PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

ScoobyDoo
11-16-2011, 08:13 AM
I don't discredit it. I do discredit the opinions of other mouthbreathers in your fanbase implying that this small sample size makes the Gophers the odds-on favorite to win the NCAA Title. Ergo: Champions of October.

LOL

No one's making that argument either. This thread is typical USCHO. Everyone changes the subject to fit their own agenda.

Dirty Bottles
11-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Clueless SCSU fans grasping for something, anything, to discredit the Gophers early season achievements.

Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen SCSU fans bagging on the gophs for their strong start. Some have suggested a strong start doesn't guarantee a strong finish which doesn't seem controversial to me.

From what I've seen your squad is deserving of the #1 ranking at this point in the season and I agree with Stauber they are the better team right now. But the better team doesn't always win.

I would be very happy with a split but not at all surprised if the gophers sweep. We're starting a freshman goalie, lost our leading scorer and captain, have a very young defense, etc. Lots of reasons why the huskies shouldn't win....

The Rube
11-16-2011, 08:22 AM
LOL

No one's making that argument either. This thread is typical USCHO. Everyone changes the subject to fit their own agenda.

Exactly.

Tiggsy
11-16-2011, 08:23 AM
I don't discredit it. I do discredit the opinions of other mouthbreathers in your fanbase implying that this small sample size makes the Gophers the odds-on favorite to win the NCAA Title. Ergo: Champions of October.

I'll take champions of october versus middle of the pack no name team that many out of state fans can't locate on a map. :p

mariucci
11-16-2011, 08:24 AM

Fans are happy the Gophs are playing at this level but I doubt anyone believes the Gophs will win an NCAA..

JF_Gophers
11-16-2011, 08:26 AM
Fans are happy the Gophs are playing at this level but I doubt anyone believes the Gophs will win an NCAA..Merrimack is clearly the odds on favorite.

The Rube
11-16-2011, 08:33 AM
I agree, with all of it. There are only a small number of Goon Bag gopher fans(Brent, Bakunin) that make the majority of condescending remarks. Most are good hockey fans and are above that. What I get a kick out of is the Jan Brady State deal. I have never even seen a Brady Bunch episode. Way to date yourself. Come up with something original, should be no problem being you attended a superior university and are so intellectually gifted. Meanwhile Brenthoven and Bakunin have over 100K posts between the two of them. Really impressive. Especially like the "stop looking in the mirror while you post." That pretty much sealed sending my children to the UM for that superior education, us lowly Huskies could never come up with something so witty.

1. In other words, "I won't be the goon bag that Gopher fans are being, and call the opposition names." Try and hide that hypocrisy a little better next time, mmkay?

2. The post count argument? Yep, you're done, sluggo.

motox
11-16-2011, 08:34 AM
This thread just makes me sad.
Jerking off to your salary and being a total ******* based on your perceived notions of intellectual capabilities, or limitations?
I've never much cared for any of the SCSU fans I've met in person, but I'd take any of them over the pompous **** I've seen from some Gopher fans this week.
It's one thing to have fun with the whole "Gopher Arrogance" bit when it is done tongue-in-cheek. But some folks are just being *******s for no other reason than to be an *******.

That being said...
I think the Gophers are a better team than St. Cloud, and I'll be disappointed with anything less than 3 pts this weekend.

Well said. I was biting my tongue to not say something about the constant references to salary, great job/career, education, etc and I'm glad it was another gopher fan that brought it up. This guy gets it.

I agree on the Gophers being a better team than St. Cloud at this point, but I'm still expecting at least 2 points for the Huskies and wouldn't be surprised if they got more.

ScoobyDoo
11-16-2011, 08:42 AM
I agree on the Gophers being a better team than St. Cloud at this point, but I'm still expecting at least 2 points for the Huskies and wouldn't be surprised if they got more.

Sure you do. After all, everyone is taking 2+ points from the Gophers this year. It's only logical.

goldy_331
11-16-2011, 08:45 AM

It makes me ammused. It's like the UMN-SCSU threads of old! Now I'll expect some unsigned, negative rep from some thin skinned JBSU fan in response just like the old days!

Bakunin
11-16-2011, 08:46 AM
Good. The tears of the whiners sustain us.

It's one thing to have fun with the whole "Gopher Arrogance" bit when it is done tongue-in-cheek. But some folks are just being *******s for no other reason than to be an *******.
Stop the presses! People are acting like ****s in a thread! Oh the humanity!

Aw, bronzebacks, how sweet of you. Goon bags? Really? And you are rendering judgment on our lack of originality? Too ****ing funny.

