Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota vs Jan Brady State (home and home) Nov 18th-19th

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
    did you just say Alt is a bottom D man? in terms of scoring- ok. in terms of defense- no way in h-e-double hockey sticks
    Well, yes, of the D who play regularly. I wasn't going to go with Students or Thompson since they wouldn't really get bumped by Ness since they already don't play much. Schmidt, Marshall and Helgeson are better, so I would put Alt in the lower half of the 6 regulars. I don't think Alt has improved much since last year, and still has an occasional shaky moment. And yes, he hasn't contributed much offensively, which is part of the position too. I don't think he is horrible or lacks potential, just not in the top 3.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
      I've watched my team win 4 NCAA titles in my life time. You?

I win
      Don't play the Sioux Game. It's a terrible game.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Better one for the Gophers this year would be:
        "Gopher Hockey: Where the assistant coach matters more than the head coach."
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          it's true... you guys always lose at this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Just saying. I've watched my team, and remember, win each of those for championships.

But I guess talking about how many wins each program has since Motzko left Is ok, but discussing how well your team has done in your own lifetime isn't?

No offense, but you guys have so many odd rules on which discussions are and are not appropriate on this board.

For instance, talking about program history ruins a thread, but filling said thread with paint thinner and deer abuse comments is acceptable.

Seriously, I'm just trying to figure out what type of trash talk isn't going to draw criticism from my own fan base. And I am having problems keeping up

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              Better one for the Gophers this year would be:
              "Gopher Hockey: Where the assistant coach matters more than the head coach."
              Don't quit whatever day job you may have.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                  I love that the only shots that you come up with toward the Gophers involve belittling your own team...Jan at its finest.
                  You don't get it. It isn't belittling to SCSU. The Gophers have been so bad for their standards, that they are now on the same level as a team that they mock and ridicule for a lack of success. If the Gophers were Marcia Brady, now they are 30 lbs. heavier and have bad acne. But now they lost 5 lbs and think they are back to looking like their old self again.
                  Originally posted by SJHovey
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Just saying. I've watched my team, and remember, win each of those for championships.

But I guess talking about how many wins each program has since Motzko left Is ok, but discussing how well your team has done in your own lifetime isn't?

No offense, but you guys have so many odd rules on which discussions are and are not appropriate on this board.

For instance, talking about program history ruins a thread, but filling said thread with paint thinner and deer abuse comments is acceptable.

Seriously, I'm just trying to figure out what type of trash talk isn't going to draw criticism from my own fan base. And I am having problems keeping up
                    Be more clever than "7>5!" or "Husky Women!"

Trash talk is the general topic until about Thursday. That's the trend on this board. I don't think anyone wants 4 days of constant breakdown (think of this like a pre-game for the Super Bowl; who the hell wants 8 hours of breakdown?!).

Anything about history is generally limited to the current season, or if it's early enough in the current season, the last completed season is okay.

These ain't my rules. Just my observations from my time here.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                      You don't get it. It isn't belittling to SCSU. The Gophers have been so bad for their standards, that they are now on the same level as a team that they mock and ridicule for a lack of success. If the Gophers were Marcia Brady, now they are 30 lbs. heavier and have bad acne. But now they lost 5 lbs and think they are back to looking like their old self again.
                      Dude, you act like the Gophers have fallen off the map like Tech has. They have struggled, by their standards, for 3-4 years. All programs go through those spells. North Dakota, Wisconsin, ect.. Included. The Gophers are not on the same level as SCSU, and you are absolutely clueless if you really believe that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Be more clever than "7>5!" or "Husky Women!"

Trash talk is the general topic until about Thursday. That's the trend on this board. I don't think anyone wants 4 days of constant breakdown (think of this like a pre-game for the Super Bowl; who the hell wants 8 hours of breakdown?!).

Anything about history is generally limited to the current season, or if it's early enough in the current season, the last completed season is okay.

These ain't my rules. Just my observations from my time here.
                        Thanks. I'm doing my best to learn the ropes

Comment

I've watched my team win 4 NCAA titles in my life time. You?

I win
                          I hope that has fulfilled you in life over the 35 years.
                          Originally posted by SJHovey
                          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                          Originally posted by Brenthoven
                          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Two thoughts:
                            1. J Dubbs: we don't have rules on what you can and can't discuss, we just for the most part don't enjoy when you join the convo. And I think more people in your fanbase are on board with that than you care to know.
                            2. I used to be insulted when people complained about how much the SCSU fanbase sucked... Now I'm starting to agree with them. Oh, and I'll warn you guys, there was a shortbus sighting last week
                            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              Two thoughts:
                              1. J Dubbs: we don't have rules on what you can and can't discuss, we just for the most part don't enjoy when you join the convo. And I think more people in your fanbase are on board with that than you care to know.
                              2. I used to be insulted when people complained about how much the SCSU fanbase sucked... Now I'm starting to agree with them. Oh, and I'll warn you guys, there was a shortbus sighting last week
                              If you aren't ok with me, I must be doing something right

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                                I hope that has fulfilled you in life over the 35 years.
                                It's a pretty good start

Comment

Working...
                                X