Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

FTLT, if you come to Mariucci this Saturday, I'll bring you some tissues. Sooner or later Bakunin calls EVERYONE an idiot (well, except hot chicks he's hitting on), don't feel too special 'cause he's doing it to you this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
      So what do you think has contributed to the Gopher turnaround this year? You obviously do not believe it is due to Hill being gone, or Lucia being fully healthy. So, what is it?
      I'm stupid remember, so my opinion does not matter right Bakunin?
      IMO, being good for 12 games doesn't constitute a "turnaround," not yet.
      And if Lucia's health affected the team that much for 3 seasons, then he should not have been coaching at all.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
        FTLT, if you come to Mariucci this Saturday, I'll bring you some tissues. Sooner or later Bakunin calls EVERYONE an idiot (well, except hot chicks he's hitting on), don't feel too special 'cause he's doing it to you this time.
        Doesn't make it right.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
          I see where you're going with this and I get it. I'm giving you cloud fans a hard time because you are a lot closer than many of the other schools we play in the WCHA and yet the turnout is surprisingly low.

p.s. sconnie doesn't even turn out that many fans at Mariucci.
          I wasn't just taking a shot at you, I'm serious. soh, Slap Shot, Bak, anybody out there wanna give their best guess as to how good the attendance is from the opposing fan bases? Rank the whole WCHA. Though I suppose with UNO probably pretty hard to do. So if you wanna throw them out, that's fine, then go one through ten.
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            And if Lucia's health affected the team that much for 3 seasons, then he should not have been coaching at all.
            I am not Bakunin. I never said you were stupid. I am just surprised that you seemingly know so much about a program that I am sure you loathe. I agree with you on the last point; Lucia should NOT have been coaching at all, and I think quite a few Gopher fans here would agree with that (I could be wrong). As for 12 games constituting a turnaround, it is certainly early, but it is clear to most people (including opposing fans) who have watched the Gophers this year that they are a different team than previous years. IMO, it includes the year they started out 7-0-4.

So then, I ask you this, do you think the Gophers are going to continue playing this well? Or are they going to fade? If they are going to continue playing well, what is the reasoning? If they are going to fade, what is the reasoning?

Comment

So much to agree with here.

You are right that being good for 12 games does not constitute a turn around, but for those of us who watch the team closely it is well beyond that. The style of play and level of effort is so markedly different this year it is unmistakable. Now they may hit a rough patch, may have injury problems or other things that cause them to miss the tournament, but unless they completely revert to the style of the past couple of seasons, it IS a turn around.

I agree that Lucia should not have coached the team given how debilitated he seemed to be. The problem was, there was no better alternative. I'm convinced that that revilation led to the replacement of Hill more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                So much to agree with here.

You are right that being good for 12 games does not constitute a turn around, but for those of us who watch the team closely it is well beyond that. The style of play and level of effort is so markedly different this year it is unmistakable. Now they may hit a rough patch, may have injury problems or other things that cause them to miss the tournament, but unless they completely revert to the style of the past couple of seasons, it IS a turn around.

I agree that Lucia should not have coached the team given how debilitated he seemed to be. The problem was, there was no better alternative. I'm convinced that that revilation led to the replacement of Hill more than anything.
                This is spot on...

Now as long as The Don remains the bench boss it should be written into his contract that Guentzel must remain along side him.. That entire John Hill era was a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                  So then, I ask you this, do you think the Gophers are going to continue playing this well? Or are they going to fade? If they are going to continue playing well, what is the reasoning? If they are going to fade, what is the reasoning?
                  Logic? Reason? How dare you. Gophers have turned it around from the past few seasons, it's easy to see. Patterson is playing a big part of that but so are the forwards and defense. They're playing as a team and doing the little things necessary to have success (backchecking, quick transition, phyical play, etc.) Can they continue at this pace? I doubt it and truthfully hope like hell they don't. But I don't see it going completely south for them as they'll likely finish top 5 (probably even top 3) in the league and make the NCAAs. I'm hopeful the Huskies can help throw things into a little bit of a tailspin for the gopher faithful this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by mariucci View Post
                    This is spot on...

Now as long as The Don remains the bench boss it should be written into his contract that Guentzel must remain along side him.. That entire John Hill era was a joke.
                    I like Guentzel.

I like Guentzel A LOT.

Still, I find it curious that no one has ever considered him as head coach timber and the guy cannot hold a job as an assistant.

There's more at play here than just Guentzel for the resurgance of the hockey team.

Mainly talent.

Comment

Oh, it's a turnaround. There's no question about that. The reason I can say that is because I know (and it's been pointed out) exactly what happened to precipitate the fall. You don't watch the team every week so it's obvious that you don't know the night and day difference that is occurring.

Doesn't mean that they'll hang any bannners. Doesn't mean that they'll make the Final Five or the NCAA's. But, given the Gophers overall history both things are pretty safe bets at this point.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                        Our logo is our attempt to fit in with our Gopher buddies! Just like the Gophers stole Michigan's "M" we had to take the "C".
                        Except we started playing Hockey in 1895, the first recorded Gopher game was against the Winnipeg Victorias, we had the M before the ugly helmets sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                          Logic? Reason? How dare you. Gophers have turned it around from the past few seasons, it's easy to see. Patterson is playing a big part of that but so are the forwards and defense. They're playing as a team and doing the little things necessary to have success (backchecking, quick transition, phyical play, etc.) Can they continue at this pace? I doubt it and truthfully hope like hell they don't. But I don't see it going completely south for them as they'll likely finish top 5 (probably even top 3) in the league and make the NCAAs. I'm hopeful the Huskies can help throw things into a little bit of a tailspin for the gopher faithful this weekend.
                          Thank you for the response. Patterson is certainly playing a big part, but he was here last year too. We definitely got some fantastic frosh, but few would argue that our lack of blue chip recruits has been a problem the past few seasons. Who has instilled this whole "team" thing in them? Since when the hell did we start backchecking and playing physical? IMO, a large part of that has to do with Guentzel coming in, and Lucia being fully healthy.

So what do you think will make the Gophers unable to keep up their current pace? Is it because they have not played anybody yet?

Comment

Okay, so let's say the impossible happens and the Huskies sweep and score 8-9 goals in the process. Then what? Do the Gopher faithful start worrying?
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

...but it would constitute a parade and a hung banner for Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post

So what do you think will make the Gophers unable to keep up their current pace? Is it because they have not played anybody yet?
                                That has been the achilles heel all season.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X