I've got news for you clods - without lively insulting banter to fill the void of time leading up to the actual playing of the games, all we'd be left with is actual hockey talk. We've already seen how incapable people like FTLT are of engaging in that, so we're left with what we have thus far: lots of insults and whining (i.e. the stuff that is supposed to occupy threads involving these teams).

JF_Gophers
11-16-2011, 08:50 AM
It's always the same stuff in every thread, so I am not sure why anyone is surprised. Don't come to USCHO and act surprised that 90% of the threads here are inane drivel. Your best option is to just stop coming here. That way everyone will be happy.

Standard Posts:

Your team sucks
Your fan base sucks
You suck
You're arrogant
Your school doesn't matter
You're Jealous
Your mom
Polls don't matter
Your team hasn't played anyone
Simple Math
#>#

motox
11-16-2011, 08:51 AM
Sure you do. After all, everyone is taking 2+ points from the Gophers this year. It's only logical.

Well, just last weekend a pretty down Wisconsin team took two points from the Gophers. Even then my expectation still probably isn't "logical", but just ill advised homerism. Regardless, it's what I'm expecting coming into the series.

Bronzebacks
11-16-2011, 08:53 AM
Good. The tears of the whiners sustain us.

Stop the presses! People are acting like ****s in a thread! Oh the humanity!

Aw, bronzebacks, how sweet of you. Goon bags? Really? And you are rendering judgment on our lack of originality? Too ****ing funny.

Let me spell it out for you. There is a Sue fan who calls himself Goon. He has so frequently earned the title of D-Bag that "Goon" and word that sounds like "dooosh" are now universally interchangeable. You are not quite to his level yet, but I see you have real promise.

ScoobyDoo
11-16-2011, 08:58 AM
Well, just last weekend a pretty down Wisconsin team took two points from the Gophers. Even then my expectation still probably isn't "logical", but just ill advised homerism. Regardless, it's what I'm expecting coming into the series.

Sure. SCSU should do more than any other team has done this season so far. Absolutely. No question about it.

Dirty Bottles
11-16-2011, 09:00 AM
It's always the same stuff in every thread, so I am not sure why anyone is surprised. Don't come to USCHO and act surprised that 90% of the threads here are inane drivel. Your best option is to just stop coming here. That way everyone will be happy.

Standard Posts:

Your team sucks
Your fan base sucks
You suck
You're arrogant
Your school doesn't matter
You're Jealous
Your mom
Polls don't matter
Your team hasn't played anyone
Simple Math
#>#

JF Gopher,

Your team sucks because, well your fan base sucks. You suck becuase you're an arrogant ***** even though your school doesn't matter. You're jealous becuase your mom likes poles more then hockey. And yeah, you're team hasn't played anyone - it's simple math.

How did I do? :)

Bakunin
11-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Let me spell it out for you. There is a Sue fan who calls himself Goon.
I've heard of that guy. Despite his inability to spell or use proper grammar, he's strangely more lucid than you. I'm trying to make sense of this, so please help me out: you go to great lengths to whine about the conduct of some of us because it bothers you for some reason. You then pass a moral judgment on how it isn't right for people to act in this fashion. Lastly, you insult said people. How exactly does that pass muster? As for me, I'm fine with being called an *******. I embrace it. You, on the other hand, seem to be walking this strange little line of hypocrisy. You want to condemn people for hurling insults while insulting them yourself. Come on, drop the moral high ground act and go to the dark side. Call us ****ers. Have fun with it. Don't join the scared quivering masses of **** who constantly whine about how mistreated they are.

He has so frequently earned the title of D-Bag that "Goon" and word that sounds like "dooosh" are now universally interchangeable.
Leave the poor guy alone - his team is in a rebuilding year for a change, and he might not make it through the winter.

You are not quite to his level yet, but I see you have real promise.
I'd have to be really sloppy with my syntax and such to approach his level. Even after five or six beers, I don't think I could be that far gone.

JF_Gophers
11-16-2011, 09:04 AM
JF Gopher,

Your team sucks because, well your fan base sucks. You suck becuase you're an arrogant ***** even though your school doesn't matter. You're jealous becuase your mom likes poles more then hockey. And yeah, you're team hasn't played anyone - it's simple math.

How did I do? :)It took you tens of thousands of posts less than normal to figure it out!

Tiggsy
11-16-2011, 09:07 AM

I'm not sure if suprised is the word as much as disappointed. Disappointed that our team is doing better, tArrogance is back, and our fan base is not the push overs they have been for the past couple of years. It's the old you can dish it out but can't take it argument, which is also standard for message boards.

goldy_331
11-16-2011, 09:10 AM
JF Gopher,

How did I do? :)

Not bad, but you need to work on the your/you're usage. It's "your team hasn't played anyone."