X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part III: Our Goal is to be Offensive

Originally posted by babo View Post
    Maybe you do play a sport...(if it was hockey you'd have had your *** kicked long ago) but you will never be a good teammate...the team would have had you blanket partied by now because you sit on the top bunk pointing your finger...you are a typical, intelligent, attention grabbing underachiever who needs to have his *** kicked (ala HD)... After that you'll be a pretty good chap...seen it happen many times...

Everyone IS here to talk about hockey (we kid around in a 'good-natured fashion'...let me know if you need a translations or edification on the 'good-natured' part...not to be confused with politically correct 'cause that's not what I mean). So if you wish to assign motives then you may consider yourself all knowing; I won't venture to ask what sport it is in which you've dabbled; nor do I want to know (for fear it's chess and you can say you were the KING of what ever the ****** you did on the board...pun intended...) You think you're slick...and you think you can just smart off any time you wish...so can any one of us...so get a wool burn on your *** in the top bunk pointing your finger...I'll go toe to toe with you EVERY time; I'll stand for teammates against you...we're supposed to be a fan board TOGETHER...not Red Cloud smart *** extraordinaire and the RPI blog. Come join the group and stop hovering above it!!! I've told you before and I'll tell you again: you know hockey...it's a beautiful thing...figure it out, **** it! Grow up man...
    WHEN CAN WE GET BABO SUITED UP AND ON THE ICE WITH THE BRO !!

Seriously - I do think RC is a staunch fan and swings at those that attack us when other do not. I think he also (like me) thinks that a good 1/3 of what gets posted is just stroking oneself for the sake of a post. End of day, I think hes got our backs and we should have his as well. I wouldnt be ashamed or afraind to be in the foxhole with the dude....we might perish, but we would go down fighting. I feel the same about you Babo, and hope you know that Ive got your back.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
      In the meantime, I think what happened at the Union game is pretty well-documented by fans and analysts alike. Let's hope they can find whatever gel they need to make their systems work by the time the RIT game rolls around.
      Everybody deserves one mulligan, eh?
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
        it could be like any other school sport (primarily football) that gives out helmet accolades. I'm going to suggest the use of Occam's Razor here.
        I was thinking along similar lines. My first thought was to see if there was any correlation between total number of stickers and total number of games played: suppose there are 20 stickers and 10 games, then maybe we have offensive and defensive star of each game? This hypothesis could be tested if there were two more stickers overall every successive game.
        Last edited by FreshFish; 11-17-2011, 10:25 PM.

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
          Everybody deserves one mulligan, eh?
          Wait, wasn't the opinion after the Notre Dame game that that was our mulligan?
          I was thinking along similar lines. My first thought was to see if there was any correlation between total number of stickers and total number of games played: suppose there are 20 stickers and 10 games, then maybe we have offensive and defensive star of each game. This hypothesis could be tested if there were two more stickers overall every successive game.
          I find this train of thought to be highly feasible.
          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
            Wait, wasn't the opinion after the Notre Dame game that that was our mulligan?.
            Not sure. Myself, I did not think so at the time, though I am too lazy to go back through the RPI 2011-12 Part II: We Like to Post! thread to find out my exact words right after the game. Basically, if I remember correctly, I thought Notre Dame was just incrementally better than us in each phase of the game. If I recall correctly, I thought it would be a very instructive game for the team. I've been spanked like that once or twice myself like that in my athletic 'career' and eventually it always helped me become a much better player....

In other words, I would not consider the Notre Dame game a mulligan. more like, tuition, sort of...."paying your dues" is the expression, no?

A mulligan is when you flub it so badly, everyone watching just hides their face in their hands all together all at the same time.

From others' descriptions, that sounds like the Union game to me!

I'm sure people more adept than I at these things could embellish that description with a well-chosen picture.....
            Last edited by FreshFish; 11-17-2011, 10:27 PM. Reason: to improve my grammar. Good grammar DOES matter!

