X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part III: Our Goal is to be Offensive

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Look who's talking.
    Yeah, the guy that talks about hockey. You must be the other guy.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
      I like long walks in the park.
      With that clan, you and your better half should be able to get in plenty of those....en route to a tailgate...

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        Yeah, the guy that talks about hockey. You must be the other guy.
        Why even bother presenting opinions about hockey when they're going to be taken out of context and blasted? (not necessarily by you, mostly by others, but I'm sure you get my drift)

I already presented my position. I've heard opinions about it. Do you expect us to try to do drag out 10 days of bye time like we were Super Bowl pregame presenters?

Comment

Why even bother presenting opinions about hockey when they're going to be taken out of context and blasted? (not necessarily by you, mostly by others, but I'm sure you get my drift)

I already presented my position. I've heard opinions about it. Do you expect us to try to do drag out 10 days of bye time like we were Super Bowl pregame presenters?
          You don't like it? Leave.

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
            How 'bout tailgating...?
            Tailgating's fun. I'll definitely have to come out for one.

Comment

Why should I?

Comment

Boy is everybody getting edgy around here. We have a tough game against Bye tomorrow that we should be concerned with.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Why should I?
                  Because you're a direct contributor to the nonsense that goes on in this thread. You can't talk hockey, so you start spouting the same garbage over and over and over and over again? "I was told there would be no math?" Does that get funny after saying it 20 million ****ing times?

Comment

So, hockey?

Here's some multimedia to distract everyone from whatever has been going on in this thread as of late.

We've posted video from Union (in case you wanted to re-live it for some masochistic reason):
                    http://www.rpitv.org/productions/421...ockey-vs-union

Additionally, if anyone missed out on a chance to see pictures of the Black Friday uniforms, I snapped some photos during warmups; they can be seen here.

Also haven't seen any discussion on Goalie helmets; I'm a big fan of Merriam's National Championship themed helmet: close up pic here (and the other side).
                    Last edited by RHamilton; 11-17-2011, 01:59 PM.
                    RPI Class of 2012
                    Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
                      So, hockey?

Here's some multimedia to distract everyone from whatever has been going on in this thread as of late.

We've posted video from Union (in case you wanted to re-live it for some masochistic reason):
                      http://www.rpitv.org/productions/421...ockey-vs-union

Additionally, if anyone missed out on a chance to see pictures of the Black Friday uniforms, I snapped some photos during warmups; they can be seen here.

Also haven't seen any discussion on Goalie helmets; I'm a big fan of Merriam's National Championship theme helmet: close up pic here (and the other side).
                      Any potential pictures of Diebold's helmet? Not sure if there was anything close-up from the first MSU-M game...

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
                        So, hockey?
                        Bless you, sir.

Also haven't seen any discussion on Goalie helmets; I'm a big fan of Merriam's National Championship theme helmet: close up pic here (and the other side).
                        Merriam's new design is really, really cool. It has the 54 championship photo on the right side (as seen in the picture) and the 85 on ice celebration on the left side, with the school seal on the forehead flanked by the two national championship banners. It's really sweet.

Comment

Any potential pictures of Diebold's helmet? Not sure if there was anything close-up from the first MSU-M game...
                          Front and Back.

The text reads "Not for a million bucks" and the Graffiti-ish text on the front says "Diebs".

Even Coupal has a nice, new helmet!
                          Last edited by RHamilton; 11-17-2011, 02:05 PM.
                          RPI Class of 2012
                          Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

So, to update:

RPI wins
                            Puckman
                            Tailgating
                            Thoughtful discussions about RPI hockey or college hockey in general
                            Long walks in the park (en route to a tailgate)
                            Double rainbows
                            RPI losses
                            Getting trolled by Hockey East db's
                            Latin, French, or any discussion of grammatical structure in an RPI thread
                            "I was told there would be no ______"
                            RPI Pep Band Ex-Ex-Ex-...-Ex Conductor

RPI Hockey 1954, 1985
                            UConn Basketball 1999, 2004, 2011, 2014

Comment

The goalie masks are pretty ridiculous.

Merriam's homage to the two national championship teams is pretty awesome and I love how prominent the school's seal is on all three masks. (Does Diebold have two seals on the back for the two national championships or is there another reason?)

Looking forward to the game at RIT on Friday to see the team in person again. Hopefully an effort closer to the last time that I saw them (CC series) but with a more positive result.
                              Last edited by burgie12; 11-17-2011, 03:00 PM.
                              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

I say FD...STAY...RC...you can bully...and you can bully...but you'll have a stroke before FD does...then he'll be here with his quirky (and welcomed) input and you'll be on oxygen...breath Red...breeeaaaath...we all need to let the good air in and the bad air out. This team will have its issues and each of us has our opinion. No one is the policeman here. We're a team. RC: if you played a sport, you'd know that you must not rag on your team mate (hint...it can cause teams to perform badly...). It corrupts the mission (you served in the military...it's call esprit de corps...) don't draw your mates to shoot you in the back...because you may not think so, but they'll do it if you forget what's important...be a good mate...I never say you have to like your mates. But if you're on the same side...YOU are the liability.

Comment

Working...
                                X