PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

SCSU Euro
11-15-2011, 09:38 AM
If you choose to ignore the explanation offered to you regarding why your fans get crap for being overly optimistic (since your team perpetually fails each spring), that's on you not on us.

That is categorically untrue. We didn't even get outta bed last year.

Bakunin
11-15-2011, 09:40 AM
I can understand why a team would implode with Hill as its leader, but it isn't like Lucia was never there. He only missed two games.
If you've paid attention and read the various stories that have come out since then, it is abundantly clear that Lucia was not well (or in his right mind) due to the illness and its treatment (steroids). Obviously, it was a major distraction for the team. Plus we all know Hill failed miserably at coaching the defense. The fact they actually play defense in their own end this year is a noticeable change (and a rather dam*ing indictment of Hill).

Tipsy McStagger
11-15-2011, 09:45 AM
All the other dogs in the WCHA have done that and won it all as well. Ain't not alpha dogs in St. Cloud unless UMD or Tech is in town.UMD has been DI since 1930, Michigan Tech since 1919. Then you have SCSU, who went DI in 1989.

gopher wes
11-15-2011, 09:51 AM
That is categorically untrue. We didn't even get outta bed last year.
Very valid point! Thanks for bringing that up.:D

gopher wes
11-15-2011, 09:56 AM
I can't wait until Friday. I missed seeing all of the metrosexual varmint fans with their cute fohawks last season. Glad they will be back in the NHC.
And we were lucky enough to see the 5 total SUCS fans that made that loooong drive to Mariucci last year. Maybe we can up it to an even 10 this year for double digits!:p;)

firstpusk
11-15-2011, 10:07 AM
UMD has been DI since 1930, Michigan Tech since 1919. Then you have SCSU, who went DI in 1989.

Actually, SCSU started in Division I in 1931...of course they gave up after a while. I see a pattern here.

Bronzebacks
11-15-2011, 10:12 AM
And we were lucky enough to see the 5 total SUCS fans that made that loooong drive to Mariucci last year. Maybe we can up it to an even 10 this year for double digits!:p;)

You're in luck Wes. Our Center Ice Club is taking a bus load of fans to Mariucci. 10 should be an achievable number. I heard they even hired a stylist to do free fohawks for the gentlemen on the way down.

goldy_331
11-15-2011, 10:15 AM
You're in luck Wes. Our Center Ice Club is taking a bus load of fans to Mariucci. 10 should be an achievable number. I heard they even hired a stylist to do free fohawks for the gentlemen on the way down.

Here's a tip, don't let Skeeterman dirve. Or Shortbus either.

Bronzebacks
11-15-2011, 10:15 AM
Actually, SCSU started in Division I in 1931...of course they gave up after a while. I see a pattern here.

Gopher fans, you are not going to claim this guy as one of your own are you?

Go4PuckFan2.0
11-15-2011, 10:16 AM
I can understand why a team would implode with Hill as its leader, but it isn't like Lucia was never there. He only missed two games.

But missed the far majority of practices due to the side effects of the steroids.

Bronzebacks
11-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Here's a tip, don't let Skeeterman dirve. Or Shortbus either.

No worries, Skeeterman is the stylist.

gopher wes
11-15-2011, 10:41 AM
So not only will there be more than 10 Husky fans in attendance, but they will also have their hair done up all pretty like? Dang, they will fit right in(aside from the wannabe Montreal logo on their apparel:p)!:D

SCSU Euro
11-15-2011, 10:44 AM

Was thinking about this... Ok, do me a favor. Somebody put together a list, and I want it to be what they think the highest percentage of opposing fans would be at Mariucci among the WCHA opponents, and rank everybody, 1-11. Obviously I'd assume UW and UND would comfortably have the top two spots, so after that, who shows up to your building to watch a conference matchup wearing the opponents' colors?

Bronzebacks
11-15-2011, 10:47 AM
So not only will there be more than 10 Husky fans in attendance, but they will also have their hair done up all pretty like? Dang, they will fit right in(aside from the wannabe Montreal logo on their apparel:p)!:D

Our logo is our attempt to fit in with our Gopher buddies! Just like the Gophers stole Michigan's "M" we had to take the "C".

Dirty Bottles
11-15-2011, 10:51 AM

We make the "long" trip to St. Cloud from the cities for every husky home game but pass on the 15 minute commute to Mpls for the Gopher game. Just too much maroon and gold for my liking :)

Regarding Lucia and his illness - anyone with half a brain has to get that he hasn't been at full strenght until recently right?? Sure, he was at the games but how well do you perform at your job when you're sick as a dog? If the head coach has no energy, no drive, no attitude it's not hard to see how that carries over to the team. I think it's obvious that one of the key reasons for the gophers rebound this year is Lucia has his mojo back.

Also, I agree with Euro - this thread sucks.

gopher wes
11-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Was thinking about this... Ok, do me a favor. Somebody put together a list, and I want it to be what they think the highest percentage of opposing fans would be at Mariucci among the WCHA opponents, and rank everybody, 1-11. Obviously I'd assume UW and UND would comfortably have the top two spots, so after that, who shows up to your building to watch a conference matchup wearing the opponents' colors?
I see where you're going with this and I get it. I'm giving you cloud fans a hard time because you are a lot closer than many of the other schools we play in the WCHA and yet the turnout is surprisingly low.

p.s. sconnie doesn't even turn out that many fans at Mariucci.

gopher wes
11-15-2011, 10:54 AM
We make the "long" trip to St. Cloud from the cities for every husky home game but pass on the 15 minute commute to Mpls for the Gopher game. Just too much maroon and gold for my liking :)
That is your choice. Sounds like a personal problem to me.:p;)

goldy_331
11-15-2011, 10:58 AM
No worries, Skeeterman is the stylist.

I figured he'd be in the rear of the bus performing his complimentary colon cleansing that he's so fond of.

First Time, Long Time
11-15-2011, 10:59 AM
Lucia got sarcoidosis in the middle of that season. It *may* have had something to do with the team ****ting the bed.

FTLT, you're so effing dense, you aren't worth the bandwidth you waste with your posts. If you choose to ignore the explanation offered to you regarding why your fans get crap for being overly optimistic (since your team perpetually fails each spring), that's on you not on us.

Lucia is healthy (unlike '08-'09), and Guentzel has replaced the incompetent Hill. If you can't grasp how these two things might lead to a much better season for MN, then you are seriously beyond help, and your IQ is likely lower than whatever mediocre win total your team ends up with at season's end. The players may not have the tournament experience, but the coaching staff certainly does.

Good stratetgy, take multiple shots at someone's intelligence, real good way to make them care about your argument. :rolleyes:
So Lucia is healthy, was he not last year?
The year before?
Did his illness really help screw up 3 years worth of Gopher teams?
Does one assistant really mean that much?
A lot of coaching staffs have tournament experience, even ours.
Fact still remains the same, this team hasn't won squat.
Why don't you call me stupid some more? :rolleyes:

HoosierBBall_GopherHockey
11-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Good stratetgy, take multiple shots at someone's intelligence, real good way to make them care about your argument. :rolleyes:
So Lucia is healthy, was he not last year?
The year before?
Did his illness really help screw up 3 years worth of Gopher teams?
Does one assistant really mean that much?
A lot of coaching staffs have tournament experience, even ours.
Fact still remains the same, this team hasn't won squat.
Why don't you call me stupid some more? :rolleyes:

So what do you think has contributed to the Gopher turnaround this year? You obviously do not believe it is due to Hill being gone, or Lucia being fully healthy. So, what is it?