Comment

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part III: Our Goal is to be Offensive

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
      Heres a November update on the Hockey East watch from WaP:

http://www.withoutapeer.com/2011/11/...er-update.html
      Nothing new really as WaP admits.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Nothing new really as WaP admits.
        Unfortunately, though it would be nice if the school didnt make us wait a year or two to make some kind of announcement.

Comment

Unfortunately, though it would be nice if the school didnt make us wait a year or two to make some kind of announcement.
          I suppose that the 'Tute isn't saying anything because it would look bad if they said they were interested and then they weren't admitted. OTOH, other schools have apparently said that they are exploring the possibility.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I suppose that the 'Tute isn't saying anything because it would look bad if they said they were interested and then they weren't admitted. OTOH, other schools have apparently said that they are exploring the possibility.
            Shirley may not be around long enough to make that decision!

http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory
            Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post

I heard about this on someone's Facebook wall. Although the implications and method of execution would be very much different, I honestly hope the Student Senate does not suffer the same demise as the Faculty Senate.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                I heard about this on someone's Facebook wall. Although the implications and method of execution would be very much different, I honestly hope the Student Senate does not suffer the same demise as the Faculty Senate.
                It won't, because without the Senate, there is no Student Union, and without the Student Union, there are no interscholastic athletics.

Jackson and the trustees can ignore this if they want. Which they probably will.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post

Shirley you jest.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Shirley you jest.
                    I absolutely abhor her politics but I think she has done a decent job. She has given SA the resources he needs. If she pulls the Hockey East thing off, my brother and I will build a statue of her in Troy.
                    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

All I know is what I read in the papers, or maybe what the papers choose to put on the Internet.

But from what I see, step 1 in the Student Senate's plan is for the Board of Trustees to conduct a review, and the Board of Trustees says it thinks no such review is necessary.

Doesn't sound like anything is going to happen to Dr. J in the very near future.

Comment

Heres a November update on the Hockey East watch from WaP:

http://www.withoutapeer.com/2011/11/...er-update.html
                        Back to back nights against Capt. Jack's Terriers. Getting boozed up with babo in beantown in some of its Irish establishments..this is what dreams are made of my friends.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

The Board of Trustees brushed off the resolution almost immediately, so Shirley will be around as long as she wants to (at least for the forseeable future). On a related (but still not hockey-related) note, the cabinet seemed to show their displeasure with the Student Senate in their Pizza with the Cabinet event by having only one member of the cabinet (and the new HASS dean) in attendance despite having more positive RSVPs just days prior. Definitely an interesting time on campus at RPI these days.
                          RPI Pep Band
                          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                            Back to back nights against Capt. Jack's Terriers. Getting boozed up with babo in beantown in some of its Irish establishments..this is what dreams are made of my friends.
                            Not bad... personally Id look forward to the back to back nights against (hopefully by then) Monty's Blackbears and a weekend cc-skiing in Acadia and dining on some fresh lobster in Bar Harbor.

Although, the extra games in Boston would give me more chances to hit up my favorite pub Cornwall's in Kenmore Square.
                            Last edited by redhead18; 11-30-2011, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Although deep inside I feel the possible move to HE is in the best interest of the RPI hockey program-I am sure going to miss the games at Princeton (been to almost all of them since 1974).
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                Although deep inside I feel the possible move to HE is in the best interest of the RPI hockey program-I am sure going to miss the games at Princeton (been to almost all of them since 1974).
                                Id definately miss going to Baker Rink, its one of my top three favorite rinks Ive been to. I havent been down to Princeton in a few years but I remember my first trip there sitting with Nate Marsters brother thinking to myself d*** its cold in here!

Comment

Working...
                                X