X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part III: Our Goal is to be Offensive

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Haggerty not in the lineup tonight.
    Cullen steps in his place: http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...on.pdf?id=1148

The B.R.O. is also in there. It looks like Guy lost his slot in practice.

Hopefully with Haggs, it's just an illness (it is flu season, after all) and not an injury... From what I remember, he's not on the short list for the national team, correct?
    Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 12-02-2011, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      The B.R.O. is also in there. It looks like Guy lost his slot in practice.
      Yeah, it's not like it was the umpteen stupid penalties he's taken in games or anything.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Haggerty not in the lineup tonight.
        Can only hope this is a one game sort of thing. We were anxious to get a chance to see him out on the ice tonight. The rest of the forwards will just have to step it up and provide the offense necessary. Go Red!!
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Yeah, it's not like it was the umpteen stupid penalties he's taken in games or anything.
          I don't remember those, but I do remember him sitting out the SLU game and us going with 13 forwards.

Comment

I don't remember those, but I do remember him sitting out the SLU game and us going with 13 forwards.
            Was that a slot lost in practice?

Comment

Was that a slot lost in practice?
              Good point. However, we cannot discount the Yale, Brown, or Union games.

Comment

Wasn't Bergin the one who had a lot of penalties recently, some of which seemed stupid?
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good point. However, we cannot discount the Yale, Brown, or Union games.
                  You're right. So clearly, we should just make a declaration like "Guy lost his spot in practice."

Comment

Darn. The day our offense finally wakes up, the D takes the night off.

Comment

Reminder that tonight @ QU, there is an RPI Alumni gathering before the game, starting @ 6, in the Bobcat Room. $10 to get in to the pre-game event, there will be food. Beer & Wine will also be available for purchase.

Comment

Some random thoughts about last night-had an absolutely fabulous time and met some just great folks(you guys know who you are). The offense was creating for a good part of the game and good to see JL and Tinordi score. The goal by Lee seemed kicked in to me but Jenny saw him get his stick on it before it crossed the line-that was probably the review. Defense just did not give Merriam the chance to do his job as a couple goals were deflected or tipped late by guys who were just not moved out of the crease. Surprised how many bad turnovers by the older defense corps. We had several chances to clear the puck out of our zone that were just changed into turnovers. Also we seem to let Princeton set up and own our blue line without forwards coming out to pressure the points. It is like we collapse into a shell in our own zone on defense. Not sure about the strategy. Also-Baker Rink was the warmest we have ever seen it is 48 years-was it a fluke? Or was it intentional to slow the ice down? Who knows? A loss hurts-but very impressed by the freshmen-there is a ton of talent there. Hope we can salvage something up at QU.
                        Oh-Aspydad is absolutely correct-Babo is one all around hot lady!! Go Red!
                        Last edited by DrDemento; 12-03-2011, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          Some random thoughts about last night-had an absolutely fabulous time and met some just great folks(you guys know who you are). The offense was creating for a good part of the game and good to see JL and Tinordi score. The goal by Lee seemed kicked in to me but Jenny saw him get his stick on it before it crossed the line-that was probably the review. Defense just did not give Merriam the chance to do his job as a couple goals were deflected or tipped late by guys who were just not moved out of the crease. Surprised how many bad turnovers by the older defense corps. We had several chances to clear the puck out of our zone that were just changed into turnovers. Also we seem to let Princeton set up and own our blue line without forwards coming out to pressure the points. It is like we collapse into a shell in our own zone on defense. Not sure about the strategy. Also-Baker Rink was the warmest we have ever seen it is 48 years-was it a fluke? Or was it intentional to slow the ice down? Who knows? A loss hurts-but very impressed by the freshmen-there is a ton of talent there. Hope we can salvage something up at QU.
                          Doc, I just want to remind you and Aspy, that Babo's husband is military and probably owns a gun or two.
                          Be vewy vewy careful.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            Doc, I just want to remind you and Aspy, that Babo's husband is military and probably owns a gun or two.
                            Be vewy vewy careful.
                            Yeah but he travels a lot and is away right now. My major concern is Jenny-she has that hot Italian temper and although she is petite-I can't think of anyone I would rather have back me up in a bar fight (except maybe Luke Curadi).

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              This is our one major area of agreement on this thread.
                              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Tinordi's and JL's goal were pretty. Tinordi's goal was actually a roofer. JL played the point on PP last night and I think he is more effective down low finding the gaps. JL is going to be good here. Nice to see us score at even strength. We created alot of chances last night.
                                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Working...
                                X