Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    UMD has been DI since 1930, Michigan Tech since 1919. Then you have SCSU, who went DI in 1989.
    Actually, SCSU started in Division I in 1931...of course they gave up after a while. I see a pattern here.
    "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
      And we were lucky enough to see the 5 total SUCS fans that made that loooong drive to Mariucci last year. Maybe we can up it to an even 10 this year for double digits!
      You're in luck Wes. Our Center Ice Club is taking a bus load of fans to Mariucci. 10 should be an achievable number. I heard they even hired a stylist to do free fohawks for the gentlemen on the way down.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
        You're in luck Wes. Our Center Ice Club is taking a bus load of fans to Mariucci. 10 should be an achievable number. I heard they even hired a stylist to do free fohawks for the gentlemen on the way down.
        Here's a tip, don't let Skeeterman dirve. Or Shortbus either.

Comment

Originally posted by firstpusk View Post
          Actually, SCSU started in Division I in 1931...of course they gave up after a while. I see a pattern here.
          Gopher fans, you are not going to claim this guy as one of your own are you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post

I can understand why a team would implode with Hill as its leader, but it isn't like Lucia was never there. He only missed two games.
            But missed the far majority of practices due to the side effects of the steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
              Here's a tip, don't let Skeeterman dirve. Or Shortbus either.
              No worries, Skeeterman is the stylist.

Comment

So not only will there be more than 10 Husky fans in attendance, but they will also have their hair done up all pretty like? Dang, they will fit right in(aside from the wannabe Montreal logo on their apparel)!
                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

And we were lucky enough to see the 5 total SUCS fans that made that loooong drive to Mariucci last year. Maybe we can up it to an even 10 this year for double digits!
                  Was thinking about this... Ok, do me a favor. Somebody put together a list, and I want it to be what they think the highest percentage of opposing fans would be at Mariucci among the WCHA opponents, and rank everybody, 1-11. Obviously I'd assume UW and UND would comfortably have the top two spots, so after that, who shows up to your building to watch a conference matchup wearing the opponents' colors?
                  tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

So not only will there be more than 10 Husky fans in attendance, but they will also have their hair done up all pretty like? Dang, they will fit right in(aside from the wannabe Montreal logo on their apparel)!
                    Our logo is our attempt to fit in with our Gopher buddies! Just like the Gophers stole Michigan's "M" we had to take the "C".

Comment

We make the "long" trip to St. Cloud from the cities for every husky home game but pass on the 15 minute commute to Mpls for the Gopher game. Just too much maroon and gold for my liking

Regarding Lucia and his illness - anyone with half a brain has to get that he hasn't been at full strenght until recently right?? Sure, he was at the games but how well do you perform at your job when you're sick as a dog? If the head coach has no energy, no drive, no attitude it's not hard to see how that carries over to the team. I think it's obvious that one of the key reasons for the gophers rebound this year is Lucia has his mojo back.

Also, I agree with Euro - this thread sucks.
                      "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                        Was thinking about this... Ok, do me a favor. Somebody put together a list, and I want it to be what they think the highest percentage of opposing fans would be at Mariucci among the WCHA opponents, and rank everybody, 1-11. Obviously I'd assume UW and UND would comfortably have the top two spots, so after that, who shows up to your building to watch a conference matchup wearing the opponents' colors?
                        I see where you're going with this and I get it. I'm giving you cloud fans a hard time because you are a lot closer than many of the other schools we play in the WCHA and yet the turnout is surprisingly low.

p.s. sconnie doesn't even turn out that many fans at Mariucci.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
                          We make the "long" trip to St. Cloud from the cities for every husky home game but pass on the 15 minute commute to Mpls for the Gopher game. Just too much maroon and gold for my liking
                          That is your choice. Sounds like a personal problem to me.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

No worries, Skeeterman is the stylist.
                            I figured he'd be in the rear of the bus performing his complimentary colon cleansing that he's so fond of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                              Lucia got sarcoidosis in the middle of that season. It *may* have had something to do with the team ****ting the bed.

FTLT, you're so effing dense, you aren't worth the bandwidth you waste with your posts. If you choose to ignore the explanation offered to you regarding why your fans get crap for being overly optimistic (since your team perpetually fails each spring), that's on you not on us.

Lucia is healthy (unlike '08-'09), and Guentzel has replaced the incompetent Hill. If you can't grasp how these two things might lead to a much better season for MN, then you are seriously beyond help, and your IQ is likely lower than whatever mediocre win total your team ends up with at season's end. The players may not have the tournament experience, but the coaching staff certainly does.
                              Good stratetgy, take multiple shots at someone's intelligence, real good way to make them care about your argument.
                              So Lucia is healthy, was he not last year?
                              The year before?
                              Did his illness really help screw up 3 years worth of Gopher teams?
                              Does one assistant really mean that much?
                              A lot of coaching staffs have tournament experience, even ours.
                              Fact still remains the same, this team hasn't won squat.
                              Why don't you call me stupid some more?
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                                Good stratetgy, take multiple shots at someone's intelligence, real good way to make them care about your argument.
                                So Lucia is healthy, was he not last year?
                                The year before?
                                Did his illness really help screw up 3 years worth of Gopher teams?
                                Does one assistant really mean that much?
                                A lot of coaching staffs have tournament experience, even ours.
                                Fact still remains the same, this team hasn't won squat.
                                Why don't you call me stupid some more?
                                So what do you think has contributed to the Gopher turnaround this year? You obviously do not believe it is due to Hill being gone, or Lucia being fully healthy. So, what is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X