Top Performing Freshman in 2011-12 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Performing Freshman in 2011-12 Season

College hockey fans would be hard-pressed to find a more productive newcomer than Minnesota's Kyle Rau. In the WCHA I also like North Dakota's Nick Mattson and UNO's Jayson Megna. What about the other conferences?

Re: Top Performing Freshman in 2011-12 Season

In WCHA, you could also add UMD's Herbert and UW's LaBate.

Comment

On a side note, I didn't realize just how ridiculous Rau's youth hockey numbers were. The kid scored over 100 goals one year in Bantams. Those are Dean Youngblood numbers

Comment

Originally posted by nopuckluck View Post
        College hockey fans would be hard-pressed to find a more productive newcomer than Minnesota's Kyle Rau. In the WCHA I also like North Dakota's Nick Mattson and UNO's Jayson Megna. What about the other conferences?
        Although he has seen sparse action so far this year, Grimaldi looked **** good on Saturday night in Minneapolis.
        As much as I hate to say it, I think that kid is going to be one hell of a college hockey player.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
          Although he has seen sparse action so far this year, Grimaldi looked **** good on Saturday night in Minneapolis.
          As much as I hate to say it, I think that kid is going to be one hell of a college hockey player.
          Yes he is! Nasty shot and great hands, solid skater with good wheels.. Soon as Hakstol tweeks his lines to fit his style of play I think UND will have 2 of the top lines in college hockey..

Comment

While admittedly only through 3 games, Cornell is averaging 4.7 goals per game, and 16 of their 37 points have been scored by freshmen. I doubt there's another team out there who has a higher proportion of the offense coming from freshmen. Cornell could be back to "scary good" in a couple of seasons.
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
              While admittedly only through 3 games, Cornell is averaging 4.7 goals per game, and 16 of their 37 points have been scored by freshmen. I doubt there's another team out there who has a higher proportion of the offense coming from freshmen. Cornell could be back to "scary good" in a couple of seasons.
              The Gopher's are averaging 4.8 goals per game in 10 games and their sophomore class has 28 goals and 47 assists for 75 points thus far this year, and their freshman class has 14 goals and 18 assists for 32 points.
              Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 11-10-2011, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Jacob Laliberte in a few weeks. He's gonna be sniping on everyone and I confidently predict he will finish the year with 15-20 goals and as RPI's top ascorer. The new Chase Polacek.

Comment

Don't overlook frosh d man Joey LaLeggia at DU. 4-3-7 +3 in eight games.
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Two St. Cloud freshmen defensemen are playing very well.
                    Andrew Prochno 3-2-5 +7 in 9 games
                    Jarrod Rabey 2-3-5 +3 in 10 games.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                      Don't overlook frosh d man Joey LaLeggia at DU. 4-3-7 +3 in eight games.
                      Yep, he's off to a great start.
                      Go Pioneers!

Comment

I haven't seen Rau but other than that Blake Pietila is the most impressive freshman I've seen so far this year.

Comment

CJ Motte at Ferris is leading the CCHA and is 2nd nationally in GAA (1.25) and save percentage (.948).
                          Last edited by Hammer; 11-11-2011, 05:52 PM.
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

One impressive stat for Rau is he has 4 GWG. Yes, I know that stat can be misleading in a blowout but just sayin...

Comment

I would most definitely add Cornell's Brian Ferlin to the list of top Frosh. He was a horse for Indiana in the USHL and he is looking strong and confident at the college level. Going into this weekend ... leading the nationa in PPG.

Comment

Working...
                              X