This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part III: Our Goal is to be Offensive

Did anything ever come out of the idea that WaP and an MTU blog had of starting a series between the two tech schools?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Interesting. It would surprise me the most if Schroeder were taken.
      Wouldn't be the first time scouts looked at a guy because of his bloodlines. If his name is enough to get some attention, that's good for him, but presumably he's still got to perform in order to get more than that.

Schroeder is interesting to me because he's shown a lot of potential out on the ice but it's obvious that he's still very raw. Needs time to adjust his style and his tempo.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        Schroeder is interesting to me because he's shown a lot of potential out on the ice but it's obvious that he's still very raw. Needs time to adjust his style and his tempo.
        My apologies for being an ignoramus, but what are the DOBs for eligibility this year / is he eligible this year and next or just this year, etc. other draft-related questions that I'm really not informed well enough on to ask properly...
        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          Wouldn't be the first time scouts looked at a guy because of his bloodlines. If his name is enough to get some attention, that's good for him, but presumably he's still got to perform in order to get more than that.

He seems to also have had a little bit of bad luck out there. Hasn't he had a few open nets and just couldn't capitalize (at least based upon WRPI's testimonials)? If he's placing himself in those positions, that's terrific news. Once he's able to find the twine, he'll play with more confidence, and I would think that's what the scouts see in him.

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
            My apologies for being an ignoramus, but what are the DOBs for eligibility this year / is he eligible this year and next or just this year, etc. other draft-related questions that I'm really not informed well enough on to ask properly...
            Here's some info: http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26377

Comment

IIRC 1/1/92 - 9/15/94 a
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                A lawyer must have written that.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Yea. The info on the roster / injured reserve is great (because I had been wondering that but never bothered to look it up), but the draft eligibility section is nigh unreadable.

So, this is his first year of eligibility and he'll be eligible for three years is what I'm getting.
                  Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Yea. The info on the roster / injured reserve is great (because I had been wondering that but never bothered to look it up), but the draft eligibility section is nigh unreadable.

So, this is his first year of eligibility and he'll be eligible for three years is what I'm getting.
                    If you are talking about Haggerty, he was born on 3/4/93, so he was already eligible last year.

Edit: By last year, I mean in 2011.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Hey everyone, here's a reminder that WRPI will air both women's games vs. defending national champion Wisconsin this weekend. Tonight at 7, tomorrow at 4.
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Seemed easy enough for me to read. Of course, I'm used to that sort of speak, as I've used it on here a number of times.

Comment

Did anything ever come out of the idea that WaP and an MTU blog had of starting a series between the two tech schools?
                          After a discussion with the principals, it's something they agree with us on in a lot of ways - they'd love to do it. The scheduling with Tech is really tricky, though, and the travel undertaking apparently is a bit of a roadblock, according to the two people I talked to that would know best.
                          Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            I just realized something (I can't believe it took me this long): Perhaps there are times when other posters (including the two of us) are baiting?
                            I do have to concede, you are a master baiter!
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                              I do have to concede, you are a master baiter!
                              *****http://www.justsaypictures.com/images/i-see-what-you-did-there-02.jpg******
                              Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                                After a discussion with the principals, it's something they agree with us on in a lot of ways - they'd love to do it. The scheduling with Tech is really tricky, though, and the travel undertaking apparently is a bit of a roadblock, according to the two people I talked to that would know best.
                                Thanks. I guess that it would require flying -- or a Great Lake cruise.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X