This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part III: Our Goal is to be Offensive

Turk, FD and others attending tomorrow...I just came across this in my saved messages:

Join local RPI hockey fans and alumni for a pre-game party when the RPI men’s hockey team travels to Rochester to take on RIT on Black Friday, November 25.

Alumni and fans will gather before the game at TC Riley’s Pub & Grill, located at 200 Park Point Drive in Rochester. Food and beverages are available on a cash basis.

Face-off is at 7:05 p.m. at the Frank Ritter Memorial Ice Rink, located on the RIT Campus. Tickets can be purchased at the door. General seating is $10.00 and reserved seating is $13.00. There is free parking at the arena and the doors open at 5:45 p.m.

Don’t miss out on the best Black Friday deal of the day! Join us to cheer on the Engineers to victory in Rochester on November 25. If you plan to attend either the pre-game gathering or the game, or if you have any questions, contact Michael Sisson ’85 at michael.sisson@htr.org

Comment

What's going on with our tags? Anyone see the mayhem? I don't believe I ever put anything down under my name, let alone a gajillion times...which RPI grad is pulling shenanigans?

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
        What's going on with our tags? Anyone see the mayhem? I don't believe I ever put anything down under my name, let alone a gajillion times...which RPI grad is pulling shenanigans?
        Under my name it read, "babo has much to be proud of"; then there were multiple entries under each poster's name with inane tags...was that you Ralph?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Just another step in the downgrading of the tourney. To think that very first one had eight teams with four games a day. (And I don't remember that. )
          That one is too old for even me. I remember 6 teams and a round robin for 3 days. By the end of the 3 days everyone had enough hockey to last for a while. I made ti to every tournament from 1963-2001. Some really great games and wonderful memories.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Under my name it read, "babo has much to be proud of"; then there were multiple entries under each poster's name with inane tags...was that you Ralph?
            The tags are determined by the amount of reputation points, or "rep", you have. At certain levels, you will receive a different tag. When you have the maximum possible, you will see "has a brilliant future", as Ralph, DrD, Red Cloud, and I have.

Comment

Turk, FD and others attending tomorrow...I just came across this in my saved messages:

Join local RPI hockey fans and alumni for a pre-game party when the RPI men’s hockey team travels to Rochester to take on RIT on Black Friday, November 25.

Alumni and fans will gather before the game at TC Riley’s Pub & Grill, located at 200 Park Point Drive in Rochester. Food and beverages are available on a cash basis.

Face-off is at 7:05 p.m. at the Frank Ritter Memorial Ice Rink, located on the RIT Campus. Tickets can be purchased at the door. General seating is $10.00 and reserved seating is $13.00. There is free parking at the arena and the doors open at 5:45 p.m.

Don’t miss out on the best Black Friday deal of the day! Join us to cheer on the Engineers to victory in Rochester on November 25. If you plan to attend either the pre-game gathering or the game, or if you have any questions, contact Michael Sisson ’85 at michael.sisson@htr.org
              I'm hoping to make this.
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I didn't do anything, and I am not sure what you mean.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I'll try and be there too, but REDaero91 is the one driving. As such, it is up to her. I can't imagine that she'd want to miss it though.
                  RPI Pep Band
                  GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                  2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                  2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Ed Weaver's pre-game article http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Lines http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...IT.pdf?id=1144

scratches: Leboeuf, Neal, Cullen, Burgdoerfer, Smith, Coupal

Diebold in goal.
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-25-2011, 02:26 PM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Nice bounce back from last week...back on track...
                        What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Back from Rochester (yes, stayed in town for a little bit before leaving)... that was a great 60-minute effort the boys put together!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                            Nice bounce back from last week...back on track...
                            The great thing I saw about tonight, at least watching it on TV... I agree with Appert, in that though it was only a 2 goal game for us thanks to a power play situation, I still saw some actual offense being generated. We had plenty of quality opportunities, and weren't asleep at the wheel. On the other side, our defense was some of the best I've seen it all season thus far.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, either, I'm happy about the win, but I view this a bit like the Brown win... we won but it took some serious work and didn't come easy. RIT had some shots that should have gone in (hitting the crossbar several times throughout the game), they did manage to put a lot of pressure on our defense, and seemed to pretty evenly match us up. In other words, though it was definitely one of the most solid efforts I've seen from RPI so far this season, it will by no means be the amount of effort required to completely right the ship and get us through some of the opponents we have to face this season.

Absolutely a step in the right direction, however!

Also... I still think Bailen should be put up as a forward...
                            Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
                              The great thing I saw about tonight, at least watching it on TV... I agree with Appert, in that though it was only a 2 goal game for us thanks to a power play situation, I still saw some actual offense being generated. We had plenty of quality opportunities, and weren't asleep at the wheel. On the other side, our defense was some of the best I've seen it all season thus far.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, either, I'm happy about the win, but I view this a bit like the Brown win... we won but it took some serious work and didn't come easy. RIT had some shots that should have gone in (hitting the crossbar several times throughout the game), they did manage to put a lot of pressure on our defense, and seemed to pretty evenly match us up. In other words, though it was definitely one of the most solid efforts I've seen from RPI so far this season, it will by no means be the amount of effort required to completely right the ship and get us through some of the opponents we have to face this season.

Absolutely a step in the right direction, however!

Also... I still think Bailen should be put up as a forward...
                              Diebold was fantastic. He is just solid and those crossbars and posts are because he is playing the angles correctly IMO. I'm very impressed by him. I thought #5 was good and I like him w #11. We have been good defensively all year but last night we were outstanding. Much of the sentiment on this thread is that we need to see the freshmen and our great Coach put the underclassmen out there in some big spots last night. Nice win, something to build on.
                              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                                Diebold was fantastic. He is just solid and those crossbars and posts are because he is playing the angles correctly IMO. I'm very impressed by him. I thought #5 was good and I like him w #11. We have been good defensively all year but last night we were outstanding. Much of the sentiment on this thread is that we need to see the freshmen and our great Coach put the underclassmen out there in some big spots last night. Nice win, something to build on.
                                Agree with everything you said AD. My only concern is that RIT did not look very good. They were slow and never really looked interested.
                                I think that we matched up very well with them and it allowed us to use our speed and conditioning. RIT was difinitely out of gas by the middle of the third period.
                                A win is a win and that can build confidence.
                                So this game is difinitely a step in the right direction.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X