X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part III: Our Goal is to be Offensive

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Thanks. I guess that it would require flying -- or a Great Lake cruise.
    Thanks for getting the Erie Canal song stuck in my head.

Obviously it isn't the same predicament as when LSSU played in our tournament two years ago. IIRC, the host team (or sponsor, in the case of the IceBreaker and Hall of Fame game) pays for the teams to travel.

Comment

If you are talking about Haggerty, he was born on 3/4/93, so he was already eligible last year.
      We were talking about Schroeder. Or at least, that's who he was asking about.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        We were talking about Schroeder. Or at least, that's who he was asking about.
        OK then. He was born on 9/7/92 and is in his third and last year of eligibility.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Thanks for getting the Erie Canal song stuck in my head.

Obviously it isn't the same predicament as when LSSU played in our tournament two years ago. IIRC, the host team (or sponsor, in the case of the IceBreaker and Hall of Fame game) pays for the teams to travel.
          Funny, i was thinking about the Edmund Fitzgerald.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Funny, i was thinking about the Edmund Fitzgerald.
            Well, how are you going to get from Buffalo to Troy?

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
              I do have to concede, you are a master baiter!
              This was recently posted elsewhere on USCHO http://www.gopherpucklive.com/forum/...=548&mode=view. NSFW.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                You need to read the post!!!the fact that the two high profile recruits that we brought in to put this program back on track not only left after 1 year but left @ the beginning of the season not the end...heck we didn't know BP wasn't coming back until he didn't show up at the Golf Tournament that was a major set back that I'm starting to think some people aren't getting.These weren't players we found over the summer and brought in for the fall these were players that we persued for 2 or 3 years...you just don't recock the gun and come up with 2 guys to replace those players especially in the ECACHL...In my mind landing JDA and BP was the recruiting coup of the century.So yea I stand by my statement that we are in a kind of a rebuilding situation any team would be under the given circumstances...further more anyone whom doesn't get this is either intent on being negative or just doesn't get it !
                You make very good points. Pirri and D'Amigo were the type of players we had not seen in Troy in years; and then last year Helfrich, Polacek and York left, so that is a big hit in two years. However, this is at least the third straight top 15 recruiting class, which includes one guy we have been waiting for for three years. The pantry should not be bare. You can't possibly deny that one of the worst starts in the history of the program is a major disappointment.

JDA dn BP have been gone for 18 months now, their loss, though significant, can't coninue to be an excuse for much longer. There seems to be something missing from this team rightt now.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
                  To divert away to the pros for a minute, what is everyone's stance on the whole Tampa Bay Lightning using nothing but the 1-3-1 trap issue? There's a lot of discussion about possible rule changes/refs watching for it specifically in the NHL right now due to the fact that it makes games uninteresting, makes teams like the Flyers not advance the puck because they're sick of that defensive measure, etc etc. and it just got me thinking about college hockey defense in general and how different it is from the pros.
                  I can think of a rule change that can help. Change the icing rule in two ways, first move it to the defensive blue line instead of center ice and second state that it is waved whenever the opposition does not contest the puck in your end.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                    You make very good points. Pirri and D'Amigo were the type of players we had not seen in Troy in years; and then last year Helfrich, Polacek and York left, so that is a big hit in two years. However, this is at least the third straight top 15 recruiting class, which includes one guy we have been waiting for for three years. The pantry should not be bare. You can't possibly deny that one of the worst starts in the history of the program is a major disappointment.

JDA dn BP have been gone for 18 months now, their loss, though significant, can't coninue to be an excuse for much longer. There seems to be something missing from this team rightt now.
                    We didn't have a top recruiting class last year at least according to InCH, although Koudys received individual honors. We did the three years previous. However, of those three, the first has graduated (Helfrich, Brutlag, ...), the second is missing York but still has Bergin, and the most recent is missing Pirri and D'Amigo). So, only this year's freshmen are intact, and of the two players singled out for individual honors, one (Diebold) doesn't play regularly.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                      I can think of a rule change that can help. Change the icing rule in two ways, first move it to the defensive blue line instead of center ice and second state that it is waved whenever the opposition does not contest the puck in your end.
                      I've long been an advocate for removing the center red line and calling icing when the puck is moved from behind your own blue line. Excellent suggestion, jm. Glad I looked.
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I don't agree with the second half of this rule proposal. You should have to work the puck out of the zone in order to clear it. The other team should not be punished in time run off the clock if you decided to shoot the puck all the way down the ice and take a knee (minus the penalty kill, of course). That having been said, though, I agree with getting rid of the red line, as you still have to work the puck out of the zone. I would count "on the blue line" as icing, as it's still technically in the zone.

Comment

I can think of a rule change that can help. Change the icing rule ... move it to the defensive blue line instead of center ice .....
                          I like that idea. It uses the same kind of thinking as my suggestion that teams use an aerial attack to break the trap and it is more practical as well.
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

latest article on possible move to Hockey East. Nothing really new except the mention of Qpac.
                            http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/20...n_of_notre.php
                            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                              latest article on possible move to Hockey East. Nothing really new except the mention of Qpac.
                              http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/20...n_of_notre.php
                              That's not really new either.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                                I like that idea. It uses the same kind of thinking as my suggestion that teams use an aerial attack to break the trap and it is more practical as well.
                                "Fast breakouts", such as the home run pass, don't leave a chance for any defense. BTW guys, I'm sorry for all the basketball terminology, it's the easiest way I know how to describe it. Once everyone is set up, that's where we should see how you break the trap. Should we just let Bailen, Dolan, Curadi, and the other defensemen just have at it from the point? Can we overload a side a look at the back door?

Comment

Working...
                                X