X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part III: Our Goal is to be Offensive

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    It's an easier trip than Troy. I'll be there.
    Looking forward to seeing you ...

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
      It really sounds like we are looking at a Red Shirt situation.
      The women seem to have 4 or 5 in redshirt situations.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Check your rep.
        Got it.... Sent it.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
          Finally -- people who understand/agree with me that Bailen should no longer be a defenseman!
          strongly disagree....he's the #1 Dman on our depth chart and most likely #1 on any team in this league...arguably one of the top 5 defensemen in the country last year...not that anybody made this comparison but this is a whole different situation than Brutlag....your talking about an all ECACHL and All Amerian player at his position...if your going to expeirment He's not the guy to do it with...in my opinion. I might try putting the the BRO @ forward to get him some PT....picture him as a power forward...YIKES !!!!!!!!!!!!
          What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            I think if you read the article again you'll see that Cullen's injury happened in the Union game. Anyone going to the RIT game? Is there a place to get together for eats/drinks before the game?
            I'll be there! Really looking forward to some non-trap, live hockey this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              I am pretty sure we are at a stage now where it is mandatory to turn to the freshman for offense.
              I'm with Appert on this. When he's saying that we need to turn to the upperclassmen, that doesn't mean that we need Smith, Rabbani, Burgdoerfer, and CJ to score goals, it means we need them to provide leadership, work hard on the boards, and bring their work ethic with them. Without that leadership, you can ask whatever you want from the freshmen, you're not going to get it if they don't get to see the leadership being exhibited by the juniors and seniors.
              I also agree that we need to use this little break to make major changes in the power play and the break out plays from our own end. I agree with you, EHF and B-12. We really have gotten far enough into the year.
              I try and avoid commenting on the actual play of the team when I don't see them play. I can presume that some changes need to be made, but I haven't seen them play often enough to say that it needs to happen. I was just re-stating EHF's points because FD08 seems to be having some serious comprehension issues recently.
              Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
              Finally -- people who understand/agree with me that Bailen should no longer be a defenseman!
              He has the shot for a forward, but I think he has the defensive capability to be a defenseman. Yes, you have to backcheck and play defense as a forward, but it seems like a waste of his skills to be used exclusively as a forward.
              Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              I think if you read the article again you'll see that Cullen's injury happened in the Union game. Anyone going to the RIT game? Is there a place to get together for eats/drinks before the game?
              I'm going, but with my parents, so I will probably not be joining in any extracurricular celebrations.
              Originally posted by troyboy View Post
              strongly disagree....he's the #1 Dman on our depth chart and most likely #1 on any team in this league...arguably one of the top 5 defensemen in the country last year...not that anybody made this comparison but this is a whole different situation than Brutlag....your talking about an all ECACHL and All Amerian player at his position...if your going to expeirment He's not the guy to do it with...in my opinion. I might try putting the the BRO @ forward to get him some PT....picture him as a power forward...YIKES !!!!!!!!!!!!
              Sadly, most writers / voters consider him to be such a stellar defenseman because of the offensive numbers that he puts up. Why not make him a forward and really utilize those offensive capabilities? Not that I agree with that line of thinking, but it's out there.
              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                I'll be there! Really looking forward to some non-trap, live hockey this weekend.
                You won't see the trap because they don't have a neutral zone!
                /lamejoke
                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.
                  Enjoy the day and your families. That is what it is all about.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sad that there is no RPI Tourney this year.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Happy Thanksgiving!

Truly sad about not having a Holiday tournament this year-but I always preferred it being held in late December. But in the old days we were the only tournament around and could get great talented teams to Troy. I fear we have seen the last of any tournament held in Troy.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Truly sad about not having a Holiday tournament this year-but I always preferred it being held in late December. But in the old days we were the only tournament around and could get great talented teams to Troy. I fear we have seen the last of any tournament held in Troy.
                        I too preferred it in December, but I think that it could be back when several leagues will be playing fewer games in a couple of years.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I too preferred it in December, but I think that it could be back when several leagues will be playing fewer games in a couple of years.
                          I am guessing that there are very few of the posters on here who can remember the 3 day tournaments back in the old days. It was a very special time.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am too - this is the first year I've been in Troy for Thanksgiving and I would've loved the chance to see the tournament. Guess it wasn't meant to be.

Comment

I am guessing that there are very few of the posters on here who can remember the 3 day tournaments back in the old days. It was a very special time.
                              Just another step in the downgrading of the tourney. To think that very first one had eight teams with four games a day. (And I don't remember that. )
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

To the Americans, Happy Thanksgiving!

To all others, good day.

Is it time for hockey yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X