X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part III: Our Goal is to be Offensive

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
    The goalie masks are pretty ridiculous.

Merriam's homage to the two national championship teams is pretty awesome and I love how prominent the school's seal is on all three masks. (Does Diebold have two seals on the back for the two national championships or is there another reason?)

Looking forward to the game at RIT on Friday to see the team in person again. Hopefully an effort closer to the last time that I saw them (CC series) but with a more positive result.
    I'll be there...please don't let the night go by without at least saying hello?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Boy is everybody getting edgy around here.

I'm not sure this is what we had in mind when we originally chose the thread title!
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
        I'm not sure this is what we had in mind when we originally chose the thread title!
        It's not what I had in mind, but maybe it is what babo had in mind.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
          I say FD...STAY...RC...you can bully...and you can bully...but you'll have a stroke before FD does...then he'll be here with his quirky (and welcomed) input and you'll be on oxygen...breath Red...breeeaaaath...we all need to let the good air in and the bad air out. This team will have its issues and each of us has our opinion. No one is the policeman here. We're a team. RC: if you played a sport, you'd know that you must not rag on your team mate (hint...it can cause teams to perform badly...). It corrupts the mission (you served in the military...it's call esprit de corps...) don't draw your mates to shoot you in the back...because you may not think so, but they'll do it if you forget what's important...be a good mate...I never say you have to like your mates. But if you're on the same side...YOU are the liability.
          No worries... I had no intention of leaving.

Comment

Is anyone planning any tailgates/similar for any more of the (home) games? From one fellow Interwebs-lurking fan to another I'd like to say some hellos. I realize the next game against Dartmouth is far off (and being nationally televised ) but I'm curious as to what anyone may have planned.

In the meantime, I think what happened at the Union game is pretty well-documented by fans and analysts alike. Let's hope they can find whatever gel they need to make their systems work by the time the RIT game rolls around.
            Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

(Does Diebold have two seals on the back for the two national championships or is there another reason?)
              I believe those are for his two starts, or some other kind of accolade. Merriam had five seals on Friday. Most of the non-goalies have some number of seals as well, but there doesn't seem to be a direct correlation with points scored.

I generally try to avoid taking pictures of the backs of players heads, therefore I don't have concrete evidence about seal counts, however, as of Tuesday's warmup, Schroeder had 2, Leonard had 1, Leboeuf had 1, Dolan had 1, and Merriam still had 5. Someone (Bergin, I think) has about 5 or so.
              Last edited by RHamilton; 11-17-2011, 03:38 PM.
              RPI Class of 2012
              Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
                I believe those are for his two starts, or some other kind of accolade. Merriam had five seals on Friday. Most of the non-goalies have some number of seals as well, but there doesn't seem to be a direct correlation with points scored.

I generally try to avoid taking pictures of the backs of players heads, therefore I don't have concrete evidence about seal counts, however, as of Tuesday's warmup, Schroeder had 2, Leonard had 1, Leboeuf had 1, Dolan had 1, and Merriam still had 5. Someone (Bergin, I think) has about 5 or so.
                Perhaps this is the "family secret" this year. Two years ago it was "32 seconds" T-shirts. Last year, "Bring your work boots" t-shirts.

Comment

I've been wondering about those for a while. Polacek had a ton, but still not enough to correlate with points. I think Foss had one or two...I know the other seniors had them as well, but I don't remember exact numbers.

Comment

I say FD...STAY...RC...you can bully...and you can bully...
                    Who's bullying? I'm just speaking. In that instance, I was quoting a movie (Glengarry Glen Ross).

RC: if you played a sport, you'd know that you must not rag on your team mate
                    A) I do play a sport.
                    B) Someone who is not here to talk about hockey is not my teammate.
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I'll be there...please don't let the night go by without at least saying hello?
                      Of course.
                      I believe those are for his two starts, or some other kind of accolade.
                      Aha!
                      Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Perhaps this is the "family secret" this year. Two years ago it was "32 seconds" T-shirts. Last year, "Bring your work boots" t-shirts.
                      Or it could be like any other school sport (primarily football) that gives out helmet accolades. I'm going to suggest the use of Occam's Razor here.
                      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Or it could be like any other school sport (primarily football) that gives out helmet accolades. I'm going to suggest the use of Occam's Razor here.
                        Especially since they've been used in the past.

You may want to explain Occam's Razor to him.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          Especially since they've been used in the past.

You may want to explain Occam's Razor to him.
                          Occam's razor? We're back to discussing barbers.

Just kidding.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
                            Tuesday's game was brutal to watch, talk about being lost, with the exception of about the first 8 minutes Union beat us to the puck all nite long and were using Merriam for target practice. As far as York leaving early, I really don't see it as an issue I sincerely doubt our record would be any better had he still been here, goaltending is not an issue. Someone mentioned this is somewhat of a rebuilding year but I'm trying to find when we peaked...it must have been last year. One must remember we are 6 years into the SA era (and I like the guy) and many years worth of great recruiting so what is going on that we struggle so and have to call this a rebuilding year?
                            You need to read the post!!!the fact that the two high profile recruits that we brought in to put this program back on track not only left after 1 year but left @ the beginning of the season not the end...heck we didn't know BP wasn't coming back until he didn't show up at the Golf Tournament that was a major set back that I'm starting to think some people aren't getting.These weren't players we found over the summer and brought in for the fall these were players that we persued for 2 or 3 years...you just don't recock the gun and come up with 2 guys to replace those players especially in the ECACHL...In my mind landing JDA and BP was the recruiting coup of the century.So yea I stand by my statement that we are in a kind of a rebuilding situation any team would be under the given circumstances...further more anyone whom doesn't get this is either intent on being negative or just doesn't get it !
                            What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Who's bullying? I'm just speaking. In that instance, I was quoting a movie (Glengarry Glen Ross).
                              You are so childlike in your responses...be a man and stop pulling hair...

A) I do play a sport.
                              B) Someone who is not here to talk about hockey is not my teammate.
                              Maybe you do play a sport...(if it was hockey you'd have had your *** kicked long ago) but you will never be a good teammate...the team would have had you blanket partied by now because you sit on the top bunk pointing your finger...you are a typical, intelligent, attention grabbing underachiever who needs to have his *** kicked (ala HD)... After that you'll be a pretty good chap...seen it happen many times...

Everyone IS here to talk about hockey (we kid around in a 'good-natured fashion'...let me know if you need a translations or edification on the 'good-natured' part...not to be confused with politically correct 'cause that's not what I mean). So if you wish to assign motives then you may consider yourself all knowing; I won't venture to ask what sport it is in which you've dabbled; nor do I want to know (for fear it's chess and you can say you were the KING of what ever the ****** you did on the board...pun intended...) You think you're slick...and you think you can just smart off any time you wish...so can any one of us...so get a wool burn on your *** in the top bunk pointing your finger...I'll go toe to toe with you EVERY time; I'll stand for teammates against you...we're supposed to be a fan board TOGETHER...not Red Cloud smart *** extraordinaire and the RPI blog. Come join the group and stop hovering above it!!! I've told you before and I'll tell you again: you know hockey...it's a beautiful thing...figure it out, **** it! Grow up man...

Comment

Who's bullying? I'm just speaking.
                                Ah, but in what "tone of voice" if you will?

RC, if you were female I'd wonder if every now and then you were having a difficult mensus....most of the time you have a certain kind of gruff charm, and all of a sudden, every once in a while, you seem oblivious to connotation.

Babo, he and FD do this dance periodically, if it appears to be bullying I have learned that it actually is something different. RC is fair and consistent and protects his teammates fiercely. Those are all good things.
                                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Working...
                                X