PDA

View Full Version : RPI 2011-12 Part III: Our Goal is to be Offensive

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Ralph Baer
11-22-2011, 12:08 PM
I agree with you completely. Cornell is not breaking its ivy ties. I addressed it only because the rumor mill has brought it up a few times. Though I have no intention of venturing over to the Ivory Tower, I wonder what people at eLynah have to say about HE expansion. My guess is that many of the Lynah faithful would be against leaving the other Ivies in hockey. http://elf.elynah.com/read.php?1,169790 There are several posts from people who surprisingly would be sad if we left starting on 9/28/11. Some discussion about the Cornell rumor starts on 10/3/11.

ibanezist00
11-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Better than HokyDad. ;) At least TimV stands behind a team and not just in front of one.

daDykoH

Related:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwhGerjNSoo

babo
11-22-2011, 01:51 PM
OK - I'll bite considering I was the one who memorialized the question in black and white the other day. Let me re-write what you wrote with minor modification...."So if RPI earned top honors after having a poor record just 4 or so years ago, why wouldnt HE have admitted RPI already ?" I still think that we make great sense in HE and I also think makes fantastic sense for us to be there. I am still hopeful that a move comes to fruition. All I was trying to say is that some may just look at our record and note that we are struggling a bit right now and question what it is that we bring today to the table in terms of making the league more competitie rather than diluting, and why our move makes economic sense for every other team in the league.

I absolutely agree with you that anyone who spends any time with Knowlton, Appert, or any of the kids would see that we have an incredibly bright future. The current record just makes a bit more difficult of a sell to all of the other schools in the league. Then again, as Ralph keeps reminding me, SA can sell snow to eskimos.... :)

I'm kind getting the itch after not being to a game since the last weekend home game, and miss seeing all of you. Hope all is well and that everyone has a great Thanksgiving, and looking forward to catching up on the other side.

BTW Babo - did you ever get credit for that point and have posted to your stat sheet ? :)

I'm eager to see how the boys come off the by weekend... I'll be in Tochester and look forward to seeing Turk and others...

I did get points added! And since it was soooo easily finagled, I'm going to go back and ask for more to be added (kind of like: vote early and vote often):p

Ralph Baer
11-22-2011, 02:42 PM
WaP is having a podcast today at 4 PM EST with Chris Lerch of USCHO. http://www.withoutapeer.com/2011/11/todays-podcast-chris-lerch.html

DrDemento
11-22-2011, 03:05 PM
We have "straight" people on here. How about JCrawford, GRussinko, realet, fr joe, Senna, cmmarkham, and quite a few others I know I'm forgetting? We don't hear from them as often as the sarcastic ones you mentioned, but what they post has always been quite informative.

Obligatory mention of AspyDad, troyboy, and babo, just because.
FD-I just think there is a big difference between "straight' people and a straight man (as in a foil for all the sarcastic comments). We have lots of valuable posters and we seem to add more each year.

Red Cloud
11-22-2011, 04:57 PM
For the record, I am straight.

FlagDUDE08
11-22-2011, 05:02 PM
FD-I just think there is a big difference between "straight' people and a straight man (as in a foil for all the sarcastic comments). We have lots of valuable posters and we seem to add more each year.

Perhaps there is a misunderstanding as to "foil for all the sarcastic comments". At no point was I referring to a person's sexual orientation.

Ralph Baer
11-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Perhaps there is a misunderstanding as to "foil for all the sarcastic comments". At no point was I referring to a person's sexual orientation.

But it sounded like you were. :D

I'll also say the same thing as RC "For the record, I am straight."

To think that I have been complaining about alum posts being off-topic here. :eek:

burgie12
11-22-2011, 05:32 PM
The people you mentioned don't provide sarcastic comments, but they're not a foil for them, so they wouldn't be a straight person by the definition employed by most comedians.

Also, just three days to live hockey! Hooray!

FreshFish
11-22-2011, 05:36 PM
okay, I'll just come straight out and say it:

Best wishes to all for a Happy Thanksgiving!

ibanezist00
11-22-2011, 05:39 PM
okay, I'll just come straight out and say it:

Best wishes to all for a Happy Thanksgiving!

Same to you and everyone else! Don't forget, to get your fix of hockeyness this weekend, there's the NHL Thanksgiving Showdown (Red Wings vs. Bruins) at 1 PM ET, and then the RPI@RIT game Friday night on TWC3!

Go red! (The RPI one) and go Bruins! (Between the two)

troyboy
11-22-2011, 07:59 PM
in the liberty hockey league? never say that again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ralph Baer
11-22-2011, 11:22 PM
never say that again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Sir!

How about the Laliberte Hockey League? ;)

Ralph Baer
11-23-2011, 02:57 AM
The RPI athletic department has redesigned the website. :eek:

Waite21
11-23-2011, 08:08 AM
I see that they have redesigned the website.

It needs some work. The links at the bottom aren't functioning. And when you first look at the page, there appears to be a button for "Men's Sports" and none for Women's Sports, though if I drag my mouse over the Men's Sports button, it changes so that listings of both men's and women's sports appear.

In the events that (1) RPI does not join Hockey East and (2) the Ivies split to form their own league, I would imagine that the Ivies would cede the ECAC label to the remaining teams from the 12-team league, so if anyone is grossly offended by the thought of a Liberty Hockey League, they probably don't need to worry about it.

Although if Quinnipiac were to join Hockey East and RIT were to replace them as the ECAC's sixth team, we would then have a situation in which five-sixths of the ECAC would consist of schools that are currently members of the Liberty League in other sports.

Rolevio
11-23-2011, 08:27 AM
That would be weird, an entire league playing up in one sport.

Ralph Baer
11-23-2011, 08:33 AM
That would be weird, an entire league playing up in one sport.

Skidmore and Hobart play hockey at the D-III level.

FlagDUDE08
11-23-2011, 09:17 AM
Skidmore and Hobart play hockey at the D-III level.

And Hobart already moves up for Lacrosse...

redhead18
11-23-2011, 09:36 AM
In the events that (1) RPI does not join Hockey East and (2) the Ivies split to form their own league, I would imagine that the Ivies would cede the ECAC label to the remaining teams from the 12-team league, so if anyone is grossly offended by the thought of a Liberty Hockey League, they probably don't need to worry about it.

Although if Quinnipiac were to join Hockey East and RIT were to replace them as the ECAC's sixth team, we would then have a situation in which five-sixths of the ECAC would consist of schools that are currently members of the Liberty League in other sports.Im guessing if this were to happen there would be some kind of merger with the western based AHA schools, maybe BGSU out of the WCHA and Buffalo if they get a program going for a new 10 or 12 team ECAC. I dont think Hobart or Skidmore will ever move hockey to D1. Hobarts rink only seats 500 and im sure Skidmore has the same issue.

Also some interesting results from last nights games featuring ECAC teams, AIC shuts out Brown 3-0 and 0-11 Sacred Heart upsets Yale 7-6, while being outshot something like 53-19 :eek:

Red Cloud
11-23-2011, 09:45 AM

Wow.