Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
    SCSU fans can cherry pick all the data they want to extrapolate how Fiday and Saturday will unfold.

But the fact remains that since SCSU joined the WCHA they've never been more than an occasional flash-in-the-pan.

At best.

For those SCSU fans who question the Gophers consistency vs. their ranking, hey, look in the mirror.
    Never said it WOULD happen that way, just meant saying SCSU sweeping and scoring 8 or 9 goals on the weekend is impossible means you don't know this rivalry. Last time one of these teams swept it was SCSU, two seasons ago, and they managed to score 8. We've got some of the guys involved in that weekend who still play for us, which has more bearing than how many NCs you guys are claiming this week
    Last edited by SCSU Euro; 11-15-2011, 12:49 PM.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      Never said it WOULD happen that way, just meant saying SCSU sweeping and scoring 8 or 9 goals on the weekend is impossible means you don't know this rivalry. Last time one of these teams swept it was SCSU, two seasons ago, and they managed to score 8. We've got some of the guys involved in that weekend who still play for us, which has more bearing than how many NCs you guys are claiming this week
      It's certainly possible. These games are certainly fast-paced and high scoring.

Comment

• Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        Nice dig...

For future reference: League Championships are not to be confused with National Championships. And until you have 1 of those its probably in your best interest to not engage in that discussion..

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
          Guentzel likely plays a role, but I don't think it's near the level many of you are claiming. Lucia being fully healthy....sure that plays into it a little bit, but again, not as much as people are saying. Seems like more people want to give credit to the coaching changes/staff than the kids themselves. Lucia's systems are still there, his oversight never left but the players are executing. Confidence goes a hell of a long ways. Having Sacred Heart to start the year probably did more than most think. Patterson was there last year but he's playing at a higher level now, especially after starting the year with two shutouts his confidence skyrocketed. The PP clicked right away playing a much less talented team, but it helps build confidence that the things they work on in practice will actually work in a game. So much of it is a mindset (and yes, the coaches play a role in that.)

One reason it could take a turn for the worse, yeah, the schedule is part of it (especially in Jan/Feb.) At UND, CC at home, H&H w/ SCSU, @Denver. That's a rough stretch. I'll fully admit at this point the series with us is probably the "easiest" in that group. Injuries, chemistry issues, etc can happen and right now in this first 12 game stretch it's been going the gophers way. Personally, I plan on seeing all of that start to change sometime around 7:37PM Friday night.
          Development was garbage, defense was garbage, hustle was non existant... Those all equate to coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            I wasn't just taking a shot at you, I'm serious. soh, Slap Shot, Bak, anybody out there wanna give their best guess as to how good the attendance is from the opposing fan bases? Rank the whole WCHA. Though I suppose with UNO probably pretty hard to do. So if you wanna throw them out, that's fine, then go one through ten.
            No one else seems to have taken your bait, but since I was the one making the wisecrack, I will try to give you a slight rundown on your question.

1. UND - hands down the most
            2. UMD - they always have their crew that invades the student section or SRO as well as a strong showing in the regular seating
            3. UW - they could maybe be #2 but IMO, I still say UMD
            I think 4-8 could be interchangable
            4. Denver
            5. St. Cloud
            6. Mankato
            7. Bemidji
            8. CC
            9. Tech - although I think they could easily be in the 4-8 mix as well
            10. UNO - could also be in that mix
            11. AA - just a handful ever make the trip

Quite honestly, 4-11 are pretty even.
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
              No one else seems to have taken your bait, but since I was the one making the wisecrack, I will try to give you a slight rundown on your question.

1. UND - hands down the most
              2. UMD - they always have their crew that invades the student section or SRO as well as a strong showing in the regular seating
              3. UW - they could maybe be #2 but IMO, I still say UMD
              I think 4-8 could be interchangable
              4. Denver
              5. St. Cloud
              6. Mankato
              7. Bemidji
              8. CC
              9. Tech - although I think they could easily be in the 4-8 mix as well
              10. UNO - could also be in that mix
              11. AA - just a handful ever make the trip

Quite honestly, 4-11 are pretty even.
              And that list has changed over the years. There was a time when UW was clearly #1. In fact, the Gophers used to move one of the Border Battle games to a bigger venue, the old Met and later Target Center for the extra fans, many in red.

There were a couple years when SCSU was up at or near the top too, but it's been a while.

Comment

Originally posted by mariucci View Post
                Development was garbage, defense was garbage, hustle was non existant... Those all equate to coaching.
                Wow, such insight. Guenztel was able to develop these guys in one month? AMAZING! You're right though, I'm sure none of it had to do with different players, line combos, chemistry, attitude, etc. Someone mentioned they didn't think confidence was a problem the past few seasons, well, I know the fans are arrogant as all hell but that doesn't automatically mean the players are. Except for Budish, he's from Edina so he must be arrogant.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                  Ohh that's cute...too bad it's not just restricted to hockey when talking about school logos. Michigan has been playing Football since 1879 and has had the "M" in play since. Do your home work.
                  Who cares about Football.

I think your tent in the mountains is missing you.

Comment

Except for Budish, he's from Edina so he must be arrogant.
                    And again, it's a well deserved arrogance.

Comment

• Originally posted by mariucci View Post
                      Nice dig...

For future reference: League Championships are not to be confused with National Championships. And until you have 1 of those its probably in your best interest to not engage in that discussion..
                      Or an NCAA playoff win

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                        Who cares about Football.

I think your tent in the mountains is missing you.
                        Sorry you got sand in your trap vagina because you have no clue what you are talking about. And no, I can't go camping with you this weekend, But I sure do miss your pretty little mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
                          Or an NCAA playoff win
                          Hey now, they have a shiny banner hanging for that accomplishment.

Comment

Wow, such insight. Guenztel was able to develop these guys in one month? AMAZING! You're right though, I'm sure none of it had to do with different players, line combos, chemistry, attitude, etc. Someone mentioned they didn't think confidence was a problem the past few seasons, well, I know the fans are arrogant as all hell but that doesn't automatically mean the players are. Except for Budish, he's from Edina so he must be arrogant.
                            I'm guessing Rau is pretty arrogant too, but Budish will always have the "new money" trump card.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                              It's certainly possible. These games are certainly fast-paced and high scoring.
                              No. It's not possible. Look who we're talking about here. It's only a few more seasons away from hanging banners for road sweeps.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                                Hey now, they have a shiny banner hanging for that accomplishment.
                                Really? I missed the memo!

Wonders never cease...

Comment

Working...
                                X