game half way thru the 1st period.. I couldn't believe it, they just won an NCAA and walked out of the game because they were losing... I went to the 2nd game and it was a great game, but the seats were half empty during the 3rd period..

Comment

Well I apologize if you've been in a thread where I mentioned this before, but I actually am very impressed with how well we travel considering our size. UW, MSU-M, MN, UMD, UND, we get fans in those buildings, (we actually have a pretty high percentage at MSU-M) and when you consider how small our fanbase is... 90+% of the adults wearing SCSU jerseys in those buildings attended SCSU. The radius of "Husky Country" is about 30 miles, and its more of an island, becase even if you go north that becomes "Gopher Country" again pretty quick. And while some people live in St. Cloud and cheer for the Huskies without having gone to the school, they usually don't care enough to go to road games.

The Gophers are like the Yankees in that they get the bandwagoners, and I don't mean to lump the people on this board in with them, I'm sure almost none of you are. But if you guys had a run-of-the-mill or crummy performance history, then you wouldn't come out of the woodworks everywhere. I'm a Lakers fan, but I hate all the Lakers fans I know. Some tool from Oklahoma who just wants to cheer for a winner can suck it; I'm from Minnesota and Southern California, and when I was a kid there were no MN teams, just a team in LA that was originally from MN. I also cheer for the Dodgers, LA Kings and UCLA (and hate USC), so I take the bad with the good. Hell, basketball is the sport I care the least about EASILY, so of course when you throw that in with the Vikings, its almost a laugh that I can't seem to support anyone that wins a championship except the one I care about the least.

So I know Gopher fans love tArrogance and 5...6...7 NCs, but I am happy going to the Kohl or the Ralph or the Qwest and seeing the handful of fans on a not very popular team stand up and cheer.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              Well I apologize if you've been in a thread where I mentioned this before, but I actually am very impressed with how well we travel considering our size. UW, MSU-M, MN, UMD, UND, we get fans in those buildings, (we actually have a pretty high percentage at MSU-M) and when you consider how small our fanbase is... 90+% of the adults wearing SCSU jerseys in those buildings attended SCSU. The radius of "Husky Country" is about 30 miles, and its more of an island, becase even if you go north that becomes "Gopher Country" again pretty quick. And while some people live in St. Cloud and cheer for the Huskies without having gone to the school, they usually don't care enough to go to road games.

The Gophers are like the Yankees in that they get the bandwagoners, and I don't mean to lump the people on this board in with them, I'm sure almost none of you are. But if you guys had a run-of-the-mill or crummy performance history, then you wouldn't come out of the woodworks everywhere. I'm a Lakers fan, but I hate all the Lakers fans I know. Some tool from Oklahoma who just wants to cheer for a winner can suck it; I'm from Minnesota and Southern California, and when I was a kid there were no MN teams, just a team in LA that was originally from MN. I also cheer for the Dodgers, LA Kings and UCLA (and hate USC), so I take the bad with the good. Hell, basketball is the sport I care the least about EASILY, so of course when you throw that in with the Vikings, its almost a laugh that I can't seem to support anyone that wins a championship except the one I care about the least.

So I know Gopher fans love tArrogance and 5...6...7 NCs, but I am happy going to the Kohl or the Ralph or the Qwest and seeing the handful of fans on a not very popular team stand up and cheer.
                              Cloud has a great fanbase..

Im thinking about heading up for the game on Friday ut not sure if tix are readily available, I haven't looked into it.. I havent been to that arena yet...

Comment

Originally posted by mariucci View Post
                                Cloud has a great fanbase..

Im thinking about heading up for the game on Friday ut not sure if tix are readily available, I haven't looked into it.. I havent been to that arena yet...
                                Haven't lived there for a few years, but yikes.... I dunno. Maybe SRO, maybe not even that. Even when we have crappy years, we usually can sell out the Gopher games pretty easy, even if the crowd sucks for the rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X