Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    You don't get it. It isn't belittling to SCSU. The Gophers have been so bad for their standards, that they are now on the same level as a team that they mock and ridicule for a lack of success. If the Gophers were Marcia Brady, now they are 30 lbs. heavier and have bad acne. But now they lost 5 lbs and think they are back to looking like their old self again.
    And by "now on their level" what you really mean, I'm sure, is that by one metric the Gophers and Jan are equal over a several year period.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      Two thoughts:
      1. J Dubbs: we don't have rules on what you can and can't discuss, we just for the most part don't enjoy when you join the convo. And I think more people in your fanbase are on board with that than you care to know.
      2. I used to be insulted when people complained about how much the SCSU fanbase sucked... Now I'm starting to agree with them. Oh, and I'll warn you guys, there was a shortbus sighting last week
      Shortbus sighting?!:

Did he have his jersey over his popped collar shirt? Wait, dumb question. Of course he did.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        I used to be insulted when people complained about how much the SCSU fanbase sucked... Now I'm starting to agree with them. Oh, and I'll warn you guys, there was a shortbus sighting last week
        Instead of talking about how much the thread sucks, perhaps you could try to contribute? Just a thought....
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

*****http://www.crosbysucks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/short-bus.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
            I love that the only shots that you come up with toward the Gophers involve belittling your own team...Jan at its finest.
            Don't stop him:
            *****http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6ZcRh8ftKelwSVsgIUIAFImOaTp-JbZBhLDrikDGGDcT7sZPAfA******

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Don't stop him:
              *****http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6ZcRh8ftKelwSVsgIUIAFImOaTp-JbZBhLDrikDGGDcT7sZPAfA******
              It's funny you bring up a pic from a scene that discusses Germans, and we're playing JBSU.

(you might have to dig one level deeper to get that joke )
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Instead of talking about how much the thread sucks, perhaps you could try to contribute? Just a thought....
                I know, right? This thread is:

BETTER THAN ADVERTISED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  It's funny you bring up a pic from a scene that discusses Germans, and we're playing JBSU.

I get it but not where I was going.

Comment

I get it but not where I was going.
                    I know you weren't. Not your style. But that's where I was going.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                      And by "now on their level" what you really mean, I'm sure, is that by one metric the Gophers and Jan are equal over a several year period.
                      Yes, that is what I mean. If you go back five years, excluding the current one and including the one in which the Gophers won the MacNaughton, we are also very close in number of wins in conference games. SCSU has one more in the regular season. Minnesota has three more if you count the WCHA tournament.
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Yes, that is what I mean. If you go back five years, excluding the current one and including the one in which the Gophers won the MacNaughton, we are also very close in number of wins in conference games. SCSU has one more in the regular season. Minnesota has three more if you count the WCHA tournament.
                        You should hang a banner.

Comment

Too late. And the banner is better than advertised!

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            You should get new material.
                            That horse is so dead the carcass has been picked clean.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

Boy, you are so clever. Oh, wait... look what I found.

http://www.amexp.org/publications/co...college-campus
                              http://www.mndaily.com/2008/11/19/sw...s-pioneer-hall

Comment

The first one is incredibly outdated.
                                The second was an isolated incident.

St, Clooud has a rep, for reasons that are justified. And makes them protesting the Sioux nickname that more laughable.

Comment

Working...
                                X