Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

I can't wait until Friday. I missed seeing all of the metrosexual varmint fans with their cute fohawks last season. Glad they will be back in the NHC.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
      I can't wait until Friday. I missed seeing all of the metrosexual varmint fans with their cute fohawks last season. Glad they will be back in the NHC.
      I think you're confused. That was shortbus and his butt buddies, all JBSU fans.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        Only if they win back-to-back NCs in REGULATION. None of this last-minute, overtime garbage.
        I guess that means Jan doesn't have a win in the NCAAs.
        "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
          Lucia got sarcoidosis in the middle of that season. It *may* have had something to do with the team ****ting the bed.

FTLT, you're so effing dense, you aren't worth the bandwidth you waste with your posts. If you choose to ignore the explanation offered to you regarding why your fans get crap for being overly optimistic (since your team perpetually fails each spring), that's on you not on us.

Lucia is healthy (unlike '08-'09), and Guentzel has replaced the incompetent Hill. If you can't grasp how these two things might lead to a much better season for MN, then you are seriously beyond help, and your IQ is likely lower than whatever mediocre win total your team ends up with at season's end. The players may not have the tournament experience, but the coaching staff certainly does.
          You're right. I shouldn't use facts to refute the claims that you Gophers fans make. Clearly, a team that starts 7-0-4 doesn't have the talent to win half of their remaining games unless their coach is at 100%.

What do you Gopher fans want out of this thread? It is okay for you to talk trash about our failures, but when yours get brought up you get sand in your crotch about it and try to act like we are stupid for bringing them up. It isn't our fault that you guys are afraid to face the reality that your team has been no better than ours for the past four years.

I don't like the Sioux fans but at least they can take it as well as dish it out.
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            You're right. I shouldn't use facts to refute the claims that you Gophers fans make. Clearly, a team that starts 7-0-4 doesn't have the talent to win half of their remaining games unless their coach is at 100%.

What do you Gopher fans want out of this thread? It is okay for you to talk trash about our failures, but when yours get brought up you get sand in your crotch about it and try to act like we are stupid for bringing them up. It isn't our fault that you guys are afraid to face the reality that your team has been no better than ours for the past four years.

I don't like the Sioux fans but at least they can take it as well as dish it out.
            Had less to do with talent as it had to do with leadership (on and off the ice), team chemistry, and consistent effort (players with one foot out the door).

Comment

Oh we're fine with our reality of the past four years - because this year will end that stretch in all likelihood.

If you can't understand why a team would implode with Hill as its leader while the real coach is battling an unknown (at the time) illness, then there's nothing more to say.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                And?
                Not one of your teams current players has seen any of those things, they haven't seen an NCAA tourney win, they haven't seen an appearence in the NCAA tourney at all, hell none of them have even seen the weekend at the Final Five.
                Yes... it's the old Sue argument from our series with them, gotcha.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                  Yes... it's the old Sue argument from our series with them, gotcha.
                  First they steal their logo from Montreal, and now they steal their arguments from UND fans? Too bad for them they haven't figured out how to steal their way to a frozen four as of yet.

Comment

First they steal their logo from Montreal, and now they steal their arguments from UND fans? Too bad for them they haven't figured out how to steal their way to a frozen four as of yet.
                    All the other dogs in the WCHA have done that and won it all as well. Ain't not alpha dogs in St. Cloud unless UMD or Tech is in town.
                    "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Oh we're fine with our reality of the past four years - because this year will end that stretch in all likelihood.

If you can't understand why a team would implode with Hill as its leader while the real coach is battling an unknown (at the time) illness, then there's nothing more to say.
                      I can understand why a team would implode with Hill as its leader, but it isn't like Lucia was never there. He only missed two games.
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

If you choose to ignore the explanation offered to you regarding why your fans get crap for being overly optimistic (since your team perpetually fails each spring), that's on you not on us.
                        That is categorically untrue. We didn't even get outta bed last year.
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post

I can understand why a team would implode with Hill as its leader, but it isn't like Lucia was never there. He only missed two games.
                          If you've paid attention and read the various stories that have come out since then, it is abundantly clear that Lucia was not well (or in his right mind) due to the illness and its treatment (steroids). Obviously, it was a major distraction for the team. Plus we all know Hill failed miserably at coaching the defense. The fact they actually play defense in their own end this year is a noticeable change (and a rather dam*ing indictment of Hill).

Comment

Originally posted by firstpusk View Post
                            All the other dogs in the WCHA have done that and won it all as well. Ain't not alpha dogs in St. Cloud unless UMD or Tech is in town.
                            UMD has been DI since 1930, Michigan Tech since 1919. Then you have SCSU, who went DI in 1989.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              That is categorically untrue. We didn't even get outta bed last year.
                              Very valid point! Thanks for bringing that up.
                              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                                And we were lucky enough to see the 5 total SUCS fans that made that loooong drive to Mariucci last year. Maybe we can up it to an even 10 this year for double digits!
                                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X