X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part III: Our Goal is to be Offensive

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
    Heres an injury update from Ken Schott: Pat Cullen is out with an upper body injury and wont make the trip to RIT, Matt Neal likely out until after Christmas.

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...-hockey-teams/
    The news on Neal is of major concern to me. I really felt he would be a major contributor to this team rather quickly. But more of a problem is the extent of his injury. If it is indeed an ankle-he may be looking at a lost year. My experience has been that ankle injuries ar either minor or major with almost nothing in between. Sometimes a break is better than a sprain in these cases. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we get to see him back on the ice in short order but my fear is that this could be really very serious.
    The news on Cullen is of course something else we do not need, but until we know for sure how long he will be sidelined, we can just hope this is a one game sort of thing.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Even I know this is true, DrD, I was pulling the sarcasm string, hence the rolling of the eyes. However, EHF is absolutely right. We need to play with what we have now. Oh, the juniors and seniors aren't producing? Let's turn to the younger ones. Heck, we're far enough into the season, and they're acclimated. Let's see what they can REALLY do.
      I am pretty sure we are at a stage now where it is mandatory to turn to the freshman for offense. I also agree that we need to use this little break to make major changes in the power play and the break out plays from our own end. I agree with you, EHF and B-12. We really have gotten far enough into the year.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
        Heres an injury update from Ken Schott: Pat Cullen is out with an upper body injury and wont make the trip to RIT, Matt Neal likely out until after Christmas.

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...-hockey-teams/
        WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING?!

But seriously, we have had more non-game injuries than injuries from games. What is going on in those practices?
        RPI Pep Band
        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by Havasu M View Post
          Agree completely on Bailen since I mentioned it posts ago. He has the one timer as seen in the ot game winner against Union . Some tip in practice is way overdue.
          Finally -- people who understand/agree with me that Bailen should no longer be a defenseman!
          Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            The news on Neal is of major concern to me. I really felt he would be a major contributor to this team rather quickly. But more of a problem is the extent of his injury. If it is indeed an ankle-he may be looking at a lost year. My experience has been that ankle injuries ar either minor or major with almost nothing in between. Sometimes a break is better than a sprain in these cases. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we get to see him back on the ice in short order but my fear is that this could be really very serious.
            The news on Cullen is of course something else we do not need, but until we know for sure how long he will be sidelined, we can just hope this is a one game sort of thing.
            It really sounds like we are looking at a Red Shirt situation.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post

But seriously, we have had more non-game injuries than injuries from games. What is going on in those practices?
              I think if you read the article again you'll see that Cullen's injury happened in the Union game. Anyone going to the RIT game? Is there a place to get together for eats/drinks before the game?
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post

did I miss something? Schottsie said he got injury in Union game.
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  It really sounds like we are looking at a Red Shirt situation.
                  Exactly my concern.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
                    Finally -- people who understand/agree with me that Bailen should no longer be a defenseman!
                    Interesting idea. I wouldnt mind if SA tried this out in one of the remaining NC games this season and see how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      I think if you read the article again you'll see that Cullen's injury happened in the Union game. Anyone going to the RIT game? Is there a place to get together for eats/drinks before the game?
                      I'll see you there (make sure you find me because I have something to give you)...I'm going to be there with my nephew's wife and maybe her family (my nephew is an E.R. physician and has duty that night. Doc...do they have "duty' in hospitals or is it referred to as something else?)...I will have on my crimson for this one...the boys are gonna' break out...hope you and I are not the only two to witness it...

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                        I'll see you there (make sure you find me because I have something to give you)...I'm going to be there with my nephew's wife and maybe her family (my nephew is an E.R. physician and has duty that night. Doc...do they have "duty' in hospitals or is it referred to as something else?)...I will have on my crimson for this one...the boys are gonna' break out...hope you and I are not the only two to witness it...
                        When I was an intern and had to work the ER for a month-we called it the 'pit'. It was the hardest i had ever worked in my life. 36 hours on straight and then 12 hours off. But i never felt better in my life. Never a dull moment. Yes, we did use the term'on duty' for any shift-both doctors and nurses.

I sure hope this is the break out game for the offense. But if not this game-please make it happen in Princeton so we can celebrate each goal!!!

Comment

Oh, I missed that. My fault. Though, the question still stands. Higgs, O'Grady, McGowan, Merriam, Burgdoerfer, and Neal were all hurt during practice.
                          RPI Pep Band
                          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Check your rep.

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                              It's an easier trip than Troy. I'll be there.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                When I was an intern and had to work the ER for a month-we called it the 'pit'. It was the hardest i had ever worked in my life. 36 hours on straight and then 12 hours off. But i never felt better in my life. Never a dull moment. Yes, we did use the term'on duty' for any shift-both doctors and nurses.
                                My nephew isn't interning...he's been doing it for years...one of those adrenalin junkies...earned his undergraduate at Union and medical degree at Albany Med so it's a bit bizarre...

[/QUOTE]I sure hope this is the break out game for the offense. But if not this game-please make it happen in Princeton so we can celebrate each goal!!![/QUOTE]

Celebrate? Did someone say celebrate?

Comment

Working...
                                X