Comment

Not sure. Myself, I did not think so at the time, though I am too lazy to go back through the RPI 2011-12 Part II: We Like to Post! thread to find out my exact words right after the game. Basically, if I remember correctly, I thought Notre Dame was just incrementally better than us in each phase of the game. If I recall correctly, I thought it would be a very instructive game for the team. I've been spanked like that once or twice myself like that in my athletic 'career' and eventually it always helped me become a much better player....

In other words, I would not consider the Notre Dame game a mulligan. more like, tuition, sort of...."paying your dues" is the expression, no?

A mulligan is when you flub it so badly, everyone watching just hides their face in their hands all together all at the same time.

From others' descriptions, that sounds like the Union game to me!

I'm sure people more adept than I at these things could embellish that description with a well-chosen picture.....
              I do think that the Union game was overall the worst performance of the season. Hopefully, I will still say this at the end of the season because it would be hard to stomach something even worse.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Maybe you do play a sport...(if it was hockey you'd have had your *** kicked long ago)
                Hockey and softball.

but you will never be a good teammate...the team would have had you blanket partied by now because you sit on the top bunk pointing your finger...you are a typical, intelligent, attention grabbing underachiever who needs to have his *** kicked (ala HD)... After that you'll be a pretty good chap...seen it happen many times...
                Again, this has nothing to do with "teammates."

Everyone IS here to talk about hockey (we kid around in a 'good-natured fashion'...let me know if you need a translations or edification on the 'good-natured' part...not to be confused with politically correct 'cause that's not what I mean).
                False premise.

So if you wish to assign motives then you may consider yourself all knowing; I won't venture to ask what sport it is in which you've dabbled; nor do I want to know (for fear it's chess and you can say you were the KING of what ever the ****** you did on the board...pun intended...) You think you're slick...and you think you can just smart off any time you wish...so can any one of us...so get a wool burn on your *** in the top bunk pointing your finger...
                Again with the "Red Cloud thinks he knows everything" game.

I'll go toe to toe with you EVERY time; I'll stand for teammates against you...we're supposed to be a fan board TOGETHER...
                Since when?

Again, the "teammates" thing is really, really flawed. Just because someone cheers for the same team I do doesn't mean anything at all when they're being either foolish or just plain wrong. Someone once told me when they disagreed with something that I said that they were not going to be silenced that they were "totally against political correctness" and that they would continue to say whatever was on their mind.

Sorry to see your surprise that you're not the only one.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                  Especially since they've been used in the past.

You may want to explain Occam's Razor to him.
                  I don't blast the evil corporations; I know what Google is. Just didn't know it was common or had a name. Google works if you know where you're looking.
                  Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 11-18-2011, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post
                    WHEN CAN WE GET BABO SUITED UP AND ON THE ICE WITH THE BRO !!

Seriously - I do think RC is a staunch fan and swings at those that attack us when other do not. I think he also (like me) thinks that a good 1/3 of what gets posted is just stroking oneself for the sake of a post. End of day, I think hes got our backs and we should have his as well. I wouldnt be ashamed or afraind to be in the foxhole with the dude....we might perish, but we would go down fighting. I feel the same about you Babo, and hope you know that Ive got your back.
                    Very well said. Thank you.

Also thank you to FF for your words (although... I think a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is in order for some of that, which I'm sure you know what I mean).

Not much more needs to be said on this, I feel. Hockey, people, hockey.

Comment

RPI's players participating in Mo-vember (no pics yet): http://www.uscho.com/2011/11/16/afte...r-st-lawrence/

RHamilton, any pics available?

Also, once again, the BRO trying to dye the peach fuzz... -_- (he tried to do this last year as well)

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                        You need to read the post!!!the fact that the two high profile recruits that we brought in to put this program back on track not only left after 1 year but left @ the beginning of the season not the end...heck we didn't know BP wasn't coming back until he didn't show up at the Golf Tournament that was a major set back that I'm starting to think some people aren't getting.These weren't players we found over the summer and brought in for the fall these were players that we persued for 2 or 3 years...you just don't recock the gun and come up with 2 guys to replace those players especially in the ECACHL...In my mind landing JDA and BP was the recruiting coup of the century.So yea I stand by my statement that we are in a kind of a rebuilding situation any team would be under the given circumstances...further more anyone whom doesn't get this is either intent on being negative or just doesn't get it !
                        TB - I read the post, so are you saying that we are now searching for 2 replacements of the same caliber and until that happens we will be in a rebuilding process? We obviously don't have the replacements yet, do we? What about next years recruits, are the replacements there, or are we again looking a couple of years down the road to get the recruiting coup of the next century? I was not intent on being negative, I did not purposely say to myself I want to post something negative, I'm just stating my thoughts and they happen to be negative at this time...you or others can say I'm not a true fan...bla ...bla...bla...stick with them throught thick and thin...I'm been going to all home games for the past 40 years...and there has bee a lot of thin in those years, right now I'm looking for improvement in the program and want more progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          Hockey and softball.

