X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    You should get new material.
    That horse is so dead the carcass has been picked clean.
    When your fans continue to be the gift that keeps on giving - such as crowing about regular season wins - it's all good. Hope you enjoyed the recent 3 year Gophers slide.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      When your fans continue to be the gift that keeps on giving - such as crowing about regular season wins - it's all good. Hope you enjoyed the recent 3 year Gophers slide.
      Alms for the poor, is what I say.

Now, we go back to the team we were, and always will be. /tArrogance
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by brenthoven View Post
        alms for the poor, is what i say.

Now, we go back to the team we were, and always will be. /tarrogance

october champions! Ftw!
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          october champions! Ftw!
          We're not UND. Long ways to go. I have faith, tArrogance, and Patterson Punch to get me through the season.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            Yes, that is what I mean. If you go back five years, excluding the current one and including the one in which the Gophers won the MacNaughton, we are also very close in number of wins in conference games. SCSU has one more in the regular season. Minnesota has three more if you count the WCHA tournament.
            So we have as comparison points: regular season wins, ncaa wins, wcha playoff wins, wcha regular season championships, wcha playoff championships...I guess we'll just have to let each rank those however they see fit. I think I'll be sleeping fine tonight.

Comment

Will this thread get at least one point on the weekend? That's what I want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                Will this thread get at least one point on the weekend? That's what I want to know.
                MN is better than last season so far. You have to admit, I have a point. Win.

Comment

Another thought: who advertised Jan? Was it that girl who was *****ing about the poll that one year?

Comment

This thread is great.

I'm thinking a split this weekend. I was hoping to get down to Mariucci for the first time since 2008, but I'll be in Milwaukee all weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      You should hang a banner.
                      Like how you guys are the champions of October?
                      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                        Another thought: who advertised Jan?
                        In a strange twist.......Arctic Cat.
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Before we completely dismiss October's games as being meaningless with regard to what a team does "when it matters", here's what recent national champions have done in the first month of the season:
                          '10-'11: UMD 6-0-2
                          '09-'10: BC 2-1
                          '08-'09: BU 4-1
                          '07-'08: BC 3-1-2
                          '06-'07: MSU 3-1
                          '05-'06: UW 4-1-1
                          '04-'05: DU 4-3
                          '03-'04: DU 4-1
                          '02-'03: MN 2-1-2
                          '01-'02: MN 5-0
                          '00-'01: BC 5-1
                          '99-'00: UND 3-0-1
                          Total: 45-11-8 (.766)

So apparently playing well early does matter to some degree. None of these teams were under .500 in the first month.

Comment

WHAT?! All this time I thought you were supposed to suck for the first month. Cripes.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                              WHAT?! All this time I thought you were supposed to suck for the first month. Cripes.
                              Even you aren't that stupid...maybe.
                              Oh and Bakunin, not one person has said October is meaningless, but you don't raise banners for being the best team in October now do you?
                              Gopher fans have been telling us that for years and now you want to turn it because you have a good October?
                              Not buying it.
                              Your team is off to a good start, but they are far from "back to where they should be" territory.
                              Last edited by First Time, Long Time; 11-15-2011, 02:45 AM.
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

They're right Gopher fans. Stop being excited about the boys playing closer to their potential for the first time in years. Absolutely no reason for any jubilation whatsoever.

This is a brilliant effort out of the Cloud fans, really. Even if they get stomped (which I don't think will happen, FTR) they can still yammer on about how we should hang a banner for playing well to start the year.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X