X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part III: Our Goal is to be Offensive

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    Also of note, Mr. Weaver gave us a loss we never earned. Apparently he wants to make it harder for us than it already is.
    I often type Earl Weaver instead of Ed Weaver. So far, I think that I have always caught it (as opposed to other typos). Maybe I will call him Earl from now on.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I often type Earl Weaver instead of Ed Weaver. So far, I think that I have always caught it (as opposed to other typos). Maybe I will call him Earl from now on.
      I'm a Yankee fan but nothing like seeing earl take on an ump or smoke a cig in the dugout. Now that I think about it, Earl would have a great time with ECAC zebras.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
        I'm a Yankee fan but nothing like seeing earl take on an ump or smoke a cig in the dugout. Now that I think about it, Earl would have a great time with ECAC zebras.
        Perhaps I should have said that I'm a Yankee fan also.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Surely you jest.
          What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I like the Expos (or at least when they WERE the Expos), perhaps we should swap locations.

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
              Surely you jest.
              ...and don't call me Shirley!

Comment

Moving back onto actual hockey talk (oh, look who the culprit was again!)...

The thing that sucks the most about being in last place is that everywhere we go, after we lose, without fail, someone will try to commiserate or something. Like "oh, hope you guys turn it around soon" or "your team is really a lot better than their record." I find it exceptionally condescending. I want to rail into these people like you wouldn't believe. I don't want your pity, because A) they don't really mean it, and B) when the tables are turned, my response is going to be "yeah, we came down here, you sucked, we destroyed you and then we ****ed in your ashes." That will be a good day.

Had one guy on Saturday tell me "you have to admit, that was really a great game." I want to know what the **** game he was watching. Sloppy on both sides, if both teams could have possibly lost it would have been cosmic justice.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                  Moving back onto actual hockey talk (oh, look who the culprit was again!)...

The thing that sucks the most about being in last place is that everywhere we go, after we lose, without fail, someone will try to commiserate or something. Like "oh, hope you guys turn it around soon" or "your team is really a lot better than their record." I find it exceptionally condescending. I want to rail into these people like you wouldn't believe. I don't want your pity, because A) they don't really mean it, and B) when the tables are turned, my response is going to be "yeah, we came down here, you sucked, we destroyed you and then we ****ed in your ashes." That will be a good day.

Had one guy on Saturday tell me "you have to admit, that was really a great game." I want to know what the **** game he was watching. Sloppy on both sides, if both teams could have possibly lost it would have been cosmic justice.
                  I understand fully-I find it to be getting harder and harder to take anything positive out of these losses. Good teams find ways to win, even when they have not played well. We seem to be finding different ways to lose. I have in no way lost faith in this team-I still think we will see a lot of improvement as the season moves on-but we are far enough into this season that hoping to be a .500 team is a long shot.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

This is the most disappointing season. I can take being on the low end of the scoreboard as long as the effort is there. RPI games are still fun to go to because they try to win. SA is trying to play a tight checking game to keep the score low. As he should.
                    What ticks me off, especially as we get closer to Christmas, no holiday tournament. Instead we can travel Storrs to watch the Engineers compete against Lowell Army or UConn.
                    The UConn classic! What a great idea! Get rid of the oldest holiday hockey tournament and play in the UConn Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                      What ticks me off, especially as we get closer to Christmas, no holiday tournament. Instead we can travel Storrs to watch the Engineers compete against Lowell Army or UConn.
                      The UConn classic! What a great idea! Get rid of the oldest holiday hockey tournament and play in the UConn Classic.
                      Get over it. Times change and no one wanted to come to Troy for either Thanksgiving or New Year's anymore and who can blame them. The tournament didn't end for the sake of the UConn Classic.

Comment

Get over it. Times change and no one wanted to come to Troy for either Thanksgiving or New Year's anymore and who can blame them. The tournament didn't end for the sake of the UConn Classic.
                        FWIW, SA has stated that he believes in tradition. We certainly have been havng trouble attracting teams. Perhaps it will be easier when the leagues reorganize in 2013-14 since some will be playing shorter league schedules.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

FWIW, SA has stated that he believes in tradition. We certainly have been havng trouble attracting teams. Perhaps it will be easier when the leagues reorganize in 2013-14 since some will be playing shorter league schedules.
                          Believing in tradition doesn't mean being a slave to it. In addition to drawing weak teams, no one ever showed up for the games, especially the non RPI games. I enjoyed having our own tournament too but its time has passed.

Comment

I know that attracting teams was the reason. But if RPI improved its program they would attract better teams. Not a hard concept to understand.
                            You ever been to Storrs?
                            Yeah tradition shouldn't be a factor. Maybe RPI should wear blue and green next year

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                              I know that attracting teams was the reason. But if RPI improved its program they would attract better teams. Not a hard concept to understand.
                              And you back it up with amazing empirical evidence. Oh wait, no you don't. Why? Because it doesn't exist. The tournament was struggling to draw teams even when RPI was very good.

You ever been to Storrs?
                              Yeah, it's a dump. Has nothing to do with anything.

Yeah tradition shouldn't be a factor. Maybe RPI should wear blue and green next year
                              What a strawman, since I never said tradition shouldn't be a factor. It shouldn't be the only factor.

Matter of fact, now that I know you're so much in favor of it, I'm downright glad we got rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                I understand fully-I find it to be getting harder and harder to take anything positive out of these losses. Good teams find ways to win, even when they have not played well. We seem to be finding different ways to lose. I have in no way lost faith in this team-I still think we will see a lot of improvement as the season moves on-but we are far enough into this season that hoping to be a .500 team is a long shot.
                                Doc, we would have to go 15 and 5 the rest of the way to finish at/above .500.
                                I would settle for 10 and 10 if all ten wins were conference wins.
                                The only way to salvage this season is to play for the ECAC tournament win.
                                I still really like this team, and there will be no runaway winners in the ECAC. There rarely are.
                                The offense is starting to come around, and the defense has already shown how good it can be.
                                I am only interested in improvement for the next three games. After that, we have to go out and beat the conference teams if we are to make any kind of run at the NCAA tournament.
                                I haven't given up on that yet.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X