X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part III: Our Goal is to be Offensive

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
    TB - I read the post, so are you saying that we are now searching for 2 replacements of the same caliber and until that happens we will be in a rebuilding process? We obviously don't have the replacements yet, do we? What about next years recruits, are the replacements there, or are we again looking a couple of years down the road to get the recruiting coup of the next century? I was not intent on being negative, I did not purposely say to myself I want to post something negative, I'm just stating my thoughts and they happen to be negative at this time...you or others can say I'm not a true fan...bla ...bla...bla...stick with them throught thick and thin...I'm been going to all home games for the past 40 years...and there has bee a lot of thin in those years, right now I'm looking for improvement in the program and want more progress.
    Ding Ding Ding thats exactly what im saying !!!!
    What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Not sure here-I like a lot of the kids we have in the junior and senior classes but after 2-3 years of time playing in Troy it is obvious that they are just not scorers or finishers. For a few games we can blame it on bad luck or a hot goalie-but when you have fellows who just do not score after a year or more-you just have to think that they just do not have the touch. I am convinced though that we have those scoring types in the freshman recruited class this year. It is only a matter of time before they make their presence known on the scoreboard. I know coach SA feels the upper classes have to lead-and perhaps they will on defense and checking. But the scoring punch on this team is located in the freshman class and we will have to wait for that to just take hold. Just my 2¢
      That is it in a nutshell.....what everyone has wanted to say but wouldn't...this should be the end of the discussion !!!!
      What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
        Here's me just looking for some feedback/opinion out of curiosity on a silly event that happened in the NHL... and it starts a legit conversation
        I believe the trap which is nothing more than a zone defense threatens the game we all love...nothing silly about that...Sports are in the entertainment business and anyone whom finds the trap entertaining should start watching yacht racing....the trap is only effective when it has a chance to be set up...if you can turn and go you can beat it but as far as I know thats the only way...the longer you play w/the puck in your own zone the worse it gets thats what the chaser is for to delay the puck making time to set up...Dump and chase is the tactic dijour for dealing w/the trap or in coach speak getting the"puck deep"this only works when you win the puck battles in your zone....the whole premise is to deny the zone...Thats where the train came off the tracks vs Union we didn't win the battles...remember so called "beating" the trap doesn't create scoring opportunities it only gets the puck into the offensive zone then there is still a load of work to be done...IMO to their credit Union executes the trap better than Cornell...they mask it well...they transition very quickly into it....they stay disiplined...and they win puck battles combine that with opportunistic scoring and a better than good PP no one should wonder where their success comes from...anyone trying to figure out ways to get rid of the trap rules wise without ruining the game more than we have already can only damage the game further...look at the interference calls you see on offensive players now...what they are is players setting more or less picks to to navigate through the trap so a rule interpretation designed to open up the game actually in some cases has the oppisite affect....soooo the trap is here to stay and if you want to win games you better win puck battles.....support the puck...and finish your chances no more no less.

Comment

Last post tonight....Northeastern beat Providence 5-2 boy there defense must SUCK !....(you know who you are)

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Then doesn't hybrid icing already take care of that? We aren't playing no touch anymore. Please use "Team A" and "Team B" in your explanation of the 2nd half of the rule so I can have a better grasp of what you are attempting to convey.
            Burgie got it right.

Comment

Just another reminder that we will have the women's game against Wisconsin this afternoon starting at 4.
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                Just another reminder that we will have the women's game against Wisconsin this afternoon starting at 4.
                Who are "we"?
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Unless you mean that Chase drew the best defense, I don't see how, given they were on different lines (at least most of the time).
                  Oh right...sorry, I guess I was thinking of when they were both out there on the power play, or the games earlier in the season like RIT and Niagara...

Comment

TB killin it out there today! Go TB!
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Where is everyone today?
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Where is everyone today?
                        In the café or on other threads. I guess that's what happens when you don't shoot the **** on a thread.
                        Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 11-20-2011, 11:46 AM.

Comment

In the café or on other threads. I guess that's what happens when you don't shoot the **** on a thread.
                          I thought that all of you (besides for DrD and me) were in church praying for the offense.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I thought that all of you (besides for DrD and me) were in church praying for the offense.
                            I was praying for the Bills to actually play in a month other than September.

Comment

As you said-not in church for me-but the prayers have started here.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                As you said-not in church for me-but the prayers have started here.
                                I'd start praying, but it'd begin to remind me of Survivor this season...

Comment

Working...
                                X