X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part III: Our Goal is to be Offensive

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    See, this is the problem. You're never around during "thick." You never offer anything positive, only negative. Since you are already choosing to take it as such, you will most likely, like Beman, take this as some kind of rebuke for simply being critical, but when you offer nothing but criticism, your criticisms are very, very easily dismissed. And I do dismiss them because of that.
    Everyone is entitled to post here, positive and negative. It has become increasingly evident that you are moderator of this thread. Babo is right, if you disagree with a post, you state it and then attack, almost like you take it personally.
    Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

So how about that wonderful sport called "hockey"? I think it's pretty cool, it's very fast-paced. Anybody know where I can discuss it in depth with fellow fans?
      Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
        So how about that wonderful sport called "hockey"? I think it's pretty cool, it's very fast-paced. Anybody know where I can discuss it in depth with fellow fans?
        You came here to talk hockey? Let's talk hockey. Anything you had specifically in mind?

Comment

I think that our offense is going to break out vs. Bye this evening.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            You came here to talk hockey? Let's talk hockey. Anything you had specifically in mind?
            To divert away to the pros for a minute, what is everyone's stance on the whole Tampa Bay Lightning using nothing but the 1-3-1 trap issue? There's a lot of discussion about possible rule changes/refs watching for it specifically in the NHL right now due to the fact that it makes games uninteresting, makes teams like the Flyers not advance the puck because they're sick of that defensive measure, etc etc. and it just got me thinking about college hockey defense in general and how different it is from the pros.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Ryan Haggerty is a C skater on the NHL Players to Watch List.
              article http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=601845
              list http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=75380&navid=DL
              No one commented upon this yesterday. Ryan Haggerty was passed over last year. Does anyone think that he is likely to be selected this year.

it's also interesting that there are nine ECAC players listed (from eight schools), more than all the other leagues combined, although neither of the A selections is from the ECAC.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Also on another thought, York was returned to the Springfield Falcons in the AHL even though the Columbus Blue Jackets are struggling and he had the best record by numbers of any of the three goalies on that team. Thoughts on that?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                  You think this is about attention? First mistake.

No mistake.

I'm the only one being personally attacked here. If you think it's a personal attack to point out how incessantly boring certain redundant lines of discussion about inane topics are... you may have a thinner skin than I pegged you for.
                  If you think I'm personally attacking you then I understand why you act as you do...you must not have any idea what a personal attack is. Once you learn, you may stop...or not...in that case there's no longer a need for me to waste time on you. I will not do to you what you do to others. You will have the last word because you always must...continue...

Comment

There's a difference between blindly following your team believing they can do no wrong, sticking with your team while giving constructive criticism, and giving destructive criticism while giving up on your team. Trust me on this one; I'm a Bills fan (NFL). Where TB is referring is that we are "short-handed" for this year, as there was a general consensus that JDA and BP would be around for 3 years. It was a safe assumption, given their talent, that we weren't going to have them all 4 years. We did not expect them to bolt after 1 year. We certainly have recruits with high talent (Mike Zalewski, Riley Bourbonnais), and this year we have a developing college superstar (a little foreshadowing; he's not there yet, but neither was Polacek his freshman year) in JL. We can't go back to August 2010 and have JDA and BP recant their professional signing, so it's time to move on. It's a challenge for any sports program at any level beneath the highest professional ranks. It takes quite a while to get a system in place where you're getting those superstars in every class. Patience is a virtue.
                    Well stated FD, I've got patience...if I live long enough.

Comment

To divert away to the pros for a minute, what is everyone's stance on the whole Tampa Bay Lightning using nothing but the 1-3-1 trap issue? There's a lot of discussion about possible rule changes/refs watching for it specifically in the NHL right now due to the fact that it makes games uninteresting, makes teams like the Flyers not advance the puck because they're sick of that defensive measure, etc etc. and it just got me thinking about college hockey defense in general and how different it is from the pros.
                      As much as I think the trap is cheap and forces the player to chuck the puck from "the cheap seats" (aka the blue line), I don't like the idea of prohibiting it. We could use, as a comparison, a time when the NBA had disallowed "zone defense" in order to encourage more scoring. It wasn't enjoyable, at least in my opinion. What I would say is, "Find a way to beat it." There has to be a weakness in the 1-3-1.

Comment

Also on another thought, York was returned to the Springfield Falcons in the AHL even though the Columbus Blue Jackets are struggling and he had the best record by numbers of any of the three goalies on that team. Thoughts on that?
                        I'll let you know on the alumni thread. (but at least I can see him play in Syracuse on December 28th)

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                          If you think I'm personally attacking you
                          No. Using words like "bully" and "blanket party," I'm sure those were terms of endearment. I guess I don't know what a personal attack is.

The problem is, I can take it. So bring it on. I don't care.

And yes, I will have the last word, unless you want to continue.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                            If you think I'm personally attacking you then I understand why you act as you do...you must not have any idea what a personal attack is. Once you learn, you may stop...or not...in that case there's no longer a need for me to waste time on you. I will not do to you what you do to others. You will have the last word because you always must...continue...
                            I like this lady

Comment

Oh, I see it's March already. Welcome back, Mark. Liar.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I'll let you know on the alumni thread. (but at least I can see him play in Syracuse on December 28th)
                                You've been well trained.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X