Again, this has nothing to do with "teammates."

False premise.

Again with the "Red Cloud thinks he knows everything" game.

Since when?

Again, the "teammates" thing is really, really flawed. Just because someone cheers for the same team I do doesn't mean anything at all when they're being either foolish or just plain wrong. Someone once told me when they disagreed with something that I said that they were not going to be silenced that they were "totally against political correctness" and that they would continue to say whatever was on their mind.

Sorry to see your surprise that you're not the only one.
                          First of all, I'm never surprised at what some do to get attention...I have no expectations that courtesy (different from being PC) is prevalent so I'm not disappointed. No flaw in the teammate 'thing'...your conclusion is that there is, not mine. You seem so caught up in snarky little attacks (that go on soooooo interminably long...but you're all about talking hockey...) that you don't understand my attempt to do for you what you claim to be trying to do for FD and others; to teach you. I'm pointing out that it's unnecessary to hound. We already know your schtick. You may have all your facts in order, but you revert to the tactic used by those who are NOT winning the argument...the personal attack. Long story short, you're better than that... I don't equate what you do to being anti-PC...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
                            TB - I read the post, so are you saying that we are now searching for 2 replacements of the same caliber and until that happens we will be in a rebuilding process? We obviously don't have the replacements yet, do we? What about next years recruits, are the replacements there, or are we again looking a couple of years down the road to get the recruiting coup of the next century? I was not intent on being negative, I did not purposely say to myself I want to post something negative, I'm just stating my thoughts and they happen to be negative at this time...you or others can say I'm not a true fan...bla ...bla...bla...stick with them throught thick and thin...I'm been going to all home games for the past 40 years...and there has bee a lot of thin in those years, right now I'm looking for improvement in the program and want more progress.
                            There's a difference between blindly following your team believing they can do no wrong, sticking with your team while giving constructive criticism, and giving destructive criticism while giving up on your team. Trust me on this one; I'm a Bills fan (NFL). Where TB is referring is that we are "short-handed" for this year, as there was a general consensus that JDA and BP would be around for 3 years. It was a safe assumption, given their talent, that we weren't going to have them all 4 years. We did not expect them to bolt after 1 year. We certainly have recruits with high talent (Mike Zalewski, Riley Bourbonnais), and this year we have a developing college superstar (a little foreshadowing; he's not there yet, but neither was Polacek his freshman year) in JL. We can't go back to August 2010 and have JDA and BP recant their professional signing, so it's time to move on. It's a challenge for any sports program at any level beneath the highest professional ranks. It takes quite a while to get a system in place where you're getting those superstars in every class. Patience is a virtue.

Comment

First of all, I'm never surprised at what some do to get attention...
                              You think this is about attention? First mistake.

We already know your schtick. You may have all your facts in order, but you revert to the tactic used by those who are NOT winning the argument...the personal attack.
                              I'm the only one being personally attacked here. If you think it's a personal attack to point out how incessantly boring certain redundant lines of discussion about inane topics are... you may have a thinner skin than I pegged you for.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
                                I'm just stating my thoughts and they happen to be negative at this time...you or others can say I'm not a true fan...bla ...bla...bla...stick with them throught thick and thin..
                                See, this is the problem. You're never around during "thick." You never offer anything positive, only negative. Since you are already choosing to take it as such, you will most likely, like Beman, take this as some kind of rebuke for simply being critical, but when you offer nothing but criticism, your criticisms are very, very easily dismissed. And I do dismiss them because